Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana (All Grown Up)

Peter Grant Started this!

Norwich City get 24k+ a game adn we have an £8.5M wage budget so surley if we cant pay for it we must be doing something wrong. I play golf with a friend of Simon Lappin and he was told that he is on 8k a week! Now for a player like clingan thats just about the top limit as he players   every week and is one of our better players, but lappin on 8k a week is OTT!! in a year norwich splash out nearly half a million on lappin and this was because of Grant! I was also told that Fozzy is on about the same amount as him so there are 2 players that were both signed by peter grant that are not very popular i the team and we spend just under £1m a YEAR  for their services!!!

The board started it,and they have finished the club.Grant was just one of numerous mistakes by Delia and co,and they are the reason we are in trouble now!!

This all started when we got promoted and Delia made it clear that "little old norwich" were just up there for some nice big days out in the big league. Since the start of that season it has been error, after error and now we are in a position where there is basically nothing we can do about it. Cullum last summer was our last chance. We spurned it and now we are suffering the consequences.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]The board started it,and they have finished the club.Grant was just one of numerous mistakes by Delia and co,and they are the reason we are in trouble now!![/quote]

Yes the only people to blame for our downfall is the Board.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]The board started it,and they have finished the club.Grant was just one of numerous mistakes by Delia and co,and they are the reason we are in trouble now!![/quote]

100% exactly Phat.........ever since Smith sacked Waker in favour of her last dream/nightmare team, Agent Hammy and Rioch, its been buggered up everytime.

One common denominator...................Smith!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

100% exactly Phat.........ever since Smith sacked Waker in favour of her last dream/nightmare team, Agent Hammy and Rioch, its been buggered up everytime.

[/quote]

No Wiz the common denominator is The BOARD. Of which Smith is one and JOINT majority shareholder.

Why does everone pillory her and not her husband as he holds as many shares.

If we are going to burn effegies lets make it PC [;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

No Wiz the common denominator is The BOARD. Of which Smith is one and JOINT majority shareholder.

Why does everone pillory her and not her husband as he holds as many shares.

If we are going to burn effegies lets make it PC [;)]

[/quote]

Ok Butler, no problems for me there, Smith and Jones.........the clubs dictators...........yeah, that sits easy with me!

[quote user="ridgeman"]Whilst the board are the main culprits the Chief Exec is responsible for the hands on day to day running of this club and that is where are problem lies. I think the quote when Holman left was that this club would not move forward whilst Doncaster was there.[/quote]

Holman shouldn''t be throwing stones unless his house is well and truly treble-glazed methinks...

[quote user="Jim Smith"]This all started when we got promoted and Delia made it clear that "little old norwich" were just up there for some nice big days out in the big league. Since the start of that season it has been error, after error and now we are in a position where there is basically nothing we can do about it. Cullum last summer was our last chance. We spurned it and now we are suffering the consequences.[/quote]

Correct!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]This all started when we got promoted and Delia made it clear that "little old norwich" were just up there for some nice big days out in the big league. Since the start of that season it has been error, after error and now we are in a position where there is basically nothing we can do about it. Cullum last summer was our last chance. We spurned it and now we are suffering the consequences.[/quote]

Correct!

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

If Lappin was on 8k a week surely he would have been off loaded for a fiver long before now just to do away with his annual salary .

[/quote]

He may have wanted to see his contract out to get the best wages possible

Thats All[:^)]

100% agree Phat..

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

100% agree Phat..

[/quote]

exactly....The board hired him and the board should take suffer the coniquenses....I can''t help but feel the same thing is happening all over again with gunn?!

No way is Lappin on £8k a week. As someone has already stated, were that the case, he''d have been given away or had his contract terminated ages ago.

I''m sure there was a rumour about Chris Llwelleyn (I can never spell his bloody name) being on £20k a week

[quote user="one 4 the future"]

If Lappin was on 8k a week surely he would have been off loaded for a fiver long before now just to do away with his annual salary .

[/quote]Only if 1. Someone was prepared to pay a fiver2. Lappin was prepared to accept lower wages. If you were going to be made  a millionaire over three years would you be happy to sit in the reserves?