Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

If relagation leads to board going

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]then would you be for it?
[/quote]as i quoted in another post...i would hate to see us relegated BUT if it takes relegation to get rid of delia and co and get cullum in then yes...sometimes you have to take a backwards step to go forward

We wouldnt come back up with the squad we have now let alone the one we would have next season .

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]No, we would really struggle to come back up.[/quote]

We will really struggle to come back up. I can''t see us getting out of this anymore. I think we will get relegated this season. But no I would hate to see it happen, and I don''t even think it would push delia out. It would worsen our appeal to potential buyers.

[quote user="Dictator Smith"]We wouldnt come back up with the squad we have now let alone the one we would have next season .
[/quote]

Leicester fans probably thought the same thing last year, yet they''ve turned it around. We would also be more competitive in the transfer market at League One level and could rebuild the squad properly - Grant never overhauled Worthy''s squad and Roeder never overhauled Grant''s because of all the short term contracts.

There is a gulf in quality between Champs and L1, just look how Forest and Donny struggled at first despite their last seasons triumphs. i don''t see why we couldn''t do very well actually!

The Board int going anywhere.  We''re already being softened up with the lines about youth being given a chance.  It''s already been sewn into fans heads that the club will rely on youth to get us out of DIV 3.  And don''t bank on getting your 15%-20% cash back either, the club will ask to keep it for team funds.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]No, we would really struggle to come back up.[/quote]

We will really struggle to come back up. I can''t see us getting out of this anymore. I think we will get relegated this season. But no I would hate to see it happen, and I don''t even think it would push delia out. It would worsen our appeal to potential buyers.

[/quote]it would be SNIP for any potentil buyer...cullum springs too mind and that would be great business for him to get it at a fraction of the price deliah quoted him(as we are led to believe)

Yes Leicester are not a good exmample. They pay championship wages and are 14 million in the red. It all depends on the buyer - i.e. if they have money to waste.

What would our financial model be for Div 1?

[quote user="ThePetty"]

Yes Leicester are not a good exmample. They pay championship wages and are 14 million in the red. It all depends on the buyer - i.e. if they have money to waste.

What would our financial model be for Div 1?

[/quote]

We would prudently budget to finish mid-table on a budget slashed dramatically in light of decreased revenue.  We will then act all surprised when smaller but more pro-active and ambitious clubs do better than us and we finish where we budget to finish.  We should be used to it by now.......

If we go down the only way we will come straight back up is IF Cullum came in and brought us the quality players and that if is a big if.  Also if teams like Forest and Leeds can''t come straight back up, then the future looks bleak for us.