Sign in to follow this  
er indoors

The week that will send us down

The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley. Even allowing for the embarrassingly ridiculous move for Worthington and the spineless appointment of Gunny the club sunk to new lows this week by re-signing Shackell after talk of Purse and Davies gave way to our old friend Prudence once more.Division One here we come - and all you Mugs who applauded Gunny''s farcical appointment be honest - WE WILL THOROUGHLY DESERVE IT!!

[quote user="er indoors"]The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley.

Even allowing for the embarrassingly ridiculous move for Worthington and the spineless appointment of Gunny the club sunk to new lows this week by re-signing Shackell after talk of Purse and Davies gave way to our old friend Prudence once more.

Division One here we come - and all you Mugs who applauded Gunny''s farcical appointment be honest -
WE WILL THOROUGHLY DESERVE IT!!

[/quote]

For starters, most of us against Gunnys appointment all said that once he became the manager proper, we''d back him, thats not being mugs or applauding anyone.

And for your information, Davies has hardly kicked a ball all season for anyone, and Purse wanted to stay at Cardiff!

Oh Mello you clueless wonder I do love you. No blind faith here my friend. If you bothered to read anybody elses posts other than your own self indulgent ones you''d know that.

Love you you loads.[;)]

[quote user="er indoors"]The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley. Even allowing for the embarrassingly ridiculous move for Worthington and the spineless appointment of Gunny the club sunk to new lows this week by re-signing Shackell after talk of Purse and Davies gave way to our old friend Prudence once more.Division One here we come - and all you Mugs who applauded Gunny''s farcical appointment be honest - WE WILL THOROUGHLY DESERVE IT!![/quote]Tomorrow morning, I''d try the other side of the bed if I were you................[8-)]

Quote user = "''er indoors"

The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley.

Even allowing for the embarrassingly ridiculous move for Worthington and the spineless appointment of Gunny the club sunk to new lows this week by re-signing Shackell after talk of Purse and Davies gave way to our old friend Prudence once more.

Division One here we come - and all you Mugs who applauded Gunny''s farcical appointment be honest -

Someone obviously did not get a Valentine''s Day card this morning [:D]

[quote user="er indoors"]The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley.

[/quote]

People like you make me so angry. This very website has reported why the Purse and Davies deals did not go ahead and "prudence" had nothing to do with it. Take off your flaming-red tinted glasses and educate yourself a little before spouting crap...

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Oh Mello you clueless wonder I do love you. No blind faith here my friend. If you bothered to read anybody elses posts other than your own self indulgent ones you''d know that.

Love you you loads.[;)]

[/quote]

But you''re still a ''blind faither''....and I''m not your friend.

SAhackell is far better than what most Norwich fans give him credit for. Hes a good stopper whos fully commited. Davies has hardly played this season and would take time to settle in, which I don''t think Shacks will

We only sold Shacks cause we were offered silly money for him when he wasn''t playing but in hinsight keeping him and not signing Kennedy would of been more successfull!

I''d make Preston favourites today but then aghain we all said that about the Wolves game the other week!

Yes going for Worthy was ridiculous but Gunny whether people admit it or not was our best option.

A supposedly better and experienced would of wanted a 3 year deal, appointed his own staff, probably ripped the guts out of the club again, would of hung on until sacked if it wasn''t working and there would be no more guarantee of success than with Gunn!

Gunn is on a short term deal, would walk before he was pushed if it wasn''t working out, has great people skills an important asset in a managerial job, has a great baxckroom staff behind and knows the club inside out!

If you look at our history apart from Maculay and Saunders our most successfull periods have been when we''ve had managers appointed from within - Bond, Brown, Stringer, Walker and our last successful manager Worthy!

While we''re in deep trouble your pessimism is way over the top!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

If you look at our history apart from Maculay and Saunders our most successfull periods have been when we''ve had managers appointed from within - Bond, Brown, Stringer, Walker and our last successful manager Worthy!

[/quote]Bond was not appointed from within, but that is not the real point. All of those seven managers you rightly praise (although what is forgotten about Brown is that he led us to an unnecessary relegation) had some kind of relevant coaching or managerial experience. Stringer, for example, had coached the winning FA Youth team and the reserves. Gunn, by contrast, has no such experience.

[quote user="singing canary"]i would rather look at it as so far we have lost 1 in five ...[/quote]snap...but we do need to start winning(to point out the obvious) i for 1 still think we will avoid relegation  which is great for the club...BUT it gives the board more breathing space...hopefully the takeover talk will come to fruit  OTBC

[quote user="singing canary"]i would rather look at it as so far we have lost 1 in five ...[/quote]

Yeah, but even if we draw all our remaining games and remain ''unbeaten''.....We''re going down.

There is a world of difference between a manager and a coach. A figurehead, a leader, is what was needed and that is what we have. He has the coaches in Crook, Butterworth and Deehan who have enough experience in that field and in management to make the management ''team'' successful.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="singing canary"]i would rather look at it as so far we have lost 1 in five ...[/quote]

Yeah, but even if we draw all our remaining games and remain ''unbeaten''.....We''re going down.

[/quote]

Not quite true, there are still teams below us who could lose or draw all their remaining games.

[quote user="Fraksi"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Not quite true, there are still teams below us who could lose or draw all their remaining games.

[/quote]

If we don''t win games (and I mean more than 7+) we''re going down....

[quote user="Yellow Wall"]There is a world of difference between a manager and a coach. A figurehead, a leader, is what was needed and that is what we have. He has the coaches in Crook, Butterworth and Deehan who have enough experience in that field and in management to make the management ''team'' successful.[/quote]Yellow Wall, I understand the distinction you''re making between coaching and management. However in most cases coaching - as with the example of Stringer and the youth team and the reserves - in effect meant managing those squads. Making team selections, deciding on systems, tactical changes etc. All the things Gunn had never done.As to Gunn being the figurehead, that can only work up to a point. Ultimately it is the manager who has to make the big decisions. I wasn''t at the Southampton game but from all accounts it was clear that we needed to react quickly in the second-half to the switch Southampton had made from 4-5-1 to 4-4-2. By all accounts we reacted too late. Obviously I have no idea what advice Gunn was getting from the coaching staff (if any) and no idea what thoughts (if any) were going through his head.What I do know - for a fact - is that Gunn had never been in that position before, either as a coach or a manager, and so had no previous experience on which to draw in making a decision that only he could make. That is the point, and it exemplifies why his appointment was such an unjustified gamble.

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Love you you loads.[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh go on, be my friend.[;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Love you you loads.[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Go on, it''s Valentine''s Day!

[quote]The inevitable defeat at Preston today will mean 5 games without a win since the ''Roeder Relief'' result against Barnsley.

[/quote]

2-0 binner

jas :)

[quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Love you you loads.[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you''re a blind faither and I''m self-indulgent....It just wouldn''t work.[U]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="IncH_HigH"]

Love you you loads.[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you''re a blind faither and I''m self-indulgent....It just wouldn''t work.[U]

[/quote]

And you''re only an ''IncH_HigH''.....and that''s being exaggeratingly generous.....''Weener, Chipolata etc, etc.....[N]

So, no replies to my thread since 3.52pm Saturday afternoon then eh?  I wonder why?! I guess a few of you yellow and green specked mug brigade have finally woken up and smelt the coffee this morning?FYI I''m not a binner, or a Smudger fan (God forbid) but when we are relegated and the dust finally settles at least Smudger, Wizard and a few of us with half a brain can say they didn''t back this excuse for a ''board''s spineless decision to appoint Gunn and his merry men on the back of one freak result against the mighty Barnsley, in hindsight the worst result this season for sure and maybe even in the clubs history. OTBC