Sign in to follow this  
tank

Replay The Game

Now should Bristol City offer to replay Saturdays game???

We all know they won''t but Norwich were cheated out of at least a point...

How would you feel if we had won the game after a shocking referee decision???

Very...

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

Smug
[/quote]

[quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

Remember how you felt when the ball came off the refs rrrrssss and Mulryne popped it in. Totally unfair :)

[quote user="Grim Roeder"][quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

Remember how you felt when the ball came off the refs rrrrssss and Mulryne popped it in. Totally unfair :)

[/quote]

The referee is part of the field of play...

So lucky goal not a cheating ref

That was a completely different situation. He didnt bugger up, the ball just bounced off him.Anyway, I think it''s time to forget about D''Urso''s refereeing inepititude

[/quote]

I am at a loss to understand why, for penalty decisions, football does not have video replays for judgement by the fourth official in the same way that Rugby League has video replays for difficult tries.

[quote user="Bobert"]

I am at a loss to understand why, for penalty decisions, football does not have video replays for judgement by the fourth official in the same way that Rugby League has video replays for difficult tries.

[/quote]Because a delay of a couple of minutes would destroy the flow of the game.As opposed to an unjust red card and penalty (causing a delay of a couple of minutes), which is obviously the desirable result.I think the basic theme is that certain people high up in the footballing hierarchy don''t want it - as I''ve yet to read a compelling argument against it.

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Because a delay of a couple of minutes would destroy the flow of the game.

As opposed to an unjust red card and penalty (causing a delay of a couple of minutes), which is obviously the desirable result.

I think the basic theme is that certain people high up in the footballing hierarchy don''t want it - as I''ve yet to read a compelling argument against it.
[/quote]when a player is sent of and a penalty is given...is there not a few minutes delay anyway???  so why not bring in tv for imporant decisions...it would take 60 seconds tops

[quote user="I.S."][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Because a delay of a couple of minutes would destroy the flow of the game.

As opposed to an unjust red card and penalty (causing a delay of a couple of minutes), which is obviously the desirable result.

I think the basic theme is that certain people high up in the footballing hierarchy don''t want it - as I''ve yet to read a compelling argument against it.
[/quote]

But Having said that, the penalty is not taken untill the player is off the field of play, so by the time he reached the the dug out they would have seen the replay and cancelled it out, no time loss player back on  so why don''t we adopt it, the prem want it so why not us, But todays Ruleing has shown what a first rate pratt D''Urso realy is, Now sack him   

[/quote]

Did you go to the game then? We were beaten fair and square, in fact we lucky to lose by only one goal! 

So how would the game restart? Freekick to us, corner to them (if it went out), drop ball from 15 yards... it just wouldn''t work in football.

And as for D''Useless, I can''t stand him, he''s a shocking referee, but he can not be blaimed for sending off the Doc on Saturday. The foul was given by the assistant, and given that the assistant believe it to be a foul, he had no choice but to send off Doc.

[quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

Did you go to the game then? We were beaten fair and square, in fact we lucky to lose by only one goal! 

[/quote]

Yeah i was there and i think with another referee we may of stolen a point...

[quote user="Paul Bishop"][quote user="Yellow Rider"][quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah i was there and i think with another referee we may of stolen a point...

[/quote]

The difference was we lost by a bad ref, and not a good goal

Thats what I feel like, we were robbed. No penalty and we should of had 3 ourselves!

Sports with much less support and money involved use instant TV replays so why can''t football have an official in the stands with a TV monitor?

Hopefully things will even themselves out with a flukey win at the Portacabin Rd!!

[quote user="Bobert"][quote user="Paul Bishop"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

becase the ref would have to swallow his pride to consult the 4th official... can you see any Premiership ref doing that? or D''urso?

they could bring technology in tommorow but if the ref doesnt use it then whats the point?

jas :)

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="I.S."]

Because a delay of a couple of minutes would destroy the flow of the game.As opposed to an unjust red card and penalty (causing a delay of a couple of minutes), which is obviously the desirable result.I think the basic theme is that certain people high up in the footballing hierarchy don''t want it - as I''ve yet to read a compelling argument against it.[/quote]

But Having said that, the penalty is not taken untill the player is off the field of play, so by the time he reached the the dug out they would have seen the replay and cancelled it out, no time loss player back on  so why don''t we adopt it, the prem want it so why not us, But todays Ruleing has shown what a first rate pratt D''Urso realy is, Now sack him   

[/quote]Yeah, that was my exact point - there was a big delay on Saturday anyway, so I don''t see what difference an extra minute or so would take anyway.

You forget you only scored your goal due to your player diving for a free kick so you should not have scored in the first place!  I notice not one of you has mentioned that though!!

Well I was at the game and whilst we defended woefully in the first half, after 90 minutes there was very little in the teams other than the performance of C''Urso.

Where we sit in the Upper Barclay we were directly behind the ''penalty'' incident and we all agreed there was some serious doubt if it was a penalty. I should also add that the linesman did not put his flag ''up'' until he saw the referee run madly towards the penalty area brandishing a red card in total glee.

Bristol City and Swansea are the best two teams i have seen at the Carra this year.

In the end a potentially superb game was ruined by the referee.

Whilst moaning, I thought the ''last man'' ruling was brought in to punish the foul outside the penalty area. Surely it was not designed to punish the player and his team twice when a fouls occurs in the area.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]We would have lost anyway. The stats will tell you that.[/quote]Would we though? Whilst I admit Bristol City looked a very good side and had a number of good chances in the first half an hour by the time the Doc incident happened they had not taken those chances and we had fought our way back into the game. It was 1-1. Whose to say we would not have got something in the second half with it 11 v 11?Don''t forget that even during our dodgy first half performance we scored, Curo screwed up another sitter and we had 2 very decent penalty shouts turned down so its not as if it was like the alamo!I would not deny that Bristol City are currently a better side than us but there is plenty of evidence to suggest that with a different ref that game could have turned out differently.

You have the right 2 go 2 the 4th official but if the ref got it right the team loses a sub???

Any thoughts on that....  

You have the right 2 go 2 the 4th official but if the ref got it right the team loses a sub???

Any thoughts on that....  

[/quote]

Your referee knowledge is standing out here son, Perhaps we should nominate you for D''Urso''s replacement.

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]We would have lost anyway. The stats will tell you that.[/quote]

Absolute tripe, lots of teams have won whilst being well behind in term of the stats. Games are won on goals scored not overall stats. They are however, also lost on bad refereeing decisions.....

if we find ourselves in a situa-shun similar to our Premier season, what then ?

Is it ''on'' for our club to suffer relegation on the back of such woeful decision making ? 

[quote user="walks on water"]

if we find ourselves in a situa-shun similar to our Premier season, what then ?

Is it ''on'' for our club to suffer relegation on the back of such woeful decision making ? 

[/quote]

Different topic all together,

We were relegated due to lack of ambition from the board, the prize money for promotion was not spent on new players to keep us up, But we have the best Cafe in the league though, Oop''s sorry changing subject,