Sign in to follow this  
singing canary

jason shackell

i really am trying to see the logic behind this one .

dont get me wrong , i think he is a good player , but why sell him to start with , then bring him back on loan !

i know norwich are the loan kings this season , but this move seems really bizzare to say the least !!

Change of the person making the decisions?Some loans become permanents eventually.

Its not hard...We sold him for near enough £1 MillionWe used that money for playersWe have loaned him back at a small cost.Wise move by the board. Very clever

[quote user="singing canary"]

nothing he done made any sense.

[/quote]I''m not so sure about that myself. Yes he did an awful lot wrong, but he also got a few things right. Anyway he''s gone now so b*llcks to him. [:D]I''m glad that the Shack is back and I won''t be moaning about him if he puts in 100% for as long as he''s here. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="singing canary"]

we should not have got rid of him to start with .

[/quote]

I suppose we can all thank Grim Roeder for that.[/quote]I think the decision to sell him was based on financial rather than footballing factors and I''ve never been convinced that GR was entirely happy about it. His transfer pot failed to materialise and then right on the stroke of midnight any spending we had made during the summer was recouped by the sale of Shacks.The timing, the disappearance of the money received from the transfer fund and all just as the Turners pulled out leaving us with a shortfall.If it was a footballing decision why did we sell him when we did and why has the money not been made available for replacement players?