Sign in to follow this  
pennywise

match etiquette

having had a few sherberts prematch and taken your seat in the middle of a row whats the earliest respectable time to go for a slash ? and make everyone standup to let you though ?  personally i think anything before the half hour mark is rank bad manners and shows poor prematch preperation..  whats the general opinion ?  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]

having had a few sherberts prematch and taken your seat in the middle of a row whats the earliest respectable time to go for a slash ?

[/quote]Half time. [Y]

There is a fella who sits four or five rows infront of me. Every match, without fail, he arrives in his seat, which is in the middle of a row, 5 minutes after kickoff and leaves his seat again 5 minutes before half time, this is then repeated for the second half...

...if it is you, and you know who you are, can I just say....IT ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME. and probably also  the 20 or so people that you make get up each time.

Is there really a need for it.

Is it really that hard to stand up for 3 seconds to let somebody through? I sit in the middle of B block and purposefully go down the side with the grumpy people just to annoy them sometimes and believe me, they need the exercise.

I deliberately dont drink too much before a game cos I dont want to be missing anything..

However around me, you can predict that on 20 mins people start to head to the  Gents.

What really gets me though are the ones who leave about 6 or 7 mins before half time, then wander back sometimes up to 10 mins after 2nd half kicks off.

You might as well spend the PM in the pub.

While attending regimental dinners in the army leaving the table during the meal was an offence likely to lead to a number of extra duties so it was not unheard of for people to fit cathaters. On one occasion a drunk female Sgt peed in the regimental silver to avoid leaving the table.

I think you need to get your tactics right with loo breaks, I''ve managed to prepare myslef accordingly and go just before kick off and again towards the end of half-time.

Although I have to say, things are now at the stage where getting together for a couple of beers pre-match is the highlight of the afternoon, the game is just a neccessity that follows! 

Like Beachbum, I never drink much before a game because my bladder is absolutely woeful - normally heightened by a boring game in cold weather. I''m very jealous of those who can have about five pints before a game and comfortably sit there until half-time before having another few beers.

The proper ettiquette for me is to acknowledge the people who have stepped aside with a nod or a ''cheers''. I don''t mind moving for people but it does grind my gears when they just barge through, especially, for some reason, kids below fifteen.

[quote user="GRFC"]

There is a fella who sits four or five rows infront of me. Every match, without fail, he arrives in his seat, which is in the middle of a row, 5 minutes after kickoff and leaves his seat again 5 minutes before half time, this is then repeated for the second half...

...if it is you, and you know who you are, can I just say....IT ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME. and probably also  the 20 or so people that you make get up each time.

[/quote]Do you sit in the Jarrold? Becuase theres a guy who does that every game who sits a few seats along from me

i sit on the end of a row, if i need a pee its finei do however get the same 5 people turn up 10mins into a game and leave 5mins before the end.And are late back up after HT which really pisches me off

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Like Beachbum, I never drink much before a game because my bladder is absolutely woeful - normally heightened by a boring game in cold weather. I''m very jealous of those who can have about five pints before a game and comfortably sit there until half-time before having another few beers.

The proper ettiquette for me is to acknowledge the people who have stepped aside with a nod or a ''cheers''. I don''t mind moving for people but it does grind my gears when they just barge through, especially, for some reason, kids below fifteen.

[/quote]

So am I. In Scotland it''s against the law to serve alcohol at football matches so I have to wait until 5pm to get a beer! [:(]

In the good old days we used to call it the Barclay hot leg, you would just flop it out and piss on the poor sod in front of you, then shuffle back a bit, you used to get bovril cups full of piss thrown at you anyway.

Not a problem for you anymore thanks to Doris Arthur [;)]

Until she lifts the ban you should be ably to see the full 90 mins un-interrupted!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Not a problem for you anymore thanks to Doris Arthur [;)]

Until she lifts the ban you should be ably to see the full 90 mins un-interrupted!

[/quote]

Im constantly pissing coffee instead![:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]In the good old days we used to call it the Barclay hot leg, you would just flop it out and piss on the poor sod in front of you, then shuffle back a bit, you used to get bovril cups full of piss thrown at you anyway.[/quote]A mate of mine once got the "Barclay hot leg" Arthur. He asked me if I could smell burning and I could, the next minute, he was jumping about like a wild thing, flapping at his leg which was well and truly on fire. Turned out, someone had dropped a dog-end which had landed in his trouser turn-ups and set fire to the bottom of his trousers. We laughed at the poor lad but looking back at it now, it really wasn''t so funny. Pffft hahahahahahahahahahahahhh!!![:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]In the good old days we used to call it the Barclay hot leg, you would just flop it out and piss on the poor sod in front of you, then shuffle back a bit, you used to get bovril cups full of piss thrown at you anyway.[/quote]A mate of mine once got the "Barclay hot leg" Arthur. He asked me if I could smell burning and I could, the next minute, he was jumping about like a wild thing, flapping at his leg which was well and truly on fire. Turned out, someone had dropped a dog-end which had landed in his trouser turn-ups and set fire to the bottom of his trousers. We laughed at the poor lad but looking back at it now, it really wasn''t so funny. Pffft hahahahahahahahahahahahhh!!![:D][/quote]

LOL, good old days.

Nothing against the new generation supporters, but I think in the old days they would have given football a miss and gone to theatre rather than go on the terracing.

What about people who leave five minutes from the end, even when the match is a thrilling one and/or delicately poised? I just cannot understand that. It''s like switching a film off before the end! I''m sure there are quite a few people around who curse their stupidity at leaving before the end of City v Middlesbrough in 2005 when City were 4-1 down with ten minutes to go - yet still they do it!!!!

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="GRFC"]

[/quote]

Do you sit in the Jarrold? Becuase theres a guy who does that every game who sits a few seats along from me
[/quote]

There''s one in the Lower Barclay too....

that actually happened to me in the early seventies as well, lappin! I knew i could smell burning, but by the time I realised it was me, it was to bloody late! F8ked up a very expensive designer gear of the time! Ah the good old days, smoking and drinking on the terraces, tight leg trousers with flares and turn ups, crombies, doc martins, steel combs, scarf around wrist and or through belt on trousers. No problem in getting down the lethal steps at the back of the barclay to have a pee in an outside brick building fitted with suitable trough, hoping that you did not encounter away nutters having a comfort break at the same time.. Not a kitchen or hotel in sight.

Well its all very well for the young ''uns (and I do think that they should get there on time and not leave before half time) but believe me when you get to 70yrs and over and if you are a woman, and had a difficult birth with your child, controlling your bladder can be difficult. The real problem is the guy who designed the stadium and the Board of Directors who decided to "pack ''em in". I believe there is a problem too with guys with high blood pressure who are given pills to pee regularly and miss out on strokes. So don''t get too upset lads if the old ''un goes for a pee. It might be a question of life or death for him and remember too you lads that sitting down to pee can add a few years to your life as you get older!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]If you can''t wait 45 minutes then you might want to book an appointment with your GP....[/quote]

obviously not a 5 pints before the match type of guy  then pete ?  [:D]