Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Will we go down after todays result?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]SWP  Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

But even you have to admit surely that todays result has only hindered our chances rather than helped us?

[/quote]

Of course it hasnt helped but still if you are a manager of a relegation haunted team and had to look at where you were going to pick the points up to save the team from being relegated, an away game to a team in the play off places and had only lost once at home all season is not somewhere you would expect to get a win.

We have winnable games left, Watford are not going to win all 3 of their games in hand and Plymouth are only 3 points above us and in freefall.  There are a lot of twists left despite what some posters on here think.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Komakino i don''t think it would matter who was in charge, the players simply aren''t good enough or passionate enough.[/quote]

Spot on.

[quote user="crafty canary"]Home match against Watford is now an absolutely must win. Hopefully we''ll get a result against Argyle but will probably provide them the points to arrest their fall. Don''t bank on any points now away from home and I don''t see many from Reading, Burnley and Cardiff at home either.[/quote]

we could be too deep in the mire by the time the Watford game rolls around.. B****ks to Watford! we need to beat Burnley next week.. the most importanbt game is the Next one.. and thats the one to win...

jas :)

SWP  Poor Man''s Ruel Fox

The simple problem with NC is consistency, and the lack of, and without that we are quite simply sailing too close to the wind. 

We are relying on others to get poor results, just like last season, it''s simply not good enough and we will be in trouble unless we win the majority of our remaining games.

Neil Adams sounds like he´s clutching at straws when he starts telling callers ............6 wins..................18 points..............and he thinks we will just stay up.

But 8 wins all season and the team we have now is it. The defence will see us comfortably relegated

Gunn said he was happy with the performance and disappointed with the result. Did we actuall have more than one deflected shot on target?

But then contradicts himself with things he wasnt happy with?? like the marking. (surely that makes it another bad performance even if only for the defence!)

Reckons that when Hooly went down it might have been a penalty, but the players didn´t appeal for it and Neil Adams said it wasn´t maybe its just desperate wishful thinking

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

Yes or no answer after listening to Preston ease past us today.

I didn´t think so last week but now looking at the table and the way were playing i think we will finish one from bottom now

[/quote]

No, staying up on goal difference!

Yes, I still think we will go down and that hasn''t changed since roughly November time. I am cheered slightly by the fact we have got rid of Roeder and our form has improved, but still we are beset by the usual mix of inconsistency and not reacting quickly enough to defending set plays. What do we need? A prolific goalscorer and a resolute defence.

Can we survive? In theory yes; but probably only by accepting there really are 3 even more desperate sides than us and that will continue to be the case until the end of the season.

Has our form really improved though ? 3 points from 5 games since Gunn was made manager .

Needing 18 points or so from the 13 games remaining is a big ask.

On current form we''ve had it. Charlton look down and out - but didn''t we say that about Notts Forest and Donny only a few weeks ago ?  I think at least one club will fall into administration this season, probably Southampton and maybe Watford too. If we''re really lucky and two clubs do go down the tubes, then, assuming Charlton don''t make a miraculous recovery we''re safe.

Problem is we''ll only be safe until the whole circus starts again in August. Without substantial investment surviving this season will only delay the inevitable......

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

Yes or no answer after listening to Preston ease past us today.

I didn´t think so last week but now looking at the table and the way were playing i think we will finish one from bottom now

[/quote]

Yes.

Not scientific but looking at the games left for each of the bottom teams and then using the results they gained aginst these teams first time round, the final table would look like this;

49   N Forest
48   Watford
48   Barnsley
48   Plymouth
44   Norwich
37   Sothampton
36   Charlton

I have supported NCFC for a long time, but I have never known such a bleak period as now. As much as the board are responsible,for the current situation, so is the Premiershit, just look at the list of clubs that have gone belly up once relegated from the promised land. So sadly NCFC will  be relegated.   

we wont finish above forest theyve got a much better younger squad, and let in less goals. Their season really started when billy davies took over.

And as to these people that say "all we have to do is win our next 2 home games" dream on IF is the biggest word in the dictionary. 8 wins all season is shocking and hope alone cannot dismiss the facts that there is nothing else new going to happen to the club in the next few weeks as in players and coaching staff, and what weve got simply isnt good enough. So whats gonna change and how?

League One here we come