Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

You faint hearted lot!

Okay you yellow hearted fans out there. Since I started the thread ''Huckerby must be signed NOW!'', I''ve been gutted as to just how many of you in Canary Land, still preach caution, are you lot Chicken or Canary fans?.

I sometimes doubt whether or not you want our beloved City in the Premership, HUCKERBY MUST BE SIGNED NOW!. It really is that simple, just how much more more evidence do you need?. without him, and indeed Crouch and Harper, WE WILL be stuck in this damn divison forever. I guarentee it.

Don''t just reply with ''we could go broke'' or look at so and so'', yeah I''ve heard it all before. Also don''t accuse me of not being grateful to Delia and Co. To let Hucks go back to Manchester now, or worse, a division 1 rival, would I suggest be right up there with the charge of the light brigade, and we all know how that turned out!.

Worthington MUST be backed by the board, if not, Nigel and us the suppoprters will have been let down. Remember Martin O''Neil anyone?.

Don''t ask how?. we are a not privey to the boards information, just demand that it does happen, OK.

Ok ok ok. Enough of trying to have a stance on this bloody subject!! You win. I will wave placards and sing and shout, and then sing some more and wave some more placards and then if they don''t sign him I''ll start on about "how the board have no ambition" etc.

BUT.

IF we DO sign him and we DON''T go up (maybe, you never know), all I want is that people then remember that football is "a funny old game" and there are no guarantees.

Anyway, it''s not as if I don''t want Hucks/Crouch/Harper - I''d love it! I''m just aware that we could get into some difficulty that none of us know anything about, especially me.

The fact is that Darren Huckerby does not have to signed NOW, but when his loan ends or more probably in January. So in the mean time lets just be happy that we''ve got him and give this particular discussion a rest til the time when we may sign him.I for one am getting bored fo this constant Huckerby talk - bring it up again in a month''s time

Yeah I must admit as December approaches I have been giving it more and more thought and my only concern is that if we do not sign Hucks and Crouch and nothing is done for replacements we are''nt all saying to each other in May ''could have been our year this year''. I can just see us slipping further down the league after Dec 13 only for other clubs to pick up these players. What a conundrum the board are in though. They will know that this is probably our best season to go up and all because of the loanees and can they run the risk of letting them go only for us to see them slide and end up for another season in Div one. As I said in an earlier posting the board have created this dilemna for themselves by getting these players in the first place but then they must have known the effect that they could have had on the team. I would''nt like to be the person to tell the fans that we cannot afford them. There is also Worthy to think of. What will his position be if they go back with no replacements. Will he think that there is no way this club will move forward and then also Francis, Drury and Greeno with the same thought. Probably the biggest month coming up in the last 10 years for Norwich. Me personally, I believe that we have to find a means to keep them as I cannot see the point of bringing them here for three months spending 400000.00 getting to virtually the top of the league (and maybe the top after tomorrow) only for it all to go belly up in Dec. What would be the point of that. They may have well saved the money and carried on with what we had. Its like getting the missus a diamond necklace and telling her that after three months it has to go back. She would not be impressed just as the fans will not be if nothing is done.

That''s so silly though. Are you saying you''d rather not have had them?? We could have been struggling for the last three months but instead we''ve gained a lot of extra points which could help us at the death. You don''t see the point in winning more games than we would otherwise have done?

This is so strange - when they don''t get any players we all complain, when they get the best they can afford we complain that they have to go back! I''m wondering what people will think of if why buy all three?