Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Southampton to go into administration

According to Sky sports news southampton are thinking about going into administration either now or at the end of the season

Is that a 15 point penalty when it happens? I guess they need to decide whether they want to get relegated this season, or try and stay up then go down next? Neither are very attractive.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Is that a 15 point penalty when it happens? I guess they need to decide whether they want to get relegated this season, or try and stay up then go down next? Neither are very attractive.
[/quote]

If it were Norwich in that situation *shudder* what would people opt for?

If they can put it off until the end of the season it will not help us at all. I would guess they will try to do that so they are still in this division next season. Financialy that makes more sense. BUT they may not be able to survive until then. I have a horrible feeling they may not be the last.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Is that a 15 point penalty when it happens? I guess they need to decide whether they want to get relegated this season, or try and stay up then go down next? Neither are very attractive.
[/quote]

Is it a case of, for example,

they get relegated this season, then go into administration before the next season and start on minus 15 points?

Can anyone explain how it works if it happens in between seasons?

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Is that a 15 point penalty when it happens? I guess they need to decide whether they want to get relegated this season, or try and stay up then go down next? Neither are very attractive.[/quote]

[/quote]  I have seen ;some posts on here saying it might be good for City if it were to happen1  My feeling is that this board (like it or not) have probably done enough to stave of that possibility, (thank God). We might not like their carefull aproach from a football point of veiw but from a business point of veiw it works

Clubs have until the fourth Thursday in March to go into administration, or they will have their ten-point deduction suspended.

Clubs who take the step before March 26 will be penalised immediately.

If they wait until after that date, the situation changes. Initially, no deduction will be made and they will play out the season as normal. If they are subsequently relegated, they will start the next season on minus-ten points.

Isn''t there a date before the end of the season by which a club has to go into administration? As it is (I think) with around 10 games to go, I''m not surprised that these sort of stories are doing the rounds at the moment.

Anyone know what the date for admin is?

Surely when a Club starts speculating when and not if, it is going into Administration, then the ability to continue to trade is put into question - can they still legitimately take on credit from local suppliers etc?

Southampton are denying it at the moment, for what that is worth, and it wasn''t on Sky championship headlines the last time we looked.

There has, of course, been speculation for months, mainly among the supporters.

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Surely when a Club starts speculating when and not if, it is going into Administration, then the ability to continue to trade is put into question - can they still legitimately take on credit from local suppliers etc?[/quote]If you turn it round a bit, would you give them credit if rumours were rife that they were about to go under? It must make trading very difficult for them.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jack Flash"]Surely when a Club starts speculating when and not if, it is going into Administration, then the ability to continue to trade is put into question - can they still legitimately take on credit from local suppliers etc?[/quote]If you turn it round a bit, would you give them credit if rumours were rife that they were about to go under? It must make trading very difficult for them.[/quote]

Looks like they are doomed,i tell you doomed!

in terms of our league position its great but always hate to see football clubs struggle to keep afloat. especially when the premier league announces billion pound tv rights deals. its sickening, but the FA is to weak to stand up and order it to be filtered down through the leagues. heard leicester lost 4 million in last year too, I love football, I hate the premier league

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Jack Flash"]Surely when a Club starts speculating when and not if, it is going into Administration, then the ability to continue to trade is put into question - can they still legitimately take on credit from local suppliers etc?[/quote]If you turn it round a bit, would you give them credit if rumours were rife that they were about to go under? It must make trading very difficult for them.[/quote]Looks like they are doomed,i tell you doomed![/quote]

Yew meark I larf ! [:D]

Why do we automatically blame the Premier League?  Could it have been possible Southampton has over stretched themselves by moving to a new stadium, on the back of being relegated

coz they don''t give a toss about proper football, don''t get me wrong, I''d love promotion (oh that seems a long time ago!!!), but I''d hope we get a our football roots. Southampton was mismanaged but many other clubs on the brink have just run out of money through attendances etc, where as man city go and try and buy £100 million players.

Southampton  are  clearly  on  the  edge  financially  and  it  is  only  a matterb  of  time  when  they  go  into  administartion. I  do  not  think  many  people  outside  Hampshire  do  not  think  they  will  be  in  the  bottom  3  at  the  end  of  the  season. They  would  be  better  taking  the  points  hit  now  rather  than  in  their  first  season  in  league  1  which  would  blow  any  chance  of  them  coming  up  again  that  season

Didn''t Leeds try and pull a fast one in terms of points deductions? I seem to recall they went into administration at half time in the last game of the season when they were losing and therefore certain to go down unless there was a 7 goal swing or something like that but the FA punished them by another 5 points for their cheek.

I''m presuming that''s the reason they brought in a deadline date?

[quote user="sturgeon220"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We might not like their carefull aproach from a football point of veiw but from a business point of veiw it works
[/quote]

I suppose the book value of the net assets (which roughly equates to £30 per ordinary share) doesn''t change with relegation.

Dont worry about the team having a relegation battle two seasons running and dont concern yourself with entertainment.

More tangible fixed assets anyone?

[quote user="canaryjock"]

Didn''t Leeds try and pull a fast one in terms of points deductions? I seem to recall they went into administration at half time in the last game of the season when they were losing and therefore certain to go down unless there was a 7 goal swing or something like that but the FA punished them by another 5 points for their cheek.

I''m presuming that''s the reason they brought in a deadline date?

[/quote]

Leeds entered into administration before the last game of the season when in an impossible situation to escape, which was when the FA brought in the rule about the deduction applying to the following season if a club goes into administration after 26 March.

The 15 point deduction the following season was because they had not exited administration via a correct CVA and so the Football League could have rightfully expelled them from the league altogether, but compromised on an additional points deduction. This was also what the additional deductions applied to Luton, Rotherham and Bournemouth were for this season.