Sign in to follow this  
lucky green trainers

6 wins needed says adams on radio naaarfolk...

ok - where are the 6 wins coming from???i reckon...burnley - the clarets are regaining their form - but they play coventry on tuesday night,,,we will be fresher on saturday - if we can''t start well and turn ''em over it will say to me the ''writing is on the wall...''coventry - they will be playing twice a week starting on tuesday night versus burnley - and also blackburn in the cup - high tempo games that will take their toll - make no mistake...plymouth - if you can''t beat the teams around you - you deserve to go down - simple as ---- a must win game...sheff wed - ditto for plymouthwatford - ditto for plymouth/sheff wed...last win needed---either blackpool or charlton away,,,hopefully we will beat blackpool - cos a i won''t want to go to charlton needing a point or more - after a craven cottage no show...so thats 6 wins,,,imo - the nest 2 home games are winnable - on the basis the fixtures are being kind - we will be fresher...and so they will hopefully be games we can win...but thats my only argument..cos clearly burnley are a decent team - and coventry have got better over the course of the season - producing a good away draw to blackburn in the cup///if we lose the next 2 or draw - then it will be an uphill struggle - make no mistake - but they are winnable - and we could well push on from there if we get the wins we need!!!opinions???

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ok - where are the 6 wins coming from???

i reckon...

burnley - the clarets are regaining their form - but they play coventry on tuesday night,,,we will be fresher on saturday - if we can''t start well and turn ''em over it will say to me the ''writing is on the wall...''

coventry - they will be playing twice a week starting on tuesday night versus burnley - and also blackburn in the cup - high tempo games that will take their toll - make no mistake...

plymouth - if you can''t beat the teams around you - you deserve to go down - simple as ---- a must win game...

sheff wed - ditto for plymouth

watford - ditto for plymouth/sheff wed...

last win needed---either blackpool or charlton away,,,hopefully we will beat blackpool - cos a i won''t want to go to charlton needing a point or more - after a craven cottage no show...

so thats 6 wins,,,

imo - the nest 2 home games are winnable - on the basis the fixtures are being kind - we will be fresher...and so they will hopefully be games we can win...but thats my only argument..cos clearly burnley are a decent team - and coventry have got better over the course of the season - producing a good away draw to blackburn in the cup///

if we lose the next 2 or draw - then it will be an uphill struggle - make no mistake - but they are winnable - and we could well push on from there if we get the wins we need!!!

opinions???
[/quote]

Agree with the logic, but the fundamental issue, as it has been all season, is our inability to keep clean sheets. As Cort said in his interview after the Bristol game, its soul destroying having to come back in games all the time. The defensive problems just won''t go away, and again today we heard repeated silly errors being made.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]ok - where are the 6 wins coming from???i reckon...burnley - the clarets are regaining their form - but they play coventry on tuesday night,,,we will be fresher on saturday - if we can''t start well and turn ''em over it will say to me the ''writing is on the wall...''coventry - they will be playing twice a week starting on tuesday night versus burnley - and also blackburn in the cup - high tempo games that will take their toll - make no mistake...plymouth - if you can''t beat the teams around you - you deserve to go down - simple as ---- a must win game...sheff wed - ditto for plymouthwatford - ditto for plymouth/sheff wed...last win needed---either blackpool or charlton away,,,hopefully we will beat blackpool - cos a i won''t want to go to charlton needing a point or more - after a craven cottage no show...so thats 6 wins,,,imo - the nest 2 home games are winnable - on the basis the fixtures are being kind - we will be fresher...and so they will hopefully be games we can win...but thats my only argument..cos clearly burnley are a decent team - and coventry have got better over the course of the season - producing a good away draw to blackburn in the cup///if we lose the next 2 or draw - then it will be an uphill struggle - make no mistake - but they are winnable - and we could well push on from there if we get the wins we need!!!opinions???[/quote]

Agree with the logic, but the fundamental issue, as it has been all season, is our inability to keep clean sheets. As Cort said in his interview after the Bristol game, its soul destroying having to come back in games all the time. The defensive problems just won''t go away, and again today we heard repeated silly errors being made.

[/quote]very true beau - its seems to me that if butterworth can''t sort the defence out - we will go down,,,and it needs one of the backroom staff to give full and proper attention to this department - and that intensive schooling and practice needs to take place...

We have recently been beaten in the cup at home by Charlton and failed to beat Southampton , expecting to beat anybody at the moment home or away is nothing more than wishful thinking.

We need a minimum of 4 points from our next two games, since we just seem totally incapable of picking up any points away from home. I can''t see us beating burnley, a side who are actually in form, but we might beat coventry...we usually do at home. As for 6 wins by the end of the season i dont think we will, but i dont think the sides around us will either. The standard of the sides down there, Watford, Plymouth, Charlton, Forest, Southampton, Barnsley, is ridiculously poor so who knows maybe 46 or 47 points maybe enough this season. If we get 2 points or less from our next two home games i think we are doomed.

Oh if we go to Charlton needing something on the last day im pretty sure we''ll crap ourselves like we did v Fulham. OTBC.

[quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

Mr Adams also stated that surviving relegation was in our hands......The league table clearly shows that it isn''t. 

[/quote]

Of course it''s still in our hands.

We ourselves need to pick up around 18 points but even though there are teams around us with games in hand they can''t all get maximum points as some teams must play each other.

The classic example of  '' it''s out of our hands '' - as older fans around in 1985 will well remember - is when we complete all our fixtures eight points ahead of a team who had three games left to play........

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="mickey phelans tash"]

Mr Adams also stated that surviving relegation was in our hands......The league table clearly shows that it isn''t. 

[/quote]

Of course it''s still in our hands.

We ourselves need to pick up around 18 points but even though there are teams around us with games in hand they can''t all get maximum points as some teams must play each other.

The classic example of  '' it''s out of our hands '' - as older fans around in 1985 will well remember - is when we complete all our fixtures eight points ahead of a team who had three games left to play........

[/quote]Yes i belive it was Coventry they took 9 from 9 coz no team they played against had anything to play for was it Everton who won the league that year who Coventry turned over 4-1

One game at a time is the way to go. Burnley next, and as you say, hopefully they will be tired. There is no reason we can''t beat them. We''re at home for a start, and performances are improving, games against teams higher in the table are much tighter than under Roeder, and at the moment we''re losing to referee decisions, having equal proportion of play and chances but hitting posts whilst the opposition are tucking them away. Slender margins, which can be turned around easily, but as with everything, we need that slice of luck to start us off.

I remember a time when we talked about fortress carrow road. Hasnt been like this for the last 2 seasons - what has gone wrong. Weve always had bad away form - fact. Home - we were great.

Living away from Norwich now, we go to many away games and see many losses. My boys ask can we watch Norwich at home too see them win. Its not a guarentee anymore so I say no. The scrooge I am. A 3 hour drive and there isnt a team in the division that I would wager us winning on. So where can we get 6 wins from - please help answer this. I just cant believe the comments I read. Its not Gunns fault, this has been a longer issue.

Hope so, but I don''t think it will be as easy as that.

I think we will win 4 more home games and will win at least 2 of Ipswich, Blackpool and Charlton away.

Draw last day of the season will see both Charlton and us Stay up.

It''s going to be gut wrenching until then BUT I am convinced.

The DS will go Butterworth and Crook will take over new investment and...............The story continues.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Draw last day of the season will see both Charlton and us Stay up.

It''s going to be gut wrenching until then BUT I am convinced.

The DS will go Butterworth and Crook will take over new investment and...............The story continues.

[/quote]

So who is going to go down Butler if us & Charlton are going to stay up?, pray tell........

I''d be suprised if 50 points was needed this season, there are enough teams in trouble.

I''d go for 46 being enough for survival.  We won''t get 6 wins (don''t forget we''ve only had 8 all season).  If we can somehow manage 4 and a couple of draws (and keep the goal difference respectable; has anyone beaten us by more than 2 goals this year?) then I think we''ll scrape through.

Next season however things will need to change big style..............or else!