Sign in to follow this  
BarclayA

How Many People Are Going Preston?

Dont they have a new stand at deepdale now?

Have been there once, a couple of years ago when Norwich were meant to be playing Burnley but it was postponed. We followed a couple of guys to Preston and watched Preston v Stoke. It was a very good game, I think stoke were winning 2-0 and Preston ended up winning 3-2.

anyway, there was one stand that looked like it was about to fall down but I think thats been replaced now.  

If it was any other club I wouldn''t count on a lot of people going to this one but no doubt our fans will turn up in their drones in a ''deal or no deal'' style vote of confidence. [:P]

I know at least one guy who''s going but that''s only part of a bet he has with Crofty (allegedly).

I dont know whether to go or not!

Ill be going on my own on the canary coaches if i do.

Does anyone know how long it takes and where the coaches will park?

I currently go to university in Preston and will be going to the game on saturday along with my girlfriend. It will take between 3-4 hours on the coach and i would imagine they will park at the massive bus and coach station in Preston. This is a 10 minute walk away from the ground so not to far. Not many pubs on the way though so if you r going up on your own accord and want a drink leave early so you can go into town or the student pubs which arent to far away from the ground.

To an earlier post shackell did score there two years ago. A near post header from a corner. We were 2-0 down at the time and we had a obvious penalty turned down just before that! Hopefully a bit more luck this time round.

OTBC

Sadly I can''t go as it''s a family birthday weekend, but Preston away is one of my favourite away fixtures. Tops the lot if you haven''t yet been to the National Football Museum, take it from me you can spend hours in there! Also attached to the ground is a proper cafe/place to eat. Across the road is a park with plenty of parking spaces and just down the hill two great pubs which are open to away fans. What more could you want besides a win?

[quote user="carrowcake6"]

I currently go to university in Preston and will be going to the game on saturday along with my girlfriend. It will take between 3-4 hours on the coach and i would imagine they will park at the massive bus and coach station in Preston. This is a 10 minute walk away from the ground so not to far. Not many pubs on the way though so if you r going up on your own accord and want a drink leave early so you can go into town or the student pubs which arent to far away from the ground.

To an earlier post shackell did score there two years ago. A near post header from a corner. We were 2-0 down at the time and we had a obvious penalty turned down just before that! Hopefully a bit more luck this time round.

OTBC

It will take a bit longer than that. I would suggest that, with the usual stop, you will be looking at something in the region of 6 hours. The distance is in excess of 260 miles and the coaches leave C.R. at 7.30 a.m.

[/quote]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sadly I can''t go as it''s a family birthday weekend, but Preston away is one of my favourite away fixtures. Tops the lot if you haven''t yet been to the National Football Museum, take it from me you can spend hours in there! Also attached to the ground is a proper cafe/place to eat. Across the road is a park with plenty of parking spaces and just down the hill two great pubs which are open to away fans. What more could you want besides a win?[/quote]

Agree with "one of the favourite away fixtures" comment. The Museum is well worth a visit and home supporters are usually friendly/helpful. The park is an excellent place to leave the car - only a short distance to the ground.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Sadly I can''t go as it''s a family birthday weekend, but Preston away is one of my favourite away fixtures. Tops the lot if you haven''t yet been to the National Football Museum, take it from me you can spend hours in there! Also attached to the ground is a proper cafe/place to eat. Across the road is a park with plenty of parking spaces and just down the hill two great pubs which are open to away fans. What more could you want besides a win?[/quote]

Agree with "one of the favourite away fixtures" comment. The Museum is well worth a visit and home supporters are usually friendly/helpful. The park is an excellent place to leave the car - only a short distance to the ground.

[/quote]

I''ll echo that. It''s one of my favourite places and the museum is a treat too. If you go there then you really should do the museum, it''s even better than the pub!

Can''t go this time, I''ve gotta do a Mr & Mrs quiz [:$]

Coaches last season parked at the ground, and since they built the 4th stand the carpark has got even bigger. I can''t see why they will park at bus station in the centre as police try to steer away fans towards the ground and not into the city centre.

I won''t be going tho as got a wedding to attend which is disappointing as only live mins from ground.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[/quote]

I''ll echo that. It''s one of my favourite places and the museum is a treat too. If you go there then you really should do the museum, it''s even better than the pub!

Can''t go this time, I''ve gotta do a Mr & Mrs quiz [:$]

[/quote]

Nutty just remember to keep moving if you are visiting the museum else they might want to keep you.Still at least you would get dusted once a week.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Nutty just remember to keep moving if you are visiting the museum else they might want to keep you.Still at least you would get dusted once a week.

[/quote]

[:D]

The old ones are the best[Y]

Not you... the joke [;)]

Hooley, if you can get there early enough (and you will to take your kids to the museum) you can park across the road - it''s a public park but has a reasonably sized car park. From there you can explore at will. Enjoy....