Sign in to follow this  
canaryjock

Aviva - is this not a bit annoying?

[quote user="bullshead"][quote user="Phil E Stein"][quote user="bullshead"]

[quote user="Phil E Stein"]Aviva is an appalling name. It sounds like that rusting banger of a sixties/seventies car, the Vauxhall Viva. Why on earth they needed to mess about with that world famous name Norwich Union, goodness only knows.[/quote]

Cos the name isn''t world famous......

[/quote]

Are you kidding me? Why did Y Viva Espana, or whatever this insurance company like to be known as now, spend millions of pounds on an advertising campaign informing the public of their change of name then? Ok, plenty of ignorant fools couldn''t point to Norwich on a map, but I''m sure millions of people have heard of Norwich Union, which has been one of this country''s foremost insurance companies for many, many years. If it ain''t broke, don''t fix it!

[/quote]

The biggest Nisurere in the UK, not the world.  Aviva is globally known, it has nothing to do with ditching "Little Norwich".  People on here moan about Norwich being described as "little" but most posts previous in this thread make it obvious that it is you who have set that mind frame

[/quote]What a load of Bullshead.  [:)]

[8]"We''re a floundering club - but we''re AVIVA''n a laugh! We''re a struggling team - but we''re AVIVA''n a laugh!"[8]

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Norfolk n Chance"]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="AndyJR"]Sod Aviva - horrible corporate name who''s bosses and shareholders don''t give a toss about the community/workers/people of Norwich.  Sod Aviva.

[/quote]
Well put.
[/quote]

I wonder where the "Little Norwich" stigma comes from?

When we get something local that is even remotely successful on a global stage, you cry that its taking local jobs, and they should keep everything local.

[/quote]

I predict they''ll "re-rebrand" back to Norwich Union within 5 years.
Just the latest example of idiots paying w*nkers someone elses money to rebrand something that didn''t need a new identity in the first place.

Anyone remember that the Royal Mail is now called Insignia?
No?
That''s because it was b*ll*cks.

[/quote]

No.

The situation with the Royal Mail/Insignia had completely different circumstances. You can''t compare the two. Aviva is a name that has been used all around the world for a long time now. If you want to compare it to something, compare it to how that bathroom cleaner Jif changed its name to Cif to fall in line with everywhere else in Europe. Has it changed back? No.

The rebrand is the perfect opportunity for Aviva to reduce it''s presense in the city. I fear that within the next 5 years it won''t be such a major employer in Norfolk.