Sign in to follow this  
ROBFLECK

Unanimous verdict ...

After reading the main threads on the board for the last half an hour, I feel most of us have agreed on the fact that avoiding relegation will be like climbing Mount Everest. We''ve played hree/two games more than teams around us and we can''t score goals... I wonder how relegation will affect most of you? I for one have already accepted it. Not very optinistic I know, but the form-book, championship referees, our own board it seems are against us.

If someone had told me we were going down to the third tier of league football 15 years ago I would confidently have sneered: "You must be jokin'', we''re not a topclub but we''re definitely prem. league or thereabouts !"  Today I couldn''t avoid a nod, "yes mate, it seems like it, doesn''t it?"
I really hope supporters give the board  it full in their face, but at this club the "support" just keeps on coming... Whatever happens, Carra''s gonna be full, supporting NCFC, their board of plonkers and their nitwit manager. I used to have no problem with that.  "Great supporters" that''s what NCFC is all about! But the last two or three seasons have shown that everyone can get that support, even if he or she don''t even have a bit of the FOOTBALLING side of the club in their minds.

Astounding, isn''t it?

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]

After reading the main threads on the board for the last half an hour, I feel most of us have agreed on the fact that avoiding relegation will be like climbing Mount Everest. We''ve played hree/two games more than teams around us and we can''t score goals... I wonder how relegation will affect most of you? I for one have already accepted it. Not very optinistic I know, but the form-book, championship referees, our own board it seems are against us.

If someone had told me we were going down to the third tier of league football 15 years ago I would confidently have sneered: "You must be jokin'', we''re not a topclub but we''re definitely prem. league or thereabouts !"  Today I couldn''t avoid a nod, "yes mate, it seems like it, doesn''t it?"
I really hope supporters give the board  it full in their face, but at this club the "support" just keeps on coming... Whatever happens, Carra''s gonna be full, supporting NCFC, their board of plonkers and their nitwit manager. I used to have no problem with that.  "Great supporters" that''s what NCFC is all about! But the last two or three seasons have shown that everyone can get that support, even if he or she don''t even have a bit of the FOOTBALLING side of the club in their minds.

Astounding, isn''t it?

[/quote]

No its not astounding its a very well supported club out in the sticks.

What astounds me is that posters on here have a inflted view of their own importance - YOU ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MINORITY!!!

[quote user="NorwichRat"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]

Astounding, isn''t it?

[/quote]

No its not astounding its a very well supported club out in the sticks.

What astounds me is that posters on here have a inflted view of their own importance - YOU ARE AND WILL ALWAYS BE A MINORITY!!!

[/quote]

The only of importance is our club and it''s going down fast, so facing the facts is not wrong is it?

Norwich City , could become a league one club by the start of next season. But one thing that keeps me sain , is that leicetser and their fans have done great since relegation , and I think our fans are more loyal and given this we must back the manager, the players and most of all the board. We need them to keep the players that we have, and not be forced into selling. Croft is probably going to vanish and it looks like clingan too, possibly Marshall , but i think we have replacements at the club. The biggest worry for me is that with so many loan players at carrow road, we are going to be down to the bare bones and we will not get back the likes of bertrand , gow , killen etc, so we need to rely on our youngsters, and having seen them in action this season I really think we could mount a serious challenge and an exciting one with so many youngsters. They are as good as playing league on stuff  already ..

[quote user="delboycanary"]

Norwich City , could become a league one club by the start of next season. But one thing that keeps me sain , is that leicetser and their fans have done great since relegation , and I think our fans are more loyal and given this we must back the manager, the players and most of all the board. We need them to keep the players that we have, and not be forced into selling. Croft is probably going to vanish and it looks like clingan too, possibly Marshall , but i think we have replacements at the club. The biggest worry for me is that with so many loan players at carrow road, we are going to be down to the bare bones and we will not get back the likes of bertrand , gow , killen etc, so we need to rely on our youngsters, and having seen them in action this season I really think we could mount a serious challenge and an exciting one with so many youngsters. They are as good as playing league on stuff  already ..

[/quote]

Interesting statement Delboycanary, I agree with your opinion... But what troubles me is still the board... They''ve made such a mess of it, for me and many others it''ll be hard to believe in them...

It''s not ''unanimous''. I, for one, don''t think we''ll be relegated.

Sure, things look pretty terrible, but it''s no worse than it was in 1997/98, where we''d gone 14 games without a win, leaving us 3 points above relegation with 5 games to go. Plus, we had better teams below us that season, and arguably one of the worst Norwich squads of all time.

But we all pulled together, got behind the lads, and roared them on to safety with consecutive 5-0 home wins against Swindon and Huddersfield, who were both midtable when we played them, if i remember correctly.  We even managed to win away(!) in the last game of the season. Imagine that!

We''ve got some good players, and play some nice football. As long as we pull together, the players cut out the silly mistakes, and the fans get behind the team, i see no reason why we should go down. Fingers crossed that we do that.

It ain''t over, ''til it''s over. There''s plenty of time to turn it around.

On the ball, City.

[quote user="delboycanary"]

[/quote]

And the moon is made of cream cheese too I''ll wager![:|]

If we don''t get relegated this season. We will next. A summer cannot make miracles unless..... more money, greater management stability and we have luck on our side in the majority of games.

It''s not management its the life and times of a football club whos not willing to risk. Why risk, though - you look at those clubs that have risked and their are only a few that have benefited long term from it.

After Walker we have to accept that we are a Championship side, aiming more than this is rubbish we arn''t good enough. We werent really good enough in our last promotion - it''s the same for most teams -and hence why so many teams struggle. We now want the best but we dont want to or risk finanically to do so. So why don''t we start to build a team that has stabilty in the Championship rather than foolishly expect promotion or play offs. With this ethos if we get to the play offs or indeed have a good FA cup run then we all unite and enjoy the ride - eg Burnley, Cardiff, Swansea.

Defeatest it sounds but eventually you have to be realistic. Unless miracles happen and their is a pot of gold under the Carrow Road rainbow we have no option. Sod the 3 yr plan where we gain promotion, lets settle for the 3 yr plan where we are safe of relegation, where our academy blooms and we can make money from selling Div 1 players a yr later for £3m. Hopefully this way we wont find ourselves in this situation every year.

We just are not good enough and with the board etc will never will be. Fact.

Please convince me otherwise.

We have a chairman/director with pots of .......salt, pepper and other assorted herbs and spices and maybe some stainless steel teflon ones too?!!

[quote user="hurricane"]We have a chairman/director with pots of .......salt, pepper and other assorted herbs and spices and maybe some stainless steel teflon ones too?!![/quote]

Lol! and some ready chopped frozen onions simmering away in one too!