Sign in to follow this  
Victor Segura

Where could we of been?

Just say on that horrendous last day at Fulham we''d have stayed up where could we have been,would we of taken a similar path toWigan (7th in premier)and improved our stadium to a 35,000 seater stadium, been ambitious keeping the likes of Green,Ashton,Bentley,and going to sign players like Sidwell who was at Reading,things perhaps could of been so different or do you think we wouldn''t of invested much and followed a similar path to what we''ve taken,i know it''s hypothetical but what are your thoughts?

[quote user="Victor Segura"]

Just say on that horrendous last day at Fulham we''d have stayed up where could we have been,would we of taken a similar path toWigan (7th in premier)and improved our stadium to a 35,000 seater stadium, been ambitious keeping the likes of Green,Ashton,Bentley,and going to sign players like Sidwell who was at Reading,things perhaps could of been so different or do you think we wouldn''t of invested much and followed a similar path to what we''ve taken,i know it''s hypothetical but what are your thoughts?

[/quote]WIKIPEDIA: Norwich CIty Season 2005-6 After staying up following their 1-0 win away at Fulham courtesy of a brilliant Damien Francis solo effort, Norwich City embarked upon an astonishing run of form in the 2005-6 season courtesy of some inspirational signings by Nigel Worthington, not least in the manager''s dugout where he hired relatively unknown Avram Grant to be his #2.  By signing unproven players such as Sully Muntari, Reuben Palacios and little known local striker Chris Martin, Norwich City had laid the foundations for a successful second season.Unluckily for Worthington, he had to resign in September 2005 after being discovered in flagrante delicto with a member of the Nolan Sisters in the back of a pub car park in Blackpool while he was on club business "scouting for talent."  His replacement, the dynamic Tony Adams, lasted four games in charge during which time Norwich City scored eight goals but picked up no points as the team lost each game 3-2 in injury time.  He was fired after a pitch invasion and serial booing during the defeat against Charlton Athletic,Norwich City turned to the relatively unknown Fiona Bruce to lead them out of danger, and she duly delivered a nineteen game winning streak during which time the club beat Chelsea, Liverpool, Aston Villa (twice), Manchester City and Manchester United.  During this time Norwich conceded no goals and scored sixty-three in reply, the leading scorers being Marlon King (34), Gary Doherty (back up front with 23), and Jamie Cureton (1, deflected).  Bruce was sadly fired in January 2006 after a shock home defeat to Watford when someone in the crowd was overheard to say "I don''t think she''s right for this job, she don''t know the local area like what we do."On that basis, Neil Doncaster sacked Bruce and replaced her with the Norwich Puppet Man who knew the local area, understood the concerns of people in Norfolk, and was bloody cheap.  Norwich City lost their last thirteen games but stayed up on the last day of the season when Bryan Robson''s West Bromwich Albion lost sixteen-nil at Wigan Athletic.

Anyone want to write 2006-7?

[quote user="Victor Segura"]

[/quote]

I''ve often thought what might have happened and suspect the team wouldn''t have broken up so quickly.  Francis and Bentley may have stayed, Helveg would have carried on at right-back, Ashton and Green wouldn''t have departed within a year.  We might have found the stability to survive another year rather than rebuild the squad over and over, and been able to keep a spine in the team.

Then again, we still might not have invested, Worthy might still have lost the plot, Francis might still have gone on strike...

*** PEDANT POLICE ***Well, not really pedantic as it''s a howler."Where could we of been?"HAVE!!!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Brilliant stuff Chops, am I alone in wondering what has happened to your next pantomine piece?[/quote]You can''t hurry "art"....  [:P]To be honest, I think my next piece will be a Shakespearian tragedy written entirely in iambic pentameter.DELIA:"Friends, Canary fans, lend me your ears -I wanted nothing more than sweet successBut we have served poor fayre, and won still less And now Scunthorpe away is my real fear"Or I might have a go at "Oh Huckerby! - the musical"So much to choose from.  But it''s all just froth and show, really.  There are some fine writers on this board, yourself included, who write with passion about the club and what it means, and that''s what this board is for and when it''s best.  I''m just the jester with the funny hat who pops up to lighten the mood between tragic act 1 and 2.

Chops we (including myself) can all have a rant about things, but few of us have the ability to write such great comedy....please attend to our pleas at once, we are all in dire need of a good laugh...

Shakespeare, as long as it''s not Romeo and Juliet or Midsummer''s Night, I think Macbeth would be a good bet don''t you?

Mr Chops,

What an utterly ridiculous piece.

There is no way on earth that Fiona Bruce can be described as "relatively unknown".

I stopped reading at that point.

;o)