Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

ADAMS SLAMS NORWICH!!!!!!!!!

Micky Adams has hit out at Norwich for talking about a transfer target in the press saying it has unsettled Scowcroft. It is a bit naughty and don''t think we''d like it if people were talking about buying our players in the press.
More interesting though is that Adams says Norwich have never contacted Leicester about him, so when Worthy says things are at an early stage we are talking a very, very early stage i.e. nothing!!!!!!!!

I tend to agree too on this point because history shows Nigel always does his dealing in private. I think the media are fanning this one along.

Having said that - I think the Primus move is legit - and Nigel has moved it into the public arena to make something happen. Its clear that work was underway well before it all emerged - I suspect a three way tug between the player, the club and Nigel.

Signs of a canny manager growing in confidence.

Sounds as though the reality of being relegated is finally registering with Mr Adams. He may well believe there has been no approach from Norwich, but has he spoken to his Chairman or Scowcroft''s agent. I personally hope there is no truth in the rumour as I believe there are better players out there.

I have heard twice now from mates in London about Jonatan Johansson from Charlton. now they are saying we are going to sign for 750k...they got it right with Svensson, and even told me bentley would come to us. before they were announced here.

It seems this deal has progressed further than we all thought...

Worthington says he has done nothing wrong, adding: "We have gone through the proper channels, club to club. Now it is down to the player, the agent and Leicester City."

Perhaps I''m being a bit naive here, but I really can''t see why the player is apparently
''unsettled'' by it all, especially if he has spoken to his manager, who issued an emphatic ''not for sale'' when interviewed for tv last night. As a professional sportsman he is going to be the subject of private and public discussions on and off throughout his career, but if his manager has communicated his intentions to him then there shouldn''t be a problem...unless there hasn''t been any communication or the player has doubts as to whether the manager is being economical with the truth and will help him pack his bags if an offer of the right size is received. Whatever the truth is, it appears that we did contact Leicester, (I don''t believe for one minute that Neil Doncaster would say it publically if he hadn''t done that!), and it seems as if we have Mr. Adams has thrown quite a few of his toys out of his pram. Another thing that doesn''t quite fit - Worthy said that he was interested in the player last Monday, if memory serves me right. Presumably the club-to-club contact had already been made or was made very soon afterwards. Why then leave it until Friday afternoon to speak out about what a shabby, unprofessional club we are? (I know those weren''t his exact words, but that was certainly the implication). There seems to be more going on here than meets the eye. Does anyone have any ideas what?

Interesting now to read the statement on the official site. Micky Adams has some explaining to do - at both ends!

what odds on Micky Adams to be the 1st managerial casualty of the season, something smells in the Leicester boardroom!

What the hell is going on? With Scowcroft? Er, nothing. According to the interviews in the EDP.

"the whole transfer thing is in complete turmoil". Are you talking about the non-existent Scowcroft thing or the summer transfers generally? And by complete turmoil, do you mean that you think Worthy doesn''t have things under control, or just that you''ve heard so much paper talk and conflicting speculation that you''ve lost the plot? Cos I think there''s a big difference - the papers and rumour-mongers can print or say what they like, it doesn''t alter the facts....

Ama

Last week we were told by the manager that 2 players would be joining the tour of Malaysia.. one duly signed .. charlton.. squad player 250k. The other.. the name touted by official sources, failed tro materialise... and still hasnt materialised.. Its now obvious that something has gone seriouslty t**s up with the thing and im wondering if plan B is going to be implemented or we are seriously contemplating taking the premiership on with a threadbare squad, 750k represents the expenditure of a moderatley sized div 1 team.. not one in the premier league,, Everton apart... myself and a few others are a little dissapointed that while elsewhere transfer activity is at a fever pitch.. we arent at the races.. While not advocating a spending orgy, i think 3.5 mill to spend would be a fair amount.. and would give us a fighting chance of avoiding the drop.. The papers arent to blame on this occasion, the club have talked openly about these players..

Or maybe its just taking longer than they thought. It may still happen, and there''s plenty of time yet. Worthy has before shown patience and either got his man or got a better man.

As for the outlay, if we''d paid £3.5m for Bentley and Gallacher, would you be happier? Surely its the quality that comes in rather than the transfer fee per se? I don''t care if we get 3 more players on frees if they''re top quality. Remember their wages are part of the sums too, so we haven''t spent 750k, we''ve probably spent closer to £3.5m!

Ama

fair enough we may be paying a bit in wages but you must remember that roberts, rivers, easton and crichton must have been on 20k between them

good points.. but Bentley isnt ours to keep and Gallacher wont be in the team starting the season... i want to see the club get value for money, like everyone else.. but i feel the main summer signing still hasnt been made.. or a least i hope not. Surely no-one can disagree that we need more central defensive options, i personally would like to see this the biggest area of investment, you can keep scowcroft or an.other centre forward, for once we have an abundance of good players up front. If needs be scrap any move for the striker and put more eggs into one basket and get that bloody centre half.! The slack in the squad could then be taken by loans later in the season when we know whats what. Just getting worried when i see the business being done in this league.. these clubs are now our competitors.. lets ditch the inferiority complex.

Ditch the inferiority complex... what and compete on a level with the other Prem clubs?

But we''re not on a level with them. They have all been there since last season and built up their funds and squads. Except West Brom, who are still benefitting from their prudence the previous year, and Palace, who as far as I know haven''t signed any ''big'' players yet either!

Imagine we''d signed, say, Rommedahl, like Charlton did. £2m fee plus, I''m guessing, say, £25k per week wages. That''s £3.3m this year, or perhaps the entire headroom for the whole season in Worthy''s budget. On one player. Assuming he would have come to Norwich anyway when a more ''established'' club was interested.

Come on, get real about this. Yes, there are areas that need improving, and yes there *seems* to be a lot of money from Sky, but it doesn''t go very far when you talk about those kind of players.

And as for "put all our eggs in one basket", you''ll find more support for that in the Sheepshanks school of financial (mis)management.

Ama