Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

Credit to the board

As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!

[quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]

Wow!! What an amazing job they have done. Suppose we should all be eternally grateful to them if our great club somehow manages to scrape another season in the championship so we can repeat the whole sorry saga again next season!

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Turning down bids for our two best players is hardly ambition, just common sense.[/quote]Bump has a point, Ellis.Okay fair enough they haven''t accepted bids. But come of it, did they have a choice? Firstly, i highly doubt they were ''lucrative'' offers as such, and secondly, selling 2 of the fans favorite''s would possibly be the least intelligent thing to do anyway.

Well done to the board.............

for leading us to our lowest position in 40 years. We should all be eternally grateful.

[quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]get your tin hat on!!!!!

Ever thought that the reason we never accepted the offers for Croft and Clingan was because we would simply not have enough players (of our own) left to field?

And what about the great idea of hiring back a player we sold 6 months ago? What a good use of money that was.

Why don''t we do that with the rest of our squad - sell them off and then loan them back using the money we made from selling them in the first place. What a master stroke of an idea. Well bloody done board.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]get your tin hat on!!!!![/quote]

Seems some on here are happy that in the last 12 years we have had possibly 2 ok ish seasons and 9 fighting a religation battle, make no mistake people, these last few weeks have been nothing more than a diversary tactics, The Board don''t deserve any Credit at all, they have made mistake after mistake. Don''t be fooled by the smoke screen. THE BOARD HAS TO GO        

Yes Ellis, credit to the board. They really dug deep in this window in an effort to keep us out of the 3rd tier of english football didn''t they. Not only did they get us a manager with tonnes of experience and a proven track record at this level, but they certainly didn''t sell one of the few players we did actually own to a team in our league, just to finance a few more loans and buy a bag of peanuts to give to a non league team. It''s a good job they didn''t do that either, because if they did, and we did somehow manage to stay up we would have to get a whole load of new loans in next season, they would take ages to gel, or perhaps not gel, and we''d be in the same situation next year. Thank god thats not the case and we are sat here today giving credit to the board for such a fantastic job in the window, otherwise we''d be on the brink of the relegation zone having played more games than the teams below us and without a win in 4. So here''s to the board Ellis! Idiot.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Yes Ellis, credit to the board. They really dug deep in this window in an effort to keep us out of the 3rd tier of english football didn''t they. Not only did they get us a manager with tonnes of experience and a proven track record at this level, but they certainly didn''t sell one of the few players we did actually own to a team in our league, just to finance a few more loans and buy a bag of peanuts to give to a non league team. It''s a good job they didn''t do that either, because if they did, and we did somehow manage to stay up we would have to get a whole load of new loans in next season, they would take ages to gel, or perhaps not gel, and we''d be in the same situation next year. Thank god thats not the case and we are sat here today giving credit to the board for such a fantastic job in the window, otherwise we''d be on the brink of the relegation zone having played more games than the teams below us and without a win in 4. So here''s to the board Ellis! Idiot.[/quote]

lol..

[/quote]

Ellis.

Didn''t you say the same thing last year?

And now we''re what? 20th?

[:S]

OTBC

Are we talking about the same ambitious board that when we got to the Prem brought in Doherty as our striker until the January when we got Ashton and got relegated for the sake of winning one more game. That''s real ambition for you!!!!!!!!!! NOT

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST 

I love the way i sent Neil Doncaster an email, and he replied in about an hour, really good for him to do that, he could ignore them all

good shout Ellis!!

And while we''re at it let''s give credit to the Captain of the Titanic?He sailed his lifeboat so well I''m sure we can all overlook thesmall and relatively minor matter of him smacking his ship into a bloody great iceberg and causing it to sink in the first place can''t we?

[/quote]

Yeah is that Norwich? How about if I up my bid to a tenner and throw in our kitman?

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

[/quote]

Yeah is that Norwich? How about if I up my bid to a tenner and throw in our kitman?

[/quote]

Seems like you are on your own with your complements for the board Ellis 206, now Don''t you feel just a little bit silly 

[/quote]

I am actually fuming reading this. They signed one player with no proffesional experience. Please think before you post. [:D]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]I am actually fuming reading this. They signed one player with no proffesional experience. Please think before you post. [:D][/quote]Try calming down and read it again. Ellis didn''t mention who we had or hadn''t signed, He simply pointed out that we didn''t sell two of our star players which we would have been forced to do if we were facing administration!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TheCanaryFan"][quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]I am actually fuming reading this. They signed one player with no proffesional experience. Please think before you post. [:D][/quote]Try calming down and read it again. Ellis didn''t mention who we had or hadn''t signed, He simply pointed out that we didn''t sell two of our star players which we would have been forced to do if we were facing administration![/quote]

Won''t flog the ''half-decent'' when there are season tickets to be sold......Come May though? [:|]

[quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!![/quote]x2

[quote user="IBA"][quote user="ellis206"]As the board seem to come under a lot of stick on this message board, I think they deserve praise for their dealings in the January Transfer window, despite many people on here claiming that we are on the brink of administration, and how our board lack ambition, I think it speaks volumes that we turned down bids for Crofty (Who could potentially go for free now) and point blank rejected an approach from Fulham for Sammy Clingan. So well done Delia and the board for showing ambition and hurry up and get Croftys contract signed!!
[/quote]

x2
[/quote]

x2 brainwashed......

Thank you Lappinitup, I think everyone just read the first line then decided to abuse me without actually reading my post haha. And to the fool who thinks that selling Shackell for a million (easy money) then loaning him back probably for a pittance is bad business, then I''d love to see him on the apprentice as that would be comedy tv.I think I have probably hit a nerve due to everyone on here saying we''re on the brink of administration, when we are clearly not, otherwise Crofty and Clingan would have been sold, that is a fact.

the greatest tragedy of all is that Ellis actually believes he''s correct. yes fantastic Ellis, we actually didn''t sell 2 players, hip hip hooray, we really do owe all of our success and our current position to the magnificent support that the current Board have given us.

[quote user="ellis206"]Thank you Lappinitup, I think everyone just read the first line then decided to abuse me without actually reading my post haha.
And to the fool who thinks that selling Shackell for a million (easy money) then loaning him back probably for a pittance is bad business, then I''d love to see him on the apprentice as that would be comedy tv.
I think I have probably hit a nerve due to everyone on here saying we''re on the brink of administration, when we are clearly not, otherwise Crofty and Clingan would have been sold, that is a fact.
[/quote]

no I think you probably hit your head against something and dislodged a brain cell.

So Ellis.If not selling good players is good business can you agree with me that selling Bell must have been bad business then?As our leading goal assist provider there''s no doubt he was a valuable player to us. He had 2 1/2 years of a 3 year contract left, he was being unsettled by Coventry whilst Roeder was here and we could easily have taken action against Coventry in the circumstances.  So we sold one of our best players at the very earliest opportunity, probably for little or no profit certainly nothing substantial was re-invested in the team.Davis Bell: Good business or bad business?Your pro Board argument clearly points to this being deemed bad business yet you omit this vital fact from your litttle transfer window summary.You need to remove the blinkers and look at the bigger picture son.Not selling Croft or Clingan is in no way proof we are not in financial trouble, I''d very much enjoy reading your explanation of how you think it might be though.

While we are at it, lets give credit to the Labour Government! Nevermind the fact we are in "deep recession", at least we didn''t have to sell Buckingham Palace. Well done lads. Great job.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]While we are at it, lets give credit to the Labour Government! Nevermind the fact we are in "deep recession", at least we didn''t have to sell Buckingham Palace. Well done lads. Great job.[/quote]Come on Mr. Brownstone how can you possibly say we are in ''deep recession'' , surely not selling Buckingham Palace is proof that we''re not?[:D]

[quote]And to the fool who thinks that selling Shackell for a million (easy money) then loaning him back probably for a pittance is bad business, then I''d love to see him on the apprentice as that would be comedy tv.[/quote]

I think you''re talking about me.

It is bad business. Eventually that money runs out whilst loaning him and he returns to Wolves. We have no player or cash left to show for it. Where''s the good bit of business there?

Like I said, if its such a great plan why don''t we sell our whole squad and loan them back again?

[/quote]

Points for bravery to be fair!

I think the credit really goes to the two players on this one as had they wanted to move they could simply have made themselves awkward like Bell and engineered the move regardless of the clubs wishes.

However, in response to the argument that the board are responsible for our loan policy, I think we have to look at our managers as the source for this. Worthington, Grant, Roeder and now Gunn have all looked at the loan market as the crux of our recruitment policy and have advised the board accordingly. Hopefully Gunny is only doing this as a short-term measure in order to get through to the summer and reassess, but either way, it''s the manager that makes recommendations to the board, not some dastardly gang of scrooge-like directors putting the thumbscrews to a series of downtrodden managers that they can''t have any permanent signings, no matter how much more satisfying it is for those with a more dramatic bent to believe this fiction.

Most posters know how much I despise the board, however, in getting shot of Ratty and his team, signing a new backroom brigade, plus the odd loan signing coming in, I will say, that was a positive slant on their otherwise negative stewardship.

In that respect, ellis has a point.