Sign in to follow this  
Heffers Canary

Just got back..

....from the game today. I honestly am not sure what to say, apart from that judging by the atmosphere amongst the fans during the game and the players after it is all starting to look so desperately sad and predictable. I so want to be proved wrong but I honestly can''t see us surviving. I can''t believe I spent Valentines Day with the love of my life and they just keep breaking me heart.

P.S For all you Crofty doubters out there, he was the only one who did ANYTHING today, (apart from Wes), he was popping up everywhere trying to create openings and win balls that he had no right to but you could see he was so desperate to try and create something. Put Russell, Grounds, Semmy et al to shame

Yep, its a good hike to Preston and I would guess at about 600-700 of us made the trip...but the atmosphere was dire...I dont think there was more than 3 rounds of OTBC and a couple of muted ''Yellows, Yellows'' all game. Even our  "Bryan Gunn, Bryan Gunn etc etc..no hair"  went out only once and very weakly. Whether this was a response to what we were watching, or whether what we were watching was a result of our lack of noise, ...I''d like to think the former. Just dont know why it was so quiet...was it the distance travelled? ...was it the location? or were there not enough of the younger party animals there that made the trips to  Plymouth, Notts Forest and Doncaster enjoyable.

To be honest there was very little energy from our team first half with the exception of the usual suspects, Hools, Crofty, Cort.

Most of our midfield was ineffective, Gow looks a lightweight, Shacks was ok but much the same as he left us. Understandably we have a lack of understanding along our back line. Late subs of Killen Carney and Cureton added nothing. What we needed today was the likes of Clingan to get some organisation into the midfield and Pattison to get stuck in, which we rarely did.

Listened to most of the second half on the radio and have to say it sounded pretty uninspiring.  We needed to dig in and bully ourselves a goal under the circumstances.  Every week in the championship seems to produce one or two shocks, but never involving ourselves. 

Losing is a habit and it seems the 2 points lost against the Saints has had a deep affect mentally.  Never mind the opposition, a win on Saturday is an absolute must.

[quote user="Heffers Canary"]

....from the game today. I honestly am not sure what to say, apart from that judging by the atmosphere amongst the fans during the game and the players after it is all starting to look so desperately sad and predictable. I so want to be proved wrong but I honestly can''t see us surviving. I can''t believe I spent Valentines Day with the love of my life and they just keep breaking me heart.

P.S For all you Crofty doubters out there, he was the only one who did ANYTHING today, (apart from Wes), he was popping up everywhere trying to create openings and win balls that he had no right to but you could see he was so desperate to try and create something. Put Russell, Grounds, Semmy et al to shame

[/quote]clap clap clap...again norwich has great away support and yet AGAIN put in another uninspired performance...spot on to you and all the other fans that made the journey and all away journeys this year as far...you and all other NCFC supporters deserve much much more