Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Will we go down after todays result?

Yes or no answer after listening to Preston ease past us today.

I didn´t think so last week but now looking at the table and the way were playing i think we will finish one from bottom now

Without a shadow of doubt , nothing will save us now and in all honesty we are one of the 3 worst sides in the division , if not the worst .

[quote user="JimRoyle"]We''ve still got to play Plymouth and Watford at home - the fat lady''s not singing yet.
[/quote]

Watford could be miles clear of us by then if they win their games in hand.

jas :)

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

Yes or no answer after listening to Preston ease past us today.

I didn´t think so last week but now looking at the table and the way were playing i think we will finish one from bottom now

[/quote]

Long way to go yet SC.

No further ground lost today because they all lost and Charlton probably don''t matter.

With our goal difference worth any extra point I think we still have a fair chance.

I cant see Watford winning more than 1 of their games in hand at the very least, and their form throughout the season backs this up I think really.  Why do so many on here assume the games in hand are automatic 3 points?

We''re not down yet and losing to a very good Preston side away is not going to cause us to get relegated.  We do however need to pick some points up, particularly wins at home, and soon.

do you now whats really sad?? Its the fact that i find myself wishing for Championship football next year (for obvious reasons considering the alternative), and we should be aiming for the play-offs, just shows how much standards have slipped in all aspects of the club in the last 3-4 years.

When Gunn was appointed, I said it was a stupid appointment for stupid people and naturally feared the worst. I still stand by that, though hopefully I''ll be proved wrong...

[quote user="komakino"]When Gunn was appointed, I said it was a stupid appointment for stupid people and naturally feared the worst. I still stand by that, though hopefully I''ll be proved wrong...[/quote]

The damage was done long before Gunny was appointed

imo

[quote user="komakino"]When Gunn was appointed, I said it was a stupid appointment for stupid people and naturally feared the worst. I still stand by that, though hopefully I''ll be proved wrong...[/quote]Couldnt agree more Gunn should never have even been considered for the managers role and with the team facing a relegation battle it was a decision of gross stupidity by this joke of a Board .

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Komakino i don''t think it would matter who was in charge, the players simply aren''t good enough or passionate enough.[/quote]I think the players are good enough but the formation the team has adopted is so easy for opposition players to close down. With no natural width the team just get muddled in an overcrowded midfield. Utter shite.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]SWP  Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

But even you have to admit surely that todays result has only hindered our chances rather than helped us?

[/quote]Did you honestly expect us to get something from this game?  Against a team with one of the best home records?Our home form is the most important thing now, and we''ve got to play both Blackpool and Charlton away.  I''m still confident of us staying up.Watch out for Plymouth, they are in free-fall.

Sadly.......YES!

Although, as NCFCstar said, Plymouth are in freefall!!!!!!!

That might yet give us hope!!!!

We need to go on a Doncaster (Rovers not Neil!) type run!

They''re 7 points clear now!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]SWP  Poor Mans Ruel Fox!!

But even you have to admit surely that todays result has only hindered our chances rather than helped us?

[/quote]

Did you honestly expect us to get something from this game?  Against a team with one of the best home records?

Our home form is the most important thing now, and we''ve got to play both Blackpool and Charlton away.  I''m still confident of us staying up.

Watch out for Plymouth, they are in free-fall.
[/quote]

No I didn''t but I had hoped, the key word is hope, and slowly but surely it''s going. 

Home match against Watford is now an absolutely must win. Hopefully we''ll get a result against Argyle but will probably provide them the points to arrest their fall. Don''t bank on any points now away from home and I don''t see many from Reading, Burnley and Cardiff at home either.