Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

don't let the ******** get you down shax!!!

i was appalled to see shax booed upon his return to carra rd with wolves...[:@]but make no mistake - its a different situaashun this time round shax - expect the fickle naaarwich fans to raise the roof when you return to carra (but only if we keep a clean sheet at preston on sat[:P])...imo - roedy knocked shax confidence last time, when he was ''rested'' to make way for pearce (who)...and even more mistakes than usual crept into his game...[:O]expect to see a different shax on the pitch at deepdale on sat - the boy will be pleased as punch and up for this fight - hoping that some stout displays will knock the doc out of the running for ''player of the season''...so i say welcome home shax - and although wolves maybe isn''t the place for you bor - i for one appreciate your return to dear ole carra in our time of need - you answered the call to arms - when you could have sat your @rse on the sofa on a saturday...and lets face it - its never easy returning back to a place of work when a new job hasn''t worked out - swallowed pride and all that - so nice one shax...it takes a man to do what you''ve done...[:D]

Agree Jack, we''ve gotta support the team on the pitch. But haven''t we been doing that? For as long as I remember, City fans have been behind their team whatever the proposition.

So it''s up to the club to perform

Shackell is poor. The fact we got a fee for him was genius. Almost made up for shelling out for HoooozHe exposes the other CB game after game. What we DONT need is for him to be all fired up and play like the headless chicken he''s always been.Really poor decision by Gunn. If he starts a game I''ll be astonished, Rather play Russell or Clingan at CB.... dont know the new fella from Fulham

[quote user="Salahuddin"]Clingan has my vote![/quote]

Doc for me by a mile, followed by clingan,  croft and hoolahan.

Shacks comes back and he has something to prove, he didn''t play well under Roeder but then neither did any of the players, lets at least give him the benefit of the doubt, he could actually do us a decent job!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Shacks comes back and he has something to prove, he didn''t play well under Roeder but then neither did any of the players, lets at least give him the benefit of the doubt, he could actually do us a decent job![/quote]I imagine that Gunn will know how to handle him, i.e. not how Roeder did it.

[quote user="IBA"]Shackell is poor. The fact we got a fee for him was genius. Almost made up for shelling out for Hooooz

He exposes the other CB game after game. What we DONT need is for him to be all fired up and play like the headless chicken he''s always been.

Really poor decision by Gunn. If he starts a game I''ll be astonished, Rather play Russell or Clingan at CB.... dont know the new fella from Fulham
[/quote]

He was a big part of the solid defence that went unbeaten for 13 games last season so he didn''t seem to expose the other centre half so badly then did he? I don''t see this as a bad decision by Gunn, more of another Roeder cock up in letting him go in the first place. Shacks might be no better than average but he is still way ahead of some of the stand in''s we''ve had, including Grounds.

I''m very much looking forward to having him and Docs back together and Grounds at left back - might not be the leagues best group but for me its a big improvement on what we have had.

Its good to see we will actually have some cover for our defence, especially now the doc has his red card appealed against. Perhaps we''ll try and play a settled back four that seems to have evaded us all season long.

As for playing guys like Russell or Clingan at CB it may have worked for 1 half against bristol but look at the results of playing russell up front - hes just not tall enough.

I really do not understand the fuss around sammy clingan! Yes he keeps the ball but when does he ever actually help Norwich City attack? He is so slow in possession and slows up every attack we have. He gets the ball with 4 on 4 ahead of him, by the time he has passed it is 10 on 4.

I really believe he should vbe played directly infront of the centre backs with rusty infront bombing on forward.

Lee Croft without doubt is player of the season

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Compared to the treatment Curo gets on here Shacs has had nothing..............yet![:|][/quote]

Get a room....

[quote user="NC"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Compared to the treatment Curo gets on here Shacs has had nothing..............yet![:|][/quote]

Get a room....

[/quote]

Err? why?[:|]