Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

TIL THE FAT LADY...

It isn''t over til the fat lady sings!!!

We are not down already, accept it. We are ''SUPPORTers'' and we NEED to do that and back the team to stay up this year.

Some people just seem happy to accept it and want any chance to have a go at Delia. Get over yourselves and support the team!!

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]It isn''t over til the fat lady sings!!! We are not down already, accept it. We are ''SUPPORTers'' and we NEED to do that and back the team to stay up this year. Some people just seem happy to accept it and want any chance to have a go at Delia. Get over yourselves and support the team!![/quote]

YAY another just support the team and everything will be fine post!!!! Wake up mate a smell the brown stuff!!!

We ARE supporting the team, what do you think we''ve been doing? We don''t just moan for the sake of it. We''re greatly concerned for the club, which is why when feeble statements like "Lets get behind the team by making lots of noise and it''ll cheer them onto a win" it gives the impression that the true reality of the situation (and its reason for being) hasn''t sunk into some people.

This isn''t like a hollywood film where a patient is miraculously awoken from a coma by singing their favourite song to them. Just making lots of noise isn''t enough I''m afraid. We''re a business at the end of the day and because the income hasn''t been invested properly we are falling ever faster towards the drop zone. I''m really starting to think more than ever that our luck is going to run out this year.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]It isn''t over til the fat lady sings!!!

We are not down already, accept it. We are ''SUPPORTers'' and we NEED to do that and back the team to stay up this year.

Some people just seem happy to accept it and want any chance to have a go at Delia. Get over yourselves and support the team!![/quote]

Agree, mate.

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Ok then, you stick to constant moaning etc then and see how that helps the team.[/quote]

FFS fella,look at the table,8 wins, look at the average home gates 24,000, no matter how hard, loud and long we chant we can''t change that we are a crap team with little chance of staying up,we would all love it if we stayed up but most of us can see that the boards failings have finally caught up with the club!!!

Nobody here believed we would beat Barnsley then?

Nobody just knew that we''d have the edge if for no other reason than sentiment?

Any team can beat any other team in the Championship, our performances against Wolves are testament to that. We are more than capable of beating Burnley, but we won''t do it if the crowd are negative. Supporters make a huge difference.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]

[quote user="We Want Lappin Back"]Ok then, you stick to constant moaning etc then and see how that helps the team.[/quote]

FFS fella,look at the table,8 wins, look at the average home gates 24,000, no matter how hard, loud and long we chant we can''t change that we are a crap team with little chance of staying up,we would all love it if we stayed up but most of us can see that the boards failings have finally caught up with the club!!!

[/quote]

So we should just all give up, stop going, refuse to renew our season tickets, whine about how bad it all is, and sit miserably in the stands (if we even bother going at all), silently bemoaning how unfair it all is?

A truly admirable attitude to life, that one. You should be proud.

Personally, i''m of the opinion that a little belief amongst the fans would filter its way down to the players, and at least do even a little good. It may be in the face of overwhelming adversity, but it sure ain''t over yet.

So tell me, all those who suggest that shouting as loudly as possible will get us the wins, why hasn''t it worked too well so far? Are you all suggesting the fans in the stands aren''t shouting enough if we''ve only achieved 8 wins out of 33? I would''ve blamed the crap over-paid players on the field personally but its the fans fault it seems. And there was me thinking only Smudger blamed the fans.

I''m pretty sure the 12th man is shouting more than enough every game. The players don''t respond - Its the players fault.

I don''t know, i don''t care, and you may be right.

But sitting silently in the stands, and posting miserable messages of ''inevitable'' doom and gloom on an internet forum isn''t going to achieve much, is it now?

Christ, grow some balls and show a bit of fight, people. Our situation isn''t inevitable. How about we do our little bit as fans, eh?

Some of you don''t deserve to stay up, unfortunately.

The attitude of the fans counts. When they believe and are up for it, City generally win. See performances of the season gainst Wolves twice, Ipswich, and Barnsley. When the crowd are pensive and nervous this filters through to the players.

Everything makes a difference to a football team, not just the players and how they play. If a manager is influential enough to shape players attitudes pre-game, is public opinion to be discounted completely? Players are not as divorced from what fans think as some would have us believe, and whilst they may bluff that they don''t care, they''re human and they do. They know from the reactions they get wandering around Sainsbury''s what the people of Norwich are thinking about them, whether it''s a bloke in a replica shirt looking with concern as Matty Patty approaches the bacon counter, or someone approaching Sammy Clingan with a handshake to thank him for all he''s doing well.

Every post on here becomes part of the atmosphere of the club. It shapes opinion of those who read it, and then feeds onto whomever the reader discusses Norwich City with. It''s the beauty of such a forum, and also the curse of it, because it''s far easier to be negative than positive when the team is doing badly, and many use the forum as a form of catharsis to air their frustrations. What this does have the ability to do however though is distort the perception that the vast majority are negative and love complaining when they aren''t, they''re just venting. However, when the vast majority of posts begin with titles like "We''re doomed" or "Nothing can save us now" etc, the prophesy could seep into general acceptance and become self-fulfilling. We have more power than we realise.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

So tell me, all those who suggest that shouting as loudly as possible will get us the wins, why hasn''t it worked too well so far? Are you all suggesting the fans in the stands aren''t shouting enough if we''ve only achieved 8 wins out of 33? I would''ve blamed the crap over-paid players on the field personally but its the fans fault it seems. And there was me thinking only Smudger blamed the fans.

I''m pretty sure the 12th man is shouting more than enough every game. The players don''t respond - Its the players fault.

[/quote]

Relegation is never fun but it got close to it last season.  Colchester were dead and gone in the water in your League and we all knew it.  For a week before our home game we all endured the Ipswich pieces about how they would put us into Division One.

But we kept our only second clean sheet of the season, beat them 2-0, and completely ****** what lingering hopes they still had of the Premiership.

You may go down but you might also **** their last lingering hopes of promotion.

Always look on the bright side of life I say.[:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Paint Me Yellow"]

[/quote]

Relegation is never fun but it got close to it last season.  Colchester were dead and gone in the water in your League and we all knew it.  For a week before our home game we all endured the Ipswich pieces about how they would put us into Division One.

But we kept our only second clean sheet of the season, beat them 2-0, and completely ****** what lingering hopes they still had of the Premiership.

You may go down but you might also **** their last lingering hopes of promotion.

Always look on the bright side of life I say.[:D]

[/quote]

With all respect to Colchester Cam, we''re in a far better position than they were. (Which isn''t to disagree with what you''re saying but I''m refusing to accept any negativity because we''re still very much in the fight and will remain so if we all pull in the same direction) [;)] 

[quote user="question mark"]

But sitting silently in the stands, and posting miserable messages of ''inevitable'' doom and gloom on an internet forum isn''t going to achieve much, is it now?

Christ, grow some balls and show a bit of fight, people. Our situation isn''t inevitable. How about we do our little bit as fans, eh?

[/quote]

As I''ve already pointed out earlier we do our bit. When haven''t we? We''ve shouted, sworn, spat, coughed and busted blood vessels until we can''t anymore. Never mind blaming the fans who pay good money to watch toss every week, how about telling the players on the field to grow some balls and show some fight in return for OUR efforts? They''re the ones who REALLY make the difference to the table, and get paid handsomely for it too. Oh yeah, I forgot, its my fault as a fan for moaning alot on some piddly forum and apparently not huffing and puffing enough in the stands - thats why they''re doing so crap. There was me thinking a few grand in the back pocket every week should be an ample incentive at the very least.

[quote user="Paint Me Yellow"][quote user="question mark"]

[/quote]

As I''ve already pointed out earlier we do our bit. When haven''t we? We''ve shouted, sworn, spat, coughed and busted blood vessels until we can''t anymore. Never mind blaming the fans who pay good money to watch toss every week, how about telling the players on the field to grow some balls and show some fight in return for OUR efforts? They''re the ones who REALLY make the difference to the table, and get paid handsomely for it too. Oh yeah, I forgot, its my fault as a fan for moaning alot on some piddly forum and apparently not huffing and puffing enough in the stands - thats why they''re doing so crap. There was me thinking a few grand in the back pocket every week should be an ample incentive at the very least.

[/quote]

If it was all down to players and ability levels cup upsets would never happen and David would never beat Goliath. The fact that this happens, and regularly, is down to the underdogs ability to fight and to believe, and the fragile confidence of the bigger team.

I''m not saying that we don''t deserve better because we do. Or that the players have been good enough, because they haven''t. But to be honest I don''t care about any of that. I just want them to win a game of bloody football on Saturday. And the best way we can all achieve that is to be positive and confident and defiant on Saturday. That''s what we can all give the team. And we can point the finger and play the blame game at the end of the season, and I''ll be just behind you in the queue to do it. But now is the time to be positive.

Did i say it was your fault? Good Lord, some of you really need to learn how to read.

But no, actually, i don''t think we''ve ''shouted, sworn, spat, coughed and busted blood vessels until we can''t anymore''. I think Carrow Road has been uncharacteristically quiet this season and everyone who sits around me, in the Snakepit, thinks the same. I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of games that it''s been a truly good atmosphere this season.

And so what if that wasn''t the case? Should we all just give up and sit and be miserable because it hasn''t worked so far? Or should we show a bit of fight and passion and, and, even if we do go down, ensure that we go down in the right way?

Thank God you weren''t in charge during WWII.

What a thoroughly miserable attitude.