Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for the Academy with the Pink un Pickers.

Greetings PUPs The weeks just seem to fly by and it’s Wednesday again already so welcome to week 28 of the free bet season. This week it’s Shack Attack in charge and making the final selections. It’s fitting then that Shack is back playing for us the weekend that it’s Shack Attack to pick! We now have 100 Pups in our free bet army this season so I’m sure between us we can give Shack the ammunition to do the job.

Now don’t forget the pickers meet on Friday evening. All of you are welcome if you can get there and if you’re not sure of directions just get in touch with Lapp or myself. All Ray’s family will be there and so will Billy Dixon and Angie. So we can all raise a glass to Ray and toast to Shacks success this weekend.

I leave you as always with Ray’s signature …….

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,2,Fellas,2,P''boro,Mr Chops,NewYork, yes Norfolkchance1 £400 for the Academy,so far.

Take it away Shack, the free bet is yours....

League One Peterborough are on a bit of a roll at the moment and I fancy them to see off Yeovil

Peterborough v Yeovil - HOME WIN.

Good luck to Shack Attack.

Staying clear from Chelsea after they let me down last week, it''s off to Greece this weekAEK Athens to beat ThrasyvoulosI can''t find a more nailed on result

This week I couldn''t chose between one game in Holland and one game in Belgium. But i''ve opted for the Belguim game as I have picked the particular team twice and they have never let me down. Top of the league Standard Liege are playing third from bottom Tubeke. Standard have 46 points whilst Tubeke only have 18. Tubeke lost earlier in the season to Standard at home 1-0, so away they should have no chance.

So this week for me, it''s Standard Liege V Tubeke - Home win.

Good luck [Y]

make no mistake - charlton have been playing better without due reward of late - i sense confidence is returning and expect them to rally onto a run of some sorts - if they are to do anything they must beat plymouth - who are on a bad run themselves...its a banker bet...charlton to beat plymouth @ odds of 13/10...[:D]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

League One Peterborough are on a bit of a roll at the moment and I fancy them to see off Yeovil

Peterborough v Yeovil - HOME WIN.

Good luck to Shack Attack.

[/quote]I''m going for a reverse of this - a Yeovil Town win away from home at London Road. The Glovers have won their past three matches in a row 1-0, so are in great form and pulling away from the relegation places at a steady pace.Peterborough v Yeovil - AWAY WIN

I''m going to go all the way back to Yorkshire today for a fixture I once saw a certain Andy Bishop score a hat-trick in... against a side who''s attack was led by a certain Zema Abbey!Neither player is there any more but I''m going for:York vs Forest Green, home winGood luck Shack!

I''ve decided to brave League 2 and am going for a home win for Brentford v. Port Vale.

Brentford are W8 D5 L1 F25 A8 at home and Port Vale are W4 D2 L8 F15 A21 away.

A good recent home record v. a poor recent away one ~ Brentford should be too strong for Port Vale!

Good Luck, Shack Attack!

The Championship for me this week. Having seen both teams at Carrow Road I would put my house on a home win for Bristol city against the Saints!

Good luck Shack and I hope the new arrival is doing well!

By the way, how often have we had 2 pickers opposing one another during the same match?  I noticed there''s a head to head in Posh v. Yeovil.  We don''t see that too often....

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]By the way, how often have we had 2 pickers opposing one another during the same match?  I noticed there''s a head to head in Posh v. Yeovil.  We don''t see that too often....[/quote]

I remember once many people picked (I think it was) Chelsea to beat Hull, although Jas (again, I think) actually picked Hull to beat Chelsea. That''s the only time I remember.

I am going to continue being predictable this week and am going to back Barcelona once again, this time to put Real Betis to the sword. Barcelona are showing no sign of relenting their stranglehold on La Liga by boasting only one defeat all season, Real Betis are at the wrong end of the table in 14th and actually have a stronger away record than home record.

Real Betis v Barcelona - AWAY WIN

Afraid that living in Reading I won''t be able to make it on Friday NN, hope that you have a good evening and hopefully I will be able to join you guys for a beer in the near future. Good luck Shack....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Good luck Shack and I hope the new arrival is doing well!

[/quote]He''d doing great thanks Beau. Has put on about two and a half pounds in the first six weeks! Obviously a greedy bugger like his Daddy [;)]Cheers to everyone for their picks so far, keep them coming in. I''ll make my final choice some time on Friday evening.

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]

[quote user="newyorkcanary"]By the way, how often have we had 2 pickers opposing one another during the same match?  I noticed there''s a head to head in Posh v. Yeovil.  We don''t see that too often....[/quote]

I remember once many people picked (I think it was) Chelsea to beat Hull, although Jas (again, I think) actually picked Hull to beat Chelsea. That''s the only time I remember.

[/quote]

It''s not a regular occurrance but it does happen more than you think. I pick it up when I''m doing the stats. There was one last week where Ipswich and Swansea were both napped in the same fixture and it crossed my mind that the bookie would still have a result in hand because the game could be drawn. As it happened Swansea won[<:o)]

I''m returning to the FA Cup this week (can''t think why, it''s let me down twice this season already). Can''t see past

Watford v Chelsea - Away Win.

This has to be as nailed on as it''s possible to be.

Hope you all have a good evening on Friday, one day I''ll be able to make it!!!

Good luck Shack - it''s time for a win.

My pick of Scunthorpe was called off last week, so let''s try them again & hope the match goes ahead.

Scunthorpe v Bristol Rovers - Home Win

Good Luck Shack