Crosses: 39

Goals: 4
Shots on goal: 14
Shots/goal: 3.50
Minutes per goal: 371mins
Avg goals/game: 0.16
Pens taken/scored: 0/0
Last goal: 771mins

And he did play as a striker for most of the season, so his stats aren''t too impereesive.

why another striker when we need a right midfielder, a central midfielder and a central defender?

Unless worthy is planning to go 4-3-3 with a midfield of Safri, Holt and Francis just in front of the defence and 40 yards between strikers and midfield, with Hux, Leon and ANOther/Sven up front?

otbc

If we can get Harewood
I would chose Johnansson over Crouch
for 750k, i belive it would be a great signing, a target man which city need.

Johansson would be an excellent acquisition at 750k - again, a full international with an excellent record for his country, who has 2 or 3 years top flight experience (and at the club we have publicly stated we are trying to emulate).

Strikes me from some of the reactions to this rumour that some people won''t be happy with who we sign unless it''s Henry, Vieira, Rooney, Campbell, Beckham, Roberto Carlos etc etc.

What exactly do you want fro 750k?

Bentley can play right midfield, Helveg (if we sign him) can aswell.

IMO and in order of importance we need one more central defender, one more striker (I would like to sign Ashton from Crewe) and a player who can play right back or right mid.

If we cover these positions well then I will be confident of having a good season.

Templeton - I agree that Johansson would be a good addition to the squad - my issue is more around we do have a limited budget, I feel our current strikers can do a good job for us and that we have more pressing needs in other positions to use that £750k on...

However if we can get him and Helveg with maybe primus too then I will be one exstatic canary fan! No more mention of scowcroft thank god!

OTBC

Yep, I''m with you ZLF, my point wasn''t really aimed at the kind of comments you make, more those who expect more. I agree, given our limited funds 750k might be a little steep, but I think he may just be worth it. Would rather see Primus arrive first though, along with Helveg....

ZLF..... Do you realy think we need a Central Midfielder?

We already have four competing for two places, surely Wide midfielders and central/wide defenders are required? IE Helveg + 1more

I agree with the view that we need a wide right player (an unproven 19 year old loanee and a 19 year old striker looking out of position in Div 1 aint good enough) and another central defender is needed - we still have no pace in the middle.

However while we have a lot of central midfielders they are all of the same type - ie hard working gut busting ball winners. I have long held the view that a partnership of Leon & Hux with a passing midfielder (Mullers may be able to do this but isnt consistent enough in Div 1) would create havoc with most premiership defences - a modern day Ian Crook would be awesome. A creative midfielder gives us more options to turn games around and unlock some of the more stubborn premier defences.

With support from Jarvis/Bentley/Svensson/Abbey I do think we have a variety of attacking options that means, given a limited budget, we would be better buying a creative central midfielder rather than a further striker.

Which is my priority? Central defence (Primus), then wide right (Helveg?), then creative play maker (?Parlour/Joe Cole/ideas - cant think of many!). In my Roman Ambramovich world I woul obviously want all three AND Johannsen and still keep the club financially secure!

OTBC

They''re not all hard working gut busting ball winners - Mulryne isn''t, and Francis creates and scores quite a lot too, but I agree we need a proper right winger, not a striker playing out of position. A Rivers-type player who *can* be arsed would be good.

Ama.

Ama - I did mention Mulryne but his inconsisntency at Div 1 level suggests that he wont be able to deliver frequently enough at prem level for us to rely on him - as a poster elsehwere have mentioned both Mullers and WLY could deliver something different for us if they decide to put in 38 appearances for us next season - however both are hugely inconsistent. Hence my desire for a creative midfielder.

OTBC