Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Doc cleared!

Great news. But it leaves an even more bitter taste in the mouth.

Defeat would have been easier to take if it had been a genuine sending off offence.

Great news - finally the FA manage not to balls something up!

I''m not suggesting that D''ireso is a good ref but I can understand the pen/sending off, as in real-time this was a tough call and many posters even said after the game that live at the ground it looked nailed on. So the appeal system was used and worked as appropriate.

I also think that it is a joke that D''ireso is allowed to ref our games given his obvious sc#m allegiance, but surely it is the FA who are to be blamed for this?!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Hopefully D''Urso will now be suspended/ relagated to the lower leagues![/quote]Come on BC be fair lower leagues shouldn''t have to put up with him either!

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Hopefully D''Urso will now be suspended/ relagated to the lower leagues!
[/quote]

Don''t say that, we might be playing there next season !

Never had a shadow of a doubt, although it looked a stonewall penalty even on CW.

All credit to the Doc. I thought he could have easily fouled Adebola outside the box, and thb I didn''t understand why he waited so long with that. Now I see.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Hopefully D''Urso will now be suspended/ relagated to the lower leagues!
[/quote]

Don''t say that, we might be playing there next season !

[/quote]

LMAO just our luck [:D]

[/quote]

Can we not now take him to court for this, he has cost us on several occasions now and if we produce footage of all the incidents he will never ref again, we can all live in hope, but most of all a big kick in arse to Usless D''Urso

[/quote]

Can we not now take him to court for this, he has cost us on several occasions now and if we produce footage of all the incidents he will never ref again, we can all live in hope, but most of all a big kick in arse to Usless D''Urso

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Only a kick in the ''arris''?  Spoil all my fun [:(]

I wonder if this is some sort of acknowledgement that D''Urso''s performance was unacceptable? They could hardly have the match replayed, so this was a bit of (inadequate as always) compensation.

This decision just proves how completely wrong D''urso was and how right the Norwich fans all were. That man has now cost us two league points by getting two big decisions completely wrong over two matches. In fact make that five if you take the blatant Drury foul/rugby tackle.

The guy''s a joke.

As much as I dislike D''Useless, I can''t blame him for the penalty or sending off of Doc. Firstly the linesman gave the foul and penalty (flag across the chest), and it looked a stonewall penalty at the time. It doesn''t explain all of his other shocking decisions during the match.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Hopefully D''Urso will now be suspended/ relagated to the lower leagues![/quote]

[/quote]I think the closest we can get to that is taking him to CORT and big Carl giving him a kicking!!

[quote user="Marty"]

good, some justice, a little too late mind.

So maybe the Doc haters can appologise?

[/quote]Shergar… Lord Lucan etc etc etc

[/quote]

Wouldn''t be wise! -

A mate of mine who plays in a rather rough Sunday team came up to me at half time and said he''d be banned if a ref gave a similar performance in one of his games This was when commenting on the other 2 blatant fouls largely forgotton that should of resulted in penalties for Norwich - Cort getting his shirt pulled and the defender handballing Russells shot!

And how revealing reading on TWTD (apologies for that - just mild curiousity) that some Townies admit he has often been generous to them - sendings off and penalty decisions going there way; so perhaps as has been stated in the past, he really is an Ipswich Town fan. And coming from Essex, that wouldn''t be a surprise. That might explain why he gets two penalty decisions wrong in our match, and clearly has probably had an impact on the result.

He''s not a Binner, he''s just an idiot.

Man Dad worked with him for years, before he became an ''accomplished'' ref, and knew him quite well. I can''t remember exactly who he does support, but it''s definitely not Ipswich.

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]

although it looked a stonewall penalty even on CW.

[/quote]Eh?You must get some pretty crummy footage on CW then.Because from my distant position in the lower Barclay it looked like Doc got a bit of the ball and this was confirmed in the bar at half time.