Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Which clubs in a higher division have we beaten in a cup since 1996?

This is pathetic.Do you know when Deehan was first mentioned as returning to the Club and people were questioning his status as a Norwich legend  I took a moment to lookup his stats. Although I was probably present at well over half his appearances what surprised me was his Cup records with us.1981/82 (Division Two) 22 league games, 10 league goals, 3 FA

Cup appearances.

1982/83 (Division One) 40 league appearances, 20 league goals,

5 FA Cup appearances, 4 Milk Cup appearances, 2 Milk Cup goals.

1983/84 (Division One) 34 league appearances, 15 league goals,

5 FA Cup appearances, 2 FA Cup goals, 4 Milk Cup appearances.

1984/85 (Division One) 40 league appearances, 13 league goals,

3 FA Cup appearances, 9 Milk Cup appearances, 5 Milk Cup goals

1985/86 (Division Two) 22 league appearances (plus 4 as sub),

4 league goals, 1 FA Cup appearance as sub, 2 Super Cup appearances.

Checkout the number of Cup appearances Dixie made for us. 17 FA Cup, 17 Milk (League) Cup and 2 Super Cup appearances in less than five years and we didn''t even notice we were doing particularly well or differently back then we were kind of used to it. What Cup appearances would our strikers notch up nowadays in five years?I really do feel sorry for the younger fans who have never been able to experience the thrill of a Cup run and remember this wasn''t our Euro team, and we didn''t even play in the top div for all these years but we sure as hell didn''t go out first match every year like we seem to nowadays.

Yeah we''ve been cr*p in cup competitions for a while now. I remember when we''d have reasonable cup runs every other year in one of the 3-4 competitions we had in the 80''s and early 90s!

But at the moment every game till the end of the season is going to be like a big cup game cause we''re in the sh*te in the League and we need wins top stay up!

Well, if we have to treat each remaining league game as a cup-tie it would seem that our goose is really cooked this time around.

Unless of course Team Gunn can break ''this pattern''.

OTBC