Sign in to follow this  
Erik the Viking

FAO: CAM!!!!!!!!

Cam,

Have posted this on another post, but you being a journo just wondered why this has never happened if you are aware of Delias interview with Simon Mayo . Any feedback would be appreciated!

I would ask her about the Simon Mayo interview on national Radio 5  and her  quote "if we turned away £20 million of investment away the fans would never forgive me!?"

And why have the local press Radio Narfolk/ Archant ever taken her to task on this???????????????????????

Because according to the club, no offer was ever made for Delia''s shares - despite the fact that they felt the need to issue a statement saying that negotiations with Cullum had broken down.

I know that pointing out facts is frowned upon but he didn''t offer £20m of investment. He offered £20m in return for a controlling interest of a club owned by other people. As much as Cullum said he didn''t want to just give his £20m to be governed by the board, neither did they want their investment of over a decade to be put into the hands of someone who wasn''t financially tied to the club in the long term.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

I know that pointing out facts is frowned upon but he didn''t offer £20m of investment. He offered £20m in return for a controlling interest of a club owned by other people. As much as Cullum said he didn''t want to just give his £20m to be governed by the board, neither did they want their investment of over a decade to be put into the hands of someone who wasn''t financially tied to the club in the long term.

[/quote]

So you can truly say you know what went on with the situation Canary02III??? No of course you cant it is all speculationa and high time the truth came out once and for all with Archant/Radio Norfolk conducting some investigative journalism!

[quote user="Gazza"]

Cam,

Have posted this on another post, but you being a journo just wondered why this has never happened if you are aware of Delias interview with Simon Mayo . Any feedback would be appreciated!

I would ask her about the Simon Mayo interview on national Radio 5  and her  quote "if we turned away £20 million of investment away the fans would never forgive me!?"

And why have the local press Radio Narfolk/ Archant ever taken her to task on this???????????????????????

[/quote]

Firstly I apologise for late response.  I missed your post last night but someone has drawn my attention to it.

The short answer is that I can''t answer the question and Archant will have to speak for themselves if they choose to do so.

From both sides of the Cullum-Norwich City saga there are very many unanswered questions and ambigious answers.

What I can say is that BOTH were offered the opportunity many weeks ago to be interviewed on the on the Norwich City situation (before the GR exit) for a middle market Sunday newspaper.  BOTH declined to be interviewed.

I can assure you that if those interviews had gone ahead BOTH would have been asked questions that have been raised about BOTH many times on this board.

It occurred to me the other day that the link they have is cats.  Like me, Delia is a cat lover and PC is somewhat like the Cheshire Cat which smiled and then disappeared as quickly as it turned up...........

All round, a bit Alice in Wonderland in fact.

...and for someone who has done less for NCFC than the average fan (has he ever paid for a season ticket?) he does not half get a lot of press around here.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Gazza"]

Cam,

[/quote]

Firstly I apologise for late response.  I missed your post last night but someone has drawn my attention to it.

The short answer is that I can''t answer the question and Archant will have to speak for themselves if they choose to do so.

From both sides of the Cullum-Norwich City saga there are very many unanswered questions and ambigious answers.

What I can say is that BOTH were offered the opportunity many weeks ago to be interviewed on the on the Norwich City situation (before the GR exit) for a middle market Sunday newspaper.  BOTH declined to be interviewed.

I can assure you that if those interviews had gone ahead BOTH would have been asked questions that have been raised about BOTH many times on this board.

It occurred to me the other day that the link they have is cats.  Like me, Delia is a cat lover and PC is somewhat like the Cheshire Cat which smiled and then disappeared as quickly as it turned up...........

All round, a bit Alice in Wonderland in fact.

[/quote]

Thanks Cam, I find it interesting that both declined the opportunity.

In my eyes it should be Radio Norfolks/Archants responsibility to once and for all get some REAL answers from all parties concerned instead of speculation and surely with the clubs present position these questions are more relavent than ever. There is too much lets all stay politically correct with the club from the local media when serious issues need answering, they have the power to get some answers and are very much playing a part in our downfall.... 

Why no interviews.I can possibly explain this, by not explaining it! During Cullumgate

last year there was talk about whether or not there was a

confidentiality agreement between the two parties. Various posters said

as a matter of fact there was, but when pressed for evidence admitted

they''d simply made an assumption. No-one provided any proof.

I didn''t initially get involved because it was hardly a key issue in

the whole affair. However eventually, having seen yet another post

assuming there was such an agreement, I did what I''d done with the

important bits of Cullumgate and took the trouble to find out what the

truth was.

One email to someone official on one side or other on the basis that I

would not reveal the answer. A reply straight away in strict confidence

(yes, the irony - a confidential reply about a confidentiality

clause) telling me all I needed to know, and confirming what I by then

believed to be the case. So I could tell you, but then I''d have to kill

you all...

What I think I can say, without hinting either way, is that the

position is perhaps not as entirely straightforward as a simple "Yes,

there is" or "No, there isn''t".

However what is undeniably true is that, confidentiality clause or no

confidentiality clause, there was no excuse at all for the supine

coverage coming out of Archant Towers. If there was no such clause then

there was nothing to stop the journalists doing their job, and if there

was such a clause that should have been seen as an obstacle to be

overcome.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

One email to someone official on one side or other on the basis that I would not reveal the answer. A reply straight away in strict confidence (yes, the irony - a confidential reply about a confidentiality clause) telling me all I needed to know, and confirming what I by then believed to be the case. So I could tell you, but then I''d have to kill you all...

[/quote]

Surely you could tell us, but then you''re have to kill yourself?

[quote user="Bobzilla"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]One email to someone official on one side or other on the basis that I would not reveal the answer. A reply straight away in strict confidence (yes, the irony - a confidential reply about a confidentiality clause) telling me all I needed to know, and confirming what I by then believed to be the case. So I could tell you, but then I''d have to kill you all...[/quote]

Surely you could tell us, but then you''re have to kill yourself?

[/quote]Which I feel strangely reluctant to do!