Sign in to follow this  
Lambo

Are we the Championship's Arsenal?

Me and my mate were talking about this the other day, we play alot of pretty passing football but lack one or two players that will do ugly, dirty stuff that ultimatly wins you football matches which is something thats even more crucial in the Championship than the PL.

Thoughts?

Much more like Tottenham if you ask me.We both try to play football the right way, and are well recognised for it, but we let teams overpower us too easily. We''re also in similar positions in our own respective leagues, and have been for awhile now.

[quote user="Lambo"]

Me and my mate were talking about this the other day, we play alot of pretty passing football but lack one or two players that will do ugly, dirty stuff that ultimatly wins you football matches which is something thats even more crucial in the Championship than the PL.

Thoughts?

[/quote]

More like W.B.A.!!!.

Pretty football, useless and shite!

Arsenal, my a*se!

Arsenal have players that don''t play ugly?!

What do you call diving, spitting and horrible challenges? Eboue is one of the most dirty players in the Premiership. I hate this - media enforced - myth that all Arsenal players are sweeter than sweet little darlings who play pwetty football and get bullied a lot.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I''d say newcastle''s a better comparison.
[/quote]

I completely agree with that, one of the bigger clubs in our division with big gates, yet under achieve every single season!

Wow, some people here take "Arsenal" to too literally don''t they? By Arsenal i simply meant play nice football that doesn''t always garentee results, relax a little hey? stop jumping down everyones throats.

i guess at least Arsenal acheive what they do with their own youth players

to be honest, i''d rather we played abysmal football and won 1-0 each week than play what we do. results have to come first, good football second (Scolari will atest to that!)

I agree mate, we''ve got good creative players now, we just need a couple players who''ll do the ugly side of the game.

In our position playing nice football isn''t going to help keep us up, grinding out results will.