Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

PROTEST is essential

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="seat124"]

spot on first wizard.

this woman and her yes men have f****d this club up more than chase could ever have imagined. It scares me so much to see that the so called majority of the fans are still happy with the mess that we are now in. Trouble is, i know to my cost that voicing your opinnion in the lower barclay leads to the usual "where would we be without her etc etc". My guess is, a dam sight better off, but then gain that is my opinnion. I just can''t be bothered any more to voice any anti board shouts. There are to many delia lovers and hangers on.

[/quote]Total and utter drivel[/quote]This is total drivel because it is a straw dog argument. The evidence for the majority of the fans being happy with the situation is what? Who are these Delia lovers and hangers on? Not many I''ve heard, some realists, who are waiting for someone with some cash to take over from a board that have screwed up but have done what they''ve done with the best intentions.. I don''t believe the board aren''t willing to sell but I don''t think they want to give the club away, nor should they. The club is in a pretty bad way, but so are many clubs that have been big/in the premiership recently. That''s no excuse, but someone has to be performing worse than other clubs. Just because we get 24K in Carrow rd means bugger all these days, it''s a financial drop in the ocean. You argument is based on nothing more than a childish annoyance that we''re not doing well. Fact is we''re all pissed off about that.

All this talk about Delia shafting the club etc and not one person has posted one piece of evidence to back this up.

Just a bunch of children throwing the toys out of the pram because she hasn''t got multi millions to put into the club.

The only thing she is guilty of is running out of money to plough into the bottomless pit which is modern football

[quote user="jbghost"]

All this talk about Delia shafting the club etc and not one person has posted one piece of evidence to back this up.

Just a bunch of children throwing the toys out of the pram because she hasn''t got multi millions to put into the club.

The only thing she is guilty of is running out of money to plough into the bottomless pit which is modern football

[/quote]I don''t know about the Kids bit but the last sentence is true IMO.i guess me having a kitchen full of Delia''s Cookbooks hasnt helped like i thought it would[:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]Delia reportedly sat with the crowd for today''s match - doesnt this show at how out of touch she is with the fans?[/quote]The fans who follow City away from home are some of the most passionate around. Many of them have probably been following the team round the country since before you were born. If Delia feels happy sitting amongst the away fans I would suggest that what has been said on here tonight is maybe not representative of Norwich fans views overall.[/quote]

I think you are likely to be right on that point Shack Attack, at least as far as the significant contingent of us who follow City away...I''ve seen a few losses away this season, but haven''t heard the booing that all too easily has been issued forth from many at Carrow Road when fortune has deserted us. Has Delia, to anyone''s knowledge, ever taken a seat outside the ''VIP'' area at CR to guage customer feelings first hand...Do you think she would feel unsafe doing so?  ...or would it really be unsafe for her to do so?

[/quote]Of course it wouldn''t be unsafe for her to do so, when all''s said and done she''s an elderly woman and anyone laying hands on her or threatening her would hopefully get a damn good kicking.  Unless of course the person attacking her was an even older woman... then what would happen?However I would hope she would receive a few blunt comments about the state of the club and her role in its downfall.[/quote]

Chase was an elderly man, but it didn''t stop fans giving him a hard time. And exactly who has advocated harming Smith on a physical level Chops?..............but you still threaten violence with violence.

If all else fails we can always beat up nurses![:|]

[/quote]Depends what you call elderly Wiz old bean. I would say back then he can''t have been as old as Delia is now - not that this is really essential to any argument. People that try to make links in character between the two are trying to dig for justifications to how they feel. The problem is they want something or someone to vent their frustrations at - Delia is an easy target even though she is only one of the TWO joint majority share holders.I don''t think there is a fan of Norwich City FC that is not concerned about our current league position not least because relegation could mean a lot more than simply dropping down a league.Those that get criticised on here are often those that point out that the only thing the majority share holders have failed to do is stump up the cash to be competative in the top half of the table on a consistant basis in the last four seasons. The thing is it''s not really morally acceptable to "lynch" someone or in this case two people for not doing something that is quite possibly now beyond their means.Yes maybe they did trust two managers too much but then isn''t that why O''Neill left and we protested?And again it is the same people that insult the people that don''t defend the board but merely defend principles of not laying blame to people that do their best, that also suggest that maybe relegation would be a good thing or would relegation really be that bad.Let me make this clear - YES IT WOULD BE VERY BAD. Infact in my opinion there would be nothing good about it what-so-ever. I say that because the reality would be it would be down to us fans to support the club and hold them up. Sure you have Cullum but can we relly on that? Can we trust him? If he cares why not January? Why not give an interest free loan to the club to show his support and intent? Why wait untill we are down and out before trying to put the pieces back together again? The only logical answer is that he could buy us cheap, "save" us and become our new "saint" - infact some people are even saying he could be.Personaly if he does do that I will hold him to blame as much as anyone else because it will just highlight him as a cold hearted mercenary. I hope for the best but also fear for the worse. I can''t help it but that is where we are at. Any protest must be held off until the summer at which point protest all you like because it may be the last chance you get . . . . .

childish annoyance that we are not doing well, my a**e. It that the best you can come up with?It is the incessant spending on off the field "assets" which has led to the demise on the playing side, plus the fact that even with capacity gates, premiership money and parachute payments, this once great club (not little old norwich), has been plunged into a hole we will take a long time to dig ourselves out of. Who has put us there?

maybe, I should agree with everything you say and then we will all be happy?

[quote user="seat124"]

childish annoyance that we are not doing well, my a**e. It that the best you can come up with?It is the incessant spending on off the field "assets" which has led to the demise on the playing side, plus the fact that even with capacity gates, premiership money and parachute payments, this once great club (not little old norwich), has been plunged into a hole we will take a long time to dig ourselves out of. Who has put us there?

maybe, I should agree with everything you say and then we will all be happy?

[/quote]Who has put us there? The board have played their part but crap managers, underperforming players on over inflated wages and the lack of a multibillionaire for an owner have put us, Southampton, Watford and Charlton there.They all got sh*t selfish boards all out for nothing but their own gain have they? The off the field assets were mean''t to give us long term financial stability, what else were they for? frankly I could give a toss whether you agree with me or not, you''re too busy throwing your toys put of the pram to get a grip on reality.

Once again an imflammatory opinion has turned into a slanging match.

Personally, I have the opinion that protests now will achieve nothing constructive in terms of keeping City up.

Staying away in the summer and refusing to renew would be the most effective method of getting the message across that you don''t like what you see - in the same way we should choose not to reply to the original poster of this thread.

Now the windows are closed, the ONLY way we can influence how many points we stay up by is by recreating the atmosphere at Carra Rud we had for the Wolves, Scum and Barnsley games and taking as many as we can for the away games too.

Protest is not essential - your support is.