Sign in to follow this  
7rew

Where are you?

Ok, so we are going down and we are all grieved over it.

The 5 stages of grief are:  Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. 

[If anyone can find a vid of the simpsons doing this it would be appreciated]

Which one are you in?

Personally I was in 1 for a long time, quickly moved through 2 and 3 and am now vasillating between 4 and 5.

Interesting list of emotions there 7rew. Taking this as how I am feeling re NCFC.

Denial - never been there, though it would be nice once in a while!

Anger - an emotion I always hope for if suffering depression/apathy.

Bargaining - not sure about this one.

Depression - can''t say I feel depressed as such, more angry, but frustrated as what to do about the mess we are in.

Acceptance - never. I don''t accept that nothing can be done, it''s a matter of those with the power to do so who need to act.

I really think in a football related world you need to add apathy and frustration to that list!!

Somewhere between depression and acceptance.I won''t accept it until it happens, but with the games in hand others have around us, I just can''t see us escaping the clutches of relegation this season.

While there are so many games to go, I''m still in "denial".  Though I can''t really be in denial until it happens, and it hasn''t happened yet, so I''m at stage zero.

Acceptting now may lighten the grief load when and if relegation happens. Thats what I did for a self protection exercise for the Euro''s (England). I accepted after the Russia game that we were not going to qualify and therefore kept my opinion which was validated a few weeks later thank to Mclaren Poppins

[quote user="twinkle toes silvester"]I''m in 4 [Depression]...
Have been for a long long time..
And i really hurt..
[/quote]

Huggies?

Im at stage 2 and will continue to be until the board are removed.

This reminds me of the 6 stages of a project: (or, in this case, a football season) :

1 Enthusiasm

2 Disillusionment

3 Panic

4 Search for the guilty

5 Punishment of the innocent

6 Reward of the non-participants

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Interesting list of emotions there 7rew. Taking this as how I am feeling re NCFC.

Denial - never been there, though it would be nice once in a while!

Anger - an emotion I always hope for if suffering depression/apathy.

Bargaining - not sure about this one.

Depression - can''t say I feel depressed as such, more angry, but frustrated as what to do about the mess we are in.

Acceptance - never. I don''t accept that nothing can be done, it''s a matter of those with the power to do so who need to act.

I really think in a football related world you need to add apathy and frustration to that list!![/quote]I think it is quite easy to spot people in each stage by their posts, certainly the first three.  The fourth is characterised by not posting or reading the forum, the fifth by reading and laughing at everyone in the other stages:Denial - we won''t go down, Charlton, Southampton and Plymouth are worse.

Anger - Kill Delia!

Bargaining - Cullum will save us.

I''m simply bloody angry............with Delia, the yes men at Archant, Mellisa Gunn and her stupid campaign (happy now dear?)............ and all the blinkered fools at Carrow Road.

I''m going with Anger at the Idiots who continue to fill this forum with negativity! It doesn''t look good but many teams have got themselves out of a lot worse and will continue to do so long after the dust settles on this season!!

[quote user="braham"]I''m going with Anger at the Idiots who continue to fill this forum with negativity! It doesn''t look good but many teams have got themselves out of a lot worse and will continue to do so long after the dust settles on this season!![/quote]

I''m also angry with head in the sand types like you. Wake up and smell the bloody coffee.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="braham"]I''m going with Anger at the Idiots who continue to fill this forum with negativity! It doesn''t look good but many teams have got themselves out of a lot worse and will continue to do so long after the dust settles on this season!![/quote]

I''m also angry with head in the sand types like you. Wake up and smell the bloody coffee.

[/quote]Sorry Wiz all I can smell is sand... then I sneezed!!!![;)]

My heads not in the sand, I have eyes I can see for myself the mess we are in! I''m just not willing to throw the towel in like the rest of you! I can''t for the life of me understand anyone accepting relegation when it hasn''t bloody happened!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

I''m with you Braham because there''s still so much football to go.

Wiz, bless you, you do make me laugh sometimes. You were positive before Bristol and Preston and now we''re all doomed! Bristol was a bad result but we played really well with ten men for the second half and should have won a penalty which would have given us a point (albeit unfortunately for a very good Bristol City side IMO), and we narrowly lost away to a play-off team on Saturday. Have a little faith feller! [;)]