Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

Youre just a man in a jacket... OTT!

I got completely fed up with the stewards on saturday. I know this point has been discussed numerous times on here but literally the minute we stood up when norwich were on the attack the stewards tried to get everyone to sit down in the snake pit. It is exactly the same in the Barclay/ Yeah yeah i know the rules and they ''have to be seen to take action'' but it is getting ridiculous. This poor guy a few seats along from me got told to sit down while he stood up BLOWING HIS NOSE....honestly! How do we ever expect a really decent atmosphere when we have to sit down for 90 minutes?  

What would the stewards do if the whole of the barclay and snake pit decided to stand for a match? The answer is they could not do a single thing. The atmosphere against the scum was electric and all standing together added to it. Quite simple, if you like to sit down at football matches sit in a quieter area of the ground!

CTID OTBC. 

Quite simply it''s health and safety, for your safety and not theirs.

I used to love standing up, and that was ok all the time someone who wasn''t taller than me stood in front lol, then I couldn''t see a bleeding thing.

Erm why does a person have to stand to blow their nose?  Trouble with that is, if the one in front of me stands up, I then have to stand up to see, and the person behind me then has to stand...........ya see where i''m going with this right?

[:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

I used to love standing up, and that was ok all the time someone who wasn''t taller than me stood in front lol, then I couldn''t see a bleeding thing.

Erm why does a person have to stand to blow their nose?  Trouble with that is, if the one in front of me stands up, I then have to stand up to see, and the person behind me then has to stand...........ya see where i''m going with this right?

[/quote]

Not another health and safety fan! Sorry grandad I will fetch your zimmer frame after the game......and of course I wont forget your blanket to tuck you in and keep you warm......and maybe some Bovril from a flask, hows that sound? I just hope the fans are not too noisy!

Football is about passion and its difficult to be passionate sitting down. The stewards should realise this and make allowances.

I loved the old days of terracing and so did many others, its a habit that will not die. In my opinion terraces for home fans in one area should not of been outlawed, as the Hillsborough disaster was not caused by terraces. Terracing is still seen at grounds in Germany and it works well!

But I''ve always been able to create an atmosphere and chant while sitting down. I don''t see the point of standing up unless people in front of you stand up!

Until the authorities come to their senses and allow terraced standing areas back into football (which appears unlikely but not impossible) we''ll have to put up with the seats and just try to ignore the stewards!

[quote user="Tony Da Wonderful"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

Not another health and safety fan! Sorry grandad I will fetch your zimmer frame after the game......and of course I wont forget your blanket to tuck you in and keep you warm......and maybe some Bovril from a flask, hows that sound? I just hope the fans are not too noisy!

Football is about passion and its difficult to be passionate sitting down. The stewards should realise this and make allowances.

[/quote]

I hate health and safety, in fact I think the whole H&S thing is barking mad, but it''s there like it or not and has to be enforced, if it weren''t enforced we wouldn''t be sitting in CR in the first place.

Second do not ever make assumptions I am old, or male, I am neither for your information.  Don''t be so bloody condescending in your attitude.

I was having a bit of fun, take your head out of your backside. [:)]

[quote user="glove1"]

I got completely fed up with the stewards on saturday. I know this point has been discussed numerous times on here but literally the minute we stood up when norwich were on the attack the stewards tried to get everyone to sit down in the snake pit. It is exactly the same in the Barclay/ Yeah yeah i know the rules and they ''have to be seen to take action'' but it is getting ridiculous. This poor guy a few seats along from me got told to sit down while he stood up BLOWING HIS NOSE....honestly! How do we ever expect a really decent atmosphere when we have to sit down for 90 minutes?  

What would the stewards do if the whole of the barclay and snake pit decided to stand for a match? The answer is they could not do a single thing. The atmosphere against the scum was electric and all standing together added to it. Quite simple, if you like to sit down at football matches sit in a quieter area of the ground!

CTID OTBC. 

[/quote]They''re only doing their job ffs. And how about the people that don''t want to stand who are sitting behind you! If you kept standing up infront of me, i''d tell you myself to sit the **** down! There is no way i''d let some twat spoil my view!

The stewards in the Snakepit really are a bit too much at times.

Sure, when it''s a boring game and there''s not a whole lot going on i can see the sense in getting the odd person who stands and blocks your view to sit down, but when we''re playing well, we''re all up singing, and the atmosphere is good it''s a real pain when they make us all sit and kill the atmosphere. Of course, they''re only following the rules, but other clubs don''t seem to mind looking the other way when it benefits the team, so why can''t City? It''s not exactly like we''re sitting in the River End and blocking the view of kids and pensioners, for crying out loud!

The other annoying fact is that they''re so goddamn ineffective anyway. They need to stop asking people (ie, me!) to sit down while others in front of me are still standing. I pay good money for this ticket, and i actually want to see the game, not the back of someone''s jacket. It''s not rocket science. Get the people at the front of me to sit, THEN ask me to follow suit.

Also, seeing as it''s always the same people who consistently stand, why not do something more than just ask them to sit down 20 or 30 times a game? Send a letter to their homes (they''re all season ticket holders, so the club has their details) threatening them with expulsion if they keep at it. Throw one or two out once in a while, even.

I know that all sounds, and is, fairly contradictory of me, but, hell, if you''re going to do something, do it well. Of course, i''d rather they didn''t bother in the first place...

Health and safety is the biggest load of tosh, and is just there to give somebody a job!

H&S on building sites for example have not reduced the accidents or fatalities.

If there is such an issue, why not stop outside music festivals where people get squashed?!

Rant over!

nothing wrong at all with standing.  bring back terracing, that going is one of the main things that makes football such a bore these days.

With the way we defend, sometimes I wish the gent in front of me would stand up - and not sit down again.

exactly my point, when its quiet on the pitch no one wants to stand in the way of another city fan for the sake of it. its when  we are attacking for a short period of time and ''the majority'' stand up they seem to be straight on to us to sit back down.

[quote user="glove1"]he had to stand up to get his tissue out of his pocket if you want all the details!! lol. seriously that is over the top you must agree![/quote]I must sit near you cos I saw it too!

[quote user="glove1"]exactly my point, when its quiet on the pitch no one wants to stand in the way of another city fan for the sake of it. its when  we are attacking for a short period of time and ''the majority'' stand up they seem to be straight on to us to sit back down.[/quote]

I would love for the Barclay to be standing, but sadly there are lots who want to sit down and watch the game, and all the time there are those who want to sit they won''t stop telling us to sit down.

Just because I want to stand doesn''t mean that others behind me do, or are indeed capable of standing for long periods of time.  [:)]

Maybe I''m a little too considerate lol.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="glove1"]exactly my point, when its quiet on the pitch no one wants to stand in the way of another city fan for the sake of it. its when  we are attacking for a short period of time and ''the majority'' stand up they seem to be straight on to us to sit back down.[/quote]

I would love for the Barclay to be standing, but sadly there are lots who want to sit down and watch the game, and all the time there are those who want to sit they won''t stop telling us to sit down.

Just because I want to stand doesn''t mean that others behind me do, or are indeed capable of standing for long periods of time.  [:)]

[/quote]if you want to sit, either dont come or sit in the city stand/south stand.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Tony Da Wonderful"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I hate health and safety, in fact I think the whole H&S thing is barking mad, but it''s there like it or not and has to be enforced, if it weren''t enforced we wouldn''t be sitting in CR in the first place.

Second do not ever make assumptions I am old, or male, I am neither for your information.  Don''t be so bloody condescending in your attitude.

I was having a bit of fun, take your head out of your backside. [:)]

[/quote]

Woah there, hold on yellows....I think you have the wrong end of the stick. I was merely laughing about the fact its what the stewards want, us all to behave like grandads (or grandmas) just to tow the H&S line. Did not mean to cause offence and having re-read my post can see how it was misunderstood.

However dont ever make assumptions about my attitude, it is not for you to judge or pass comment on. It could have been the kind of repost to push a lesser being over the edge!

I too was having a bit of fun try re-reading 2nd paragraph.

All the best TDW

[quote user="hellococker"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]
if you want to sit, either dont come or sit in the city stand/south stand.
[/quote]

Have I said I wanted to sit?  [:^)]

this issue has been raised many times and i have been victim to this at carrow road to the extent of being thrown out.

stewards are there to ensure we are safe. FACT

unfortunately i would not feel safe with any of the muppets running around carrow road if diaster struck. 90% seem to be power crazed individuals who get a buzz out of their authority. Unfortunately there is absoulutley nothing we can do about them.

however the minority who are not muppets understand when leeway can be made and these stewards develop a better rapport with the fans. and it must be noted that at every ground there is one rule for home fans and one for away fans

Not true Lincoln in many cases. Just take a look at the crowd on televised matches.

As an example or two

Man Utd - standing behind both goals for the entire match

Liverpool - Kop standing for the entire match

Spurs - Standing behind both goals for the entire match

Everton - Standing behind both goals  and part of the bottom tier along the side for the entire match

Leeds v Millwall - Staning behind both goals and even in the upper tier for entire match

[quote user="glove1"]

CTID OTBC. 

[/quote]

Hi ya

This is my 1st post on here so please be gentle with me :o)

I''m a steward at the football . . . We know there''s going to be standing some of the time but we only ask you to sit down sometimes coz its part of the ground regulations & we have to be seen to be actioning it.  We try our best to keep everyone safe & sound & happy but sometimes it does''nt always work.