Sign in to follow this  
Hooleyfan

Serious PR or just part of the caring family oriented board

Just back from Preston...other things about today I''ll post elsewhere but Delia was amongst us today...photo calls, signatures, hugs and smiles all round and she took her seat I believe towards the back of another great turn out from City fans.

As we left the ground, there was Roger Munby reaching for our hands to shake and thanking us for our support. On the face of it, nice gestures eh?

...but I couldn''t help thinking whether this was all a bit desperate. I''ve been to the majority of away games this season and although I''ve seen Delia sitting in her priviliged guest spot most of the time, this is the first time I''ve seen her amongst us, since last game of the Premiership campaign at Fulham. And as for Roger Munby, well that''s a first for me...

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

Just back from Preston...other things about today I''ll post elsewhere but Delia was amongst us today...photo calls, signatures, hugs and smiles all round and she took her seat I believe towards the back of another great turn out from City fans.

As we left the ground, there was Roger Munby reaching for our hands to shake and thanking us for our support. On the face of it, nice gestures eh?

...but I couldn''t help thinking whether this was all a bit desperate. I''ve been to the majority of away games this season and although I''ve seen Delia sitting in her priviliged guest spot most of the time, this is the first time I''ve seen her amongst us, since last game of the Premiership campaign at Fulham. And as for Roger Munby, well that''s a first for me...

[/quote]

What a sorry tale and just goes to show how much some people are consumed by the world of a Z list celebrity, very sad!

So no-one took her to task on the way she has overseen the downfall of our club?????

[quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

What a sorry tale and just goes to show how much some people are consumed by the world of a Z list celebrity, very sad!

So no-one took her to task on the way she has overseen the downfall of our club?????

[/quote]cos our away support is filled with sit down kids and old people.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hopefully, those that sat close to her towards the back can answer that one...I suspect that Munby was possibly in with the crowd as well...unless he hot footed it from the Executive lounge 5 mins before the end of the game. To be honest I always wish I had the presence of mind to say the things that I think of 5 minutes after a golden opportunity has presented itself, and after being left feeling empty by the experience this afternoon, I was more interested in getting back to the car and saving my energy for the long haul home...next time eh?

[quote user="hellococker"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

cos our away support is filled with sit down kids and old people.
[/quote]

Were you there today hellococker? ...serious question!

At Carrow road next season he will be able to shake hands with all the 12,000 home fans as they leave the ground, thanking them for their support after a brave 0-0 draw with Carlisle.

jas :)

[quote user="hellococker"][quote user="Gazza"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

cos our away support is filled with sit down kids and old people.
[/quote]

i haven''t been away in 4 years, but i can tell you now that you are talking pony!

I wasn''t there yesterday, but have seen Delia at away games in the stands and seen Roger Munby standing outside the away fans exit on several occasions. So, yes Hooleyfan, on the face of it they are nice gestures.

Thing is though, they need to get back to the boardroom and sort out this mess. Starting with a criteria for survival firstly, then supposing we do survive, some real concrete business plans for not only sustaining our position in this league, but to go on and compete. The past few seasons we have been fighting not only relegation but off pitch turmoil with the succession of several managers, without addressing the fundamental problem. We could have Alex Ferguson here and he could do no more than Mr Gunn with the resources available. The board have wasted opportunities and we are now paying for that.

I don''t doubt the boards'' passion for the club, but I do doubt their credibility and their real ability to take us anywhere but the third division.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Whatever you think about those that run our club they never hide. From my experience Delia sits in the stands more often than not. And Munby is outside the grounds after the game more often than not. You will also see Munby if things go wrong, like standing in the outside Kenilworth Road in the rain on a cold Tuesday night waiting for them to get their electrics to work. It''s PR but it happens.

And I can assure you plenty of people give them a hard time. Some brave warrirors just shout 4 letter words as they walk past but others to engage them in heated discussions about where it''s all gone wrong.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

At Carrow road next season he will be able to shake hands with all the 12,000 home fans as they leave the ground, thanking them for their support after a brave 0-0 draw with Carlisle.

[/quote]

To be fair, my money would be on Carlisle nicking a 89th minute winner...[;)]

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

Signatures and photo calls?  Don''t know whether I feel proud or depressed at our supporters for that. [8-)]

If we carry on at this rate, in a few years time they will most probably be able to shake all the supporters hands after a home game with five minutes and be on first name terms with all of them!

[quote user="Reg Presley"]Seen Delia in the crowd a few times. She was in crowd at Preston for the two own goals debacle, and sat directly in front of me at Scum last season. Munby often gets the job of glad handing outside, although Michael has done it too. I wouldn''t shake Munby''s hand yesterday which he didn''t like apparently.
[/quote]

I heard he was devastated. Wouldn''t talk about anything else all evening apparently.

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]

[/quote]

And no doubt all the happy clappy norwich fans lapped it up. Pathetic. [:$]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

lol - is not going to happen  e at least 20,000 no matter what!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]I wasn''t there yesterday, but have seen Delia at away games in the stands and seen Roger Munby standing outside the away fans exit on several occasions. So, yes Hooleyfan, on the face of it they are nice gestures. Thing is though, they need to get back to the boardroom and sort out this mess. Starting with a criteria for survival firstly, then supposing we do survive, some real concrete business plans for not only sustaining our position in this league, but to go on and compete. The past few seasons we have been fighting not only relegation but off pitch turmoil with the succession of several managers, without addressing the fundamental problem. We could have Alex Ferguson here and he could do no more than Mr Gunn with the resources available. The board have wasted opportunities and we are now paying for that. I don''t doubt the boards'' passion for the club, but I do doubt their credibility and their real ability to take us anywhere but the third division.[/quote]

A good post as usual [Y]

[quote user="JohnoBono"]If we carry on at this rate, in a few years time they will most probably be able to shake all the supporters hands after a home game with five minutes and be on first name terms with all of them![/quote]

Made me laugh [:)]

She goes to every away game. At watford away this season she was with us at the back. Also against the scum last season she was 4 rows in front!Delia is a beast and we are very lucky to have her