Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

Purse, Davies and we end up with Shackell

This CB debacle is a complete joke now and could result in our relegation this season.The defence has been diabolical all season and in my opinion needs completely rebuilding with only Doherty remaining (and even with Doc we need someone better if we want to challenge for the playoffs).It started with Roeder''s ridiculous decision to put all our eggs in the basket of an aging injury prone 34yr old Stefanovic and a guy who just had 3 yrs out in John Kennedy. Roeder sold Shackell and left us with no cover whatsoever. It was of paramount importance that we got a new CB in January. We had 32 days to do this. Darren Purse was here for talks and Andrew Davies was mentioned. All last minute and neither arrived. Then we end up with getting Shackell back.This i feel is absolutely shocking work by City and those in charge and if we go down we have only got ourselves to blame for not addressing an issue that was so sorely evident the second Stefanovic got injured.

Wise man once say "Band of robbers go to bus station, break into bus, steal seats, steal panneling, steal bell. Bus owner catches up with robber years later and says ''what have you to say for yourself''. Robber say ''You should thank me''. Bus owner say ''Why?''. Robber reply ''Because I let you keep bus''.

At least we got a centre half in at all...

[quote user="Barclayman"]This CB debacle is a complete joke now and could result in our relegation this season.

The defence has been diabolical all season and in my opinion needs completely rebuilding with only Doherty remaining (and even with Doc we need someone better if we want to challenge for the playoffs).

It started with Roeder''s ridiculous decision to put all our eggs in the basket of an aging injury prone 34yr old Stefanovic and a guy who just had 3 yrs out in John Kennedy. Roeder sold Shackell and left us with no cover whatsoever.

It was of paramount importance that we got a new CB in January. We had 32 days to do this. Darren Purse was here for talks and Andrew Davies was mentioned. All last minute and neither arrived. Then we end up with getting Shackell back.

This i feel is absolutely shocking work by City and those in charge and if we go down we have only got ourselves to blame for not addressing an issue that was so sorely evident the second Stefanovic got injured.

[/quote]

Lets not let the facts get in the way of a good moan shall we? How do you know it was all last minute? NCFC could have been talking to the clubs for months or weeks beforehand, you don''t know.

Purse - In January Purse was told that he could leave the club if a replacement could be signed during the January transfer window and was allowed to open talks with fellow Championship side Norwich City,[9] but Cardiff could not find a suitable replacement in time and the move was cancelled.

Davies - The Canaries were all set to sign the 24-year-old on transfer deadline day, but the loan move fell through because of Stoke''s initial failure to tie up Stephen Kelly''s arrival from Birmingham due to the snow.

So we tried to get in two CBs and failed through no fault of our own.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Purse would have been nice, Davies however, has hardly kicked a ball all season.[/quote]

Exactly!

Shackells got more of suceeding than what Davies had at Norwich who may of been another Omorsuzi or Grounds - Over rated becuse they come from a Premiership club!

Why is it a joke?

Shackell has contributed this season to a club that currently sit high up in the league table, and also had a spell as team captain at his previous club! [;)]

Shackell is dog sh*t.

But, did Davies snub us, or could we not meet his wages?

If it was the former - as he has snubbed us before - f**k him and everything he represents.

We''ll get a point tomorrow.

Can''t blame Davies going to PNE, after all thay are pushing for the play-offs and we look bolted on for League One!

Shackell coming back is a joke end of story. Him and the Doc just does not work. We''ve all seen it time and time again.

We needed an experienced centre back and Purse would have beenn ideal.

shackell could play like bobby bloody moore till the end of the season and people would still slag him off give the boy a chance he is a better player than he gets credit for we can all play a faultless game whatching get real everyone raved about lita including me and i wish he was still here but some chances he missed were awful and could have won us more points but thats football thats why we love it it does our bloody head in otbc

[quote user="Lol Morgan"]Shackell is dog sh*t.

But, did Davies snub us, or could we not meet his wages?

If it was the former - as he has snubbed us before - f**k him and everything he represents.

We''ll get a point tomorrow.[/quote]

Seeing as most of the moaners on here seem to think we overpay our players then it could not have been that.