Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Being realistic

I have been slightly critical of a couple of the signings we have made but thinking about it, I can''t really think of anyone really classy that a) we could afford and b) want to come to Norwich.

I think we may have to look at taking someone from say Chelsea on loan for a season.

My point is, is that if I were the manager I think I would be struggling in trying to identify players that meet our criteria.

too true, and I have a horrid feeling that Primus is drifting away from us, as is Johansson and it is also ominously quite on the Helveg front......

....the tragic truth is we need a season or two in the top flight to attract class and afford it.

But we need class to stay in the top flight for a couple of seasons

Catch 22

the only hope is that the likes of Francis and co rise to the challenge and surprise us all

I am also pinning my hopes on some of our players stepping up in class. Personally (and I''ve said this before) I think Mullers and McVeigh could play a really big part for us this year if they want to. They are both very talented players, who I think will suit the less physical style of play in the PL, it''s whether they want it enough really.

I think if the players can cope with the extra quality in the PL and find some more themselves we have a fair chance of staying and if not we look like we should be a quality championship side even if we did lose a couple of players.

Ominously quiet on the Helveg front? Worthy said yesterday that he was talking to him and should know more in 48 hours. So hardly ominous is it?

But yes, I agree with the original post. I always think some people feel that we can just go and get any player under about £3m that we want. There are a list of attributes we need: position/skill, fee, wage demands, availability, attitude, and whether or not he is interested in a move to Norwich.