Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Jonatan Johansson linked

Does anybody rate him? and do we really need another striker in the target man mould when Svensson does a good job [although if this story is true it surley must mean the departure of Abbey!] I reckon we need to address the supply to the strikers - more players like Bently please Worthers...

I rate this guy, had he not been injured a couple of times he would have been Charlton''s top scorer for the past 3 -4 years running. He''s injury free now I believe and scored a truly wicked bicycle kick last season to mark his comeback.

As for whether we need him; well, the current strikers we have are superb and all have unique qualities - they should be able to cope. But just two injuries amongst them and we''d be severley limited. I''d like to see a proven top rate player like Johansson join, especially for 750k.

He scored twice for Charlton in a friendly at the weekend according to teletext. If you go on the basis that you need two players for every position then we need to have four centre forwards in the squad. There has to be a big question mark over whether Zema will make it (although it would be fantastic if he were to come back after all his injury problems) and good prospects though they are Jarvis and Hendo are nowhere near the finished article yet.

Therefore by this logic we''ve probably only got three centre forwards in the squad, Hucks, Leon and Super Matt and room for one more. Personally I''d sooner have Johansson than Scowcroft.

Jonatan Johansson is type of striker we need a tall goalscorer who is proven in the premiership. Played with Svensson at Charlton so he may want reform that partnership for us.

Lets also not forget this player has scored goals at international level.

The Primus transfer now appears to be dead as there as been no action for quite a while. I heard that Jonathan Fortune of Charlton was unhappy that Charlton had bought Talal El-Karkouri and may want to leave for guaranteed first team football. Could we offer him this and would Worthington go for Fortune if he became available????

I still remain hopeful that Worthington has something up his sleeve and may surprise us all.

OTBC

Ha ha, when Delia talked about emulating Charlton, I didn''t think it meant buying all their players! But if they got them where they are now - and that''s where we want to be - then they must have something about them!

Rivals site is reporting that JJ will be in Norwich for talks on Wednesday. Guess there might just be something in this one, then!

I personally would rather see us sign another couple of defenders and midfielders. We already have three strikers with premiership experience.