Sign in to follow this  
jetstream

Greeno coming on for England

are england playing well ? cant be botherd to watch them (even though i made my grandad spend however much for tickets for a game against slovinia)

Good to see - hopefully he''ll do well and make the position his own.

Btw - is it me or is this ref almost as bad as D''Urso?  Almost every decision going Spain''s way, including dodgy offsides, and for the entire first half they seemed to get away with taking their free-kicks from wherever they wanted.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Good to see - hopefully he''ll do well and make the position his own.

Btw - is it me or is this ref almost as bad as D''Urso?  Almost every decision going Spain''s way, including dodgy offsides, and for the entire first half they seemed to get away with taking their free-kicks from wherever they wanted.

[/quote]

Terrible officials for Ireland as well but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! we won.

Good luck Greeno.  Good keeper.  Great to see him on.

Not a terrible England display.  Spain are simply a much much better side.

Glad Greeno got a long awaited cap.  Couldn''t do much about the goal though.

Pretty comfortable for Spain really. Which you''d expect given that it was on their patch, we were missing several key players and they were only maybe missing one or two.

We could have maybe played to our strengths a bit more because you could see that Spain were a bit worried about our pace going forward, we just didn''t make enough out of it.

Fairly unexciting game between two sides just coasting through it more than anything else.

Spain have to be the best team in the world at the moment. The midfield is pure class. Alonso, Iniesta and Xavi will boss any midfield battle. 29 games unbeaten including 3 wins over England. Quite some record.

[quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

It was a terrible England display. A typical example - Lampard, paid £80k a week or more to play the game, can''t pass to Cole 10 yards away and the ball rolls out of play, with neither player under pressure from the opposition.

Let''s face it, this country is crap at footy compared to numerous other countries. We looked hopeless with the ball (and without it) compared to Spain. The result of kids now spending every hour they can glued to the TV or playing X-box games, instead of hours at a time playing football in the park or street, like kids did when I was a nipper.

Still, we''ll perform well as a nation at the next computer games World Cup!  

[quote user="LinkNR9"]

The result of kids now spending every hour they can glued to the TV or playing X-box games, instead of hours at a time playing football in the park or street, like kids did when I was a nipper.

[/quote]When were you a nipper?Sad thing is I bet England weren''t very good then either.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="JJ"]

[/quote]

It was a terrible England display. A typical example - Lampard, paid £80k a week or more to play the game, can''t pass to Cole 10 yards away and the ball rolls out of play, with neither player under pressure from the opposition.

Let''s face it, this country is crap at footy compared to numerous other countries. We looked hopeless with the ball (and without it) compared to Spain. The result of kids now spending every hour they can glued to the TV or playing X-box games, instead of hours at a time playing football in the park or street, like kids did when I was a nipper.

Still, we''ll perform well as a nation at the next computer games World Cup!  

[/quote]

I didn''t think it was terrible.  It was a very average display, but I have seen England play a lot worse than that against much poorer sides.  Agree about Lampard though - its a travesty he''s now got as many caps as Martin Peters.

Hope Green gets a few more games now.  James has always been a liabilty for England - good at club level but just never an international keeper.

To be fair we were missing Gerrard, Rooney, Walcott and Ferdinand. Rooney, Walcott and Ferdinand all played against Croatia away, and Gerrard would have done if not injured. Therefore 4 first team regulars, and arguably (excluding Walcott, although he''s good) the most important players for us.