Sign in to follow this  
hook norton canary

opinions??

Primus - yes/no, i think yes
Helveg - yes/no, wishful thinking but fingers crossed
Johansson - yes/no, definatly NO althogh would welcome late surprsie!!
Scowcroft - yes/no, i think he could be tempted as he used to live in the area and premiership football(i love saying that)

anyone i missed out, these are players who are seriously linked not bloody players like Carl Cort!!!!!

Yes - Primus & Helveg
Maybe - Johansson - as long as he does use up our transfer kitty, I would view him as a bonus given our current strikers.
No - Scowcroft - not good enough

OTBC

I would sign Primus but I don''t know if it will happen, he is very popular at Pompey and he seems very settled in his local community.

Helveg - would sign him up as soon as possible, I hope he is not just using us to get a better deal elsewhere.

Johanson - I think he falls into the NW "Versatile" mould, I remember him playing a lot of games for Rangers out on both flanks, he can be used in a few positions and again I would sign as long as he doesn''t use up the remainder of our money.

Scowcroft- Not a chance and it has nothing to do with him playing for the Binners but everything to do with the fact he always gets relegated with his clubs and he just isn''t very good!

I tend to agree with most of the above. Not sure about Johansson, he''s not exactly been on form the past couple of seasons. I''d rather go for one of the better 1st div players such as Harewood for around the same money, although I understand that some of the better 1st division strikers will have price tags on them that are out of our reach (e.g. Fuller).

I can''t help but feel that although some experienced players is a good thing, and players such as Helveg and Primus would be excellent by all accounts, we should also be looking to buy a couple of good younger players, who have got a few years ahead of them and who will make us stronger if we do come back down.

At the moment, if we do come back down we could find that we lose our best players (e.g. Green), loanee(s) go back, older players leave or are past it (Malky, Edworthy etc) which would leave us needing several new players to have a good go at the Championship.

Ama