Sign in to follow this  
Håkon

3 mill for clingan!!!

Plus Waggers is saying its a done deal in the summer. It''s a sorry state of affairs where the money from the sale of a permanent player would be wasted on loan players fees. People who don''t give two hoots about the club or its fans. Why do we consistently sell our best players for such low prices? £3 million ends up as £1.5 million for the manager with the rest going to some restaurant or other. Its just not good enough and is the reason we''re in this mess right now. The board lack the ambition and the resources to say to Clingan here''s a 3 year contract and a grand extra each week. Sadly we don''t work like that and its why clubs like Preston, Burnley and Cardiff are all better placed in the league than us. Simple as. I''m also worried about Gunns comments regarding the bid. I want him to build a team around a player like Sammy Clingan not sell him and buy some cheap Scottish player who can''t pass, can''t tackle and can''t take set pieces!

Go tell ''em Lupu.

Waggers as de facto official spokesperson has no doubt been deputed to clear the way for Sammy''s summer departure by our perennial nice chappie CR PR maestro Roger ''cleverer than the rest'' Munby.

This board is a joke. Their only hope is that they luck into success with Team Gunn a la Archie Macaulay - a Scot, a fine judge of a player and an excellent football psychologist.

OTBC

So, next season Sammy has, at best, mediocre-middling Championship football if he stays with us, or a go in the Premiership, playing with better players, against better players, and on a far higher wage if he opts to go to Fulham?Whats he going to do then? What is he going to WANT to do? Contracts or not, it''ll be his choice and he''ll choose Fulham. Who would blame him? I wouldn''t. Yet I suspect people would boo him if, by some miracle, he went there and we ended up playing Fulham here for some reason.Buying low and selling high is how this club has always done its business, even when we were in the Prem AND doing well-remember Fox and Sutton, well, that all happened under the days of Chase, that same individual who a lot of people are seeing now through distinctly rose coloured spectacles!If we are going to sell him, then the money will be used for replacements-and suggesting that half of it will just go on a restaurant, whilst amusing, doesn''t stretch the truth that much, the club is in debt and some money, from any fee, any income, will have to go to creditors-whether the club or the fans-like it or not. However, again, if he goes for £3 Million, we''ll then see the sums here, come August, "...we got £3 Million for Clingan, spent £400''000 on x, £200''000 on y and got z on a free-wheres the other £1.4 Million?.." If only it were that simple!I am NOT a supporter of the current regime before anyone says I am-but I am trying to be realistic-this is how the club has always operated and always will, why, because of logic (Sammy, like others, will want to move on and up, "demonstrating" some sort of ambition would only words, and he won''t want to hang around to see if it might be achieved when a Prem club is waiting for him, already made) and neccessity.Not long ago, we were all scratching ou heads wondering who we had who might have a value if he was to be sold. Well now we do, and, if Crofty signs his new deal, there''ll be another. Of course, Sammy might want to stay, if he does=fantastic, but come on, how likely is that?

That didn''t take long, we got Clingan for nothing 7 months ago, he proves he''s a very good player, a Prem clubs hints they would like him, not even a formal offer but already the club is saying they may not be able to resist a firm bid. I find it strange when all the club has to say is "Clingan not for sale" but I think the money is already earmarked for something more "Concrete" and he can always be replaced by another second rate loaner. Same old city

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Bye bye Sammy...............sod off Smith![:@][/quote]

A classic for your 9,000th post. Well done Dave, keep on entertaining us with your posts. They''re always a joy because you have Wiz bashers and Wiz supporters! Which camp am I in? I always enjoy the Wizards posts. Keep it up!

[quote user="singing canary"]so dont you think 3 million would go a long way to help rebuild the team .[/quote]

Gunn would be lucky to see a million of it............the reast will/would have been budgeted for...........it always bloody is.[:@]

[quote user="singing canary"]so dont you think 3 million would go a long way to help rebuild the team .[/quote]

It won''t be for ''rebuilding the team''......[:|]

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

The board lack the ambition and the resources to say to Clingan here''s a 3 year contract and a grand extra each week. Sadly we don''t work like that and its why clubs like Preston, Burnley and Cardiff are all better placed in the league than us. Simple as.

[/quote]

Remind me what incentives David Nugent accepted to stay at Preston?

Remind me what incentives Kyle Lafferty accepted to stay at Burnley?

Remind me what incentives Glenn Loovens accepted to stay at Cardiff?

I really can''t believe that a manager and club fighting against relegation go out of their way to openly advertise for sale their best player.

Have we already admited defeat/relegation is a certainty?

Seems that everything at the club is gearing to that and if so thay all want.............

What message does that send to the rest of the players and the team morale?

Never mind if we lose we wont be here nest season!!

Yes but us MUG PUNTERS will. Give me strength and one of the Directors is a PR man!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

I really can''t believe that a manager and club fighting against relegation go out of their way to openly advertise for sale their best player.

Have we already admited defeat/relegation is a certainty?

Seems that everything at the club is gearing to that and if so thay all want.............

What message does that send to the rest of the players and the team morale?

Never mind if we lose we wont be here nest season!!

Yes but us MUG PUNTERS will. Give me strength and one of the Directors is a PR man!!

[/quote]

I don''t think that NCFC broke the news, was it not Clingan himself? Then the Sun picked up the £3m price tag from somewhere. Gunn is just responding to those reports. Of course if you know different.....

Norwich should offer Clingan an extended and better paid contract, so that we can keep him for another season. His value will only increase as more clubs show interest, so this has to be the best policy.  Failure to do this and also the big silence on Croft shows a lack of ambition.  

I''m sure Mr Dronecaster will say that all monies raised from the sale of players - will be given to the manager to strengthen the squad......Or, that what is left over from other club financial dealings and matters that require more prompt and immediate attention....

[quote user="Fraksi"]

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

The board lack the ambition and the resources to say to Clingan here''s a 3 year contract and a grand extra each week. Sadly we don''t work like that and its why clubs like Preston, Burnley and Cardiff are all better placed in the league than us. Simple as.

[/quote]

Remind me what incentives David Nugent accepted to stay at Preston?

Remind me what incentives Kyle Lafferty accepted to stay at Burnley?

Remind me what incentives Glenn Loovens accepted to stay at Cardiff?

[/quote]

I''m pretty sure that they were offered improved contracts, which at least kept them at their respective clubs a season or so longer than would otherwise have been the case.  

As I recall Nugent went for £6 million which is the type of fee we should be looking for, instead we are going weak at the knees over a £3 million pound bid which would be based on numerous clauses and installments.Loovens contract was due to expire so the club had to cash in or he would have gone for nothing at the end of the season. This is the exact same scenario for Clingan. If the board had been proactive throughout the season they would have realised he has been our best player and having only signed a 2 year contract would be able to discuss terms with other clubs by January next year. Why didn''t they offer him a contract extension in November or December to cut out any prospect of the player leaving at cut price. Sadly our board have never worked like that. It''s now probably too late as once the Premier league clubs come fishing its very hard for any player to say no. PS Interesting to note that none of these players have exactly set the world alight following their moves just shows the grass isn''t always greener!

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]I''m also worried about Gunns comments regarding the bid. I want him to build a team around a player like Sammy Clingan not sell him and buy some cheap Scottish player who can''t pass, can''t tackle and can''t take set pieces!
[/quote]

I Think your forgeting we all ready own that scottish midfielder (Fozzy)

It''s quite clear that Sammy doesn''t want to stay with NCFC in his recent interview, he wants to play at a higher level.  So IMO we should get as much as we can for him and tell him to bugger off

Good God people, reading some of the idiotic posts on here, you''d think we''ve already sold him.

What Gunny''s said is just a simple fact, it WILL be hard to keep hold of him if a Premier club puts in a big bid for him. We need the money, and he wants, and deserves, to play at a higher level.

Until someone comes out and says ''We''ve agreed a deal to sell Sammy.'' you lot really should shut up and stop criticising the club for actions they''ve yet to commit. Try supporting the club once in a while, rather than whinging and whining about any and everything you read in the papers or on stupid, nonsensical rumour websites.

Best supporters in the country? It''s a goddamn joke. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves, you really should.

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]As I recall Nugent went for £6 million which is the type of fee we should be looking for, instead we are going weak at the knees over a £3 million pound bid[/quote]If you think we''re going to be able to sell Clingan for £6m then you really don''t have a clue do you.

So CLINGan will be LET GO.  He will no doubt be replaced by a new hero, so no worries.  Look what that recipe has done for us. No reason it won''t work again.........except that it didn''t work for us this time.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]So CLINGan will be LET GO.  He will no doubt be replaced by a new hero, so no worries.  Look what that recipe has done for us. No reason it won''t work again.........except that it didn''t work for us this time.[/quote]

Never mind. Perhaps another ''hero'' will also buy my season-ticket to replace me. 

I would bite anyone''s arm off for £3 million for Clingan. Yes, on his day he can be excellent. But he''s had his day less than the number of fingers I have on one hand this season. He''s far too inconsistent. Let him go. We need the money to rebuild the rest of the squad - as lets face it, we''ve got no money, and we need more bodies in our squad. With £3 million in the kitty, we could bring in the likes of Carney, Killen and Gow permanently rather than on loan - and we might even get a new centre back and right back permanently in too with the leftovers! I''d sell Marshall too for £1 million if we can get it, and blood Rudd or Steer. They''ve got huge potential as young goalkeepers - get them in - and use any money we get for Marshall to strengthen the rest of the squad.