Sign in to follow this  
jim blair

Dont make me laugh Fotheringham

No Lincoln not harsh at all..i have said all along 41 yers of support will not be 42 if this ridgeons league player (at best ) is given another contract by the club. he has done nothing at all this season to make me change my mind, although i fear the worst as Gunny seems to rate him and nobody else (other than maybe Wroxham or Lowestoft ) will want him

[quote user="jim blair"]

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~1558568,00.html 

You havent got a clue..you will go down as our worst ever captain, and by the way, hurry up and sort out your contract because my season ticket renewel depends on  you being told goodbye or not !

[/quote]

You need to relax mate. Take your bitterness out on the rest of the team too, they''re all playing woefully. Hating someone this much can''t be good for you.

[quote user="jim blair"]

No Lincoln not harsh at all..i have said all along 41 yers of support will not be 42 if this ridgeons league player (at best ) is given another contract by the club. he has done nothing at all this season to make me change my mind, although i fear the worst as Gunny seems to rate him and nobody else (other than maybe Wroxham or Lowestoft ) will want him

[/quote]

Do you mind Jim, Lowestoft has a good team and they don''t don''t want that fool down here.[:S]

[quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

3 managers rate him. They all made him captain.

[quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]There''s your first error JBThinking that you know better than men in professional football. Are you saying that you know better than Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder, Bryan Gunn etc? And whoever bought him at Celtic and the other clubs he''s been at.You may not like PG or GR but they ply there trade in professional football, they may have been poor City managers but that doesnt mean that they dont know what there talking about.All have picked Fozzy because they recognise his strengths, and not focus on his weaknesses. Why? because they know what there going to get from him, he''s there to do a job, and they have others to do the things that Fozzy cant.If you saw him v Bristol in the 2nd half you cannot deny he played very well. You also cant deny that the 13 match unbeaten run started with his return to the side last season.Fozzy''s not the greatest player we have, but he does a simple job well. He has been off form this season, but so has everyone else, the roeder effect i think.Why dont you lay off him and start supporting the players for a change. What do you really want? Our players arent ever gonna be Ronaldo''s are they, so why not just recognise there strengths and when they play well rather than having a go all the time.

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]lol lets all bash fozzy when there are players who are just as bad or worse[/quote]The guy is bashing Fozzy, are you going to leave again now because of the Fozzy bashers?

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="jim blair"]

You havent got a clue..you will go down as our worst ever captain, and by the way, hurry up and sort out your contract because my season ticket renewel depends on  you being told goodbye or not !

[/quote]

You need to relax mate. Take your bitterness out on the rest of the team too, they''re all playing woefully. Hating someone this much can''t be good for you.

[/quote] dont hate him at all. just fail to see what he brings to the team, said at the start of the season any club with this imposter in the team would be relegation fodder and although i take no pleasure from it i look to be correct.Cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot,  creates nothing for the strikers in front of him. makes it tough for the back four because he continousley shirks his responsabilitys  by returning the ball to them.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Ginger Pele"]lol lets all bash fozzy when there are players who are just as bad or worse[/quote]
The guy is bashing Fozzy, are you going to leave again now because of the Fozzy bashers?
[/quote]

nah i pastn the anger stage, i just find it pathetic really, we a re a football club, with good players, some better than others, a board who love the club, but may not be the best thing for us at the moment, and all the majority of fans can do is maon about the players (really hating specific ones, if Fozzy leaves, there will be another one)  saying we are doomed, no optimisim at all, im hopeing we are staying up, but atm its hard to tell, its more hope than a prediction, just all lighten yp, if we get releated, only buy crap players, the board stays for another 5 years, it will all end up fine :D OTBC

[quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

[/quote] dont hate him at all. just fail to see what he brings to the team, said at the start of the season any club with this imposter in the team would be relegation fodder and although i take no pleasure from it i look to be correct.Cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot,  creates nothing for the strikers in front of him. makes it tough for the back four because he continousley shirks his responsabilitys  by returning the ball to them.[/quote]

Mate, you''re obsessed with him. Face it.

Otsemobor. Constantly shirks both his defensive and attacking responsibilities. Shows no desire. Appears to have lost all forward momentum. Why not question your season ticket renewal over him?

Russell. Can''t pass. Can''t shoot. Can''t tackle. Can''t even control a ball anymore! Can''t dribble. Can''t head. What''s wrong with venting some of that pent-up hatred on him?

Cureton. I''m not even going to bother to describe how woeful he is. Bashing him not tickle your fancy? Just a little?

Hoolahan is the most inconsistent footballer ever to play the game, 1 good game in 4. Marshall has cost us a good few points this season. Clingan as far as I can tell is a better version of Fozzy, but he still has quite a few quiet days. All our players have underperformed in one way or another. Why not give up your season ticket because of them? Why Fotheringham? Is it personal?!

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="jim blair"][quote user="Mook"][quote user="jim blair"]

[/quote]

[/quote] dont hate him at all. just fail to see what he brings to the team, said at the start of the season any club with this imposter in the team would be relegation fodder and although i take no pleasure from it i look to be correct.Cant pass, cant tackle, cant shoot,  creates nothing for the strikers in front of him. makes it tough for the back four because he continousley shirks his responsabilitys  by returning the ball to them.[/quote]

Mate, you''re obsessed with him. Face it.

Otsemobor. Constantly shirks both his defensive and attacking responsibilities. Shows no desire. Appears to have lost all forward momentum. Why not question your season ticket renewal over him?

Russell. Can''t pass. Can''t shoot. Can''t tackle. Can''t even control a ball anymore! Can''t dribble. Can''t head. What''s wrong with venting some of that pent-up hatred on him?

Cureton. I''m not even going to bother to describe how woeful he is. Bashing him not tickle your fancy? Just a little?

Hoolahan is the most inconsistent footballer ever to play the game, 1 good game in 4. Marshall has cost us a good few points this season. Clingan as far as I can tell is a better version of Fozzy, but he still has quite a few quiet days. All our players have underperformed in one way or another. Why not give up your season ticket because of them? Why Fotheringham? Is it personal?!

[/quote] Because i think the others you mention can do it or have done it in the past, agree all of them have been woeful this year , but Fotherngham has never done it here or anywhere else, that is my chew with him and the reason top mangers such as Walter Smith and Gorden Strachan binned him or were not interested

I''m with you JB (well almost). The fact that he''s the best we can put up as captain really says it all. He is often maligned and is a decent squad player and does have the occasional effective game. But automatic place in the team? He''s average and not as good as Russell as a footballer - and in an ideal world the likes of the hardworking and enthusiastic Russell would be our super-sub - not our striker.Love this quote from Fotheringham on leaving Celtic for Dundee: "It was a hard decision, and, as the gaffer said, Martin O''Neill was

reluctant to let me go..."
Ah bless!

[quote user="Binky"]I''m with you JB (well almost). The fact that he''s the best we can put up as captain really says it all. He is often maligned and is a decent squad player and does have the occasional effective game. But automatic place in the team? He''s average and not as good as Russell as a footballer - and in an ideal world the likes of the hardworking and enthusiastic Russell would be our super-sub - not our striker.

Love this quote from Fotheringham on leaving Celtic for Dundee: "It was a hard decision, and, as the gaffer said, Martin O''Neill was reluctant to let me go..." Ah bless!

[/quote]

I think that the char lady and kit man were on holiday when O''Neill said that. No-one to make his brew and wash his tracksuit!!

[quote user="Ginger Pele"]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Ginger Pele"]lol lets all bash fozzy when there are players who are just as bad or worse[/quote]
The guy is bashing Fozzy, are you going to leave again now because of the Fozzy bashers?
[/quote]

nah i pastn the anger stage, i just find it pathetic really, we a re a football club, with good players, some better than others, a board who love the club, but may not be the best thing for us at the moment, and all the majority of fans can do is maon about the players (really hating specific ones, if Fozzy leaves, there will be another one)  saying we are doomed, no optimisim at all, im hopeing we are staying up, but atm its hard to tell, its more hope than a prediction, just all lighten yp, if we get releated, only buy crap players, the board stays for another 5 years, it will all end up fine :D OTBC

[/quote]

Sorry Ginger, I gave up on this post after the first three words. Please try harder in future. [:D]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Fozzys bleatings to the press are often cringeworthy cause he talks a better game than what he plays but then again hes no way near as bad as some fans make out!

[/quote]

He is much worse

I dont have the energey to bad mouth Fotheringham anymore. Three managers see captain material in him. So will the next. He is destined to remain at this club for some time to come. I actually believe the manager plays the man purely to piss the fans off.

So true. He is terrible. Talks a great game but is all mouth. He''s only captain cos of his fat trap! Get rid A.S.A.P!

OK. I admit. I only read the first four posts and then decided to reply. I was going to make an "Is Fotheringham getting on anyone else''s t*ts?" thread but then saw this one. I don''t hate him, and I don''t think he''s our worst ever player (Dean Coney?), but, stop talking and start playing!!!! All the media friendly soundbites in the world won''t keep us up! I''ll still have a season ticket whatever happens but honestly mate, your contribution is minimal. We  have no money and no-one to steer the ship in the right direction so the only options are support or protest, and both have their merits. So the supporters should pick one, and the players should play, and hopefully we''ll all pull in the same direction.Oh, and as a sidenote, would Neil Doncaster PLEASE not hang around in the Jarrold Stand during a game! Every time I turn round I have to stare into the eyes of the man who is truly ruining our club!Ahhhhhhhh, a weight has been lifted!

Just my opinion, but there''s been far worse players for us this season than Fozzy. Don''t get me wrong, he''s rubbish, and how he''s captain is beyond me, but Semi, for example, has performed far worse, in far more games, yet somehow seems to receive half the flak Fozzy does.

Strange..

Fozzy - the truth

1. He''s not a bad midfielder to have just in front of the back four. He passes the ball pretty well.

2. Last season he was outstanding and was the single most important factor in the unbeaten run which kept us up. Before he came into the side we were incapable of keeping possession, and were therefore under much more pressure than we should have been. When he came into the team we kept the ball much better and got better results.

3. Clingan does his job much better than he does. When they both play we don''t get the ball forward quickly enough, and Fozzy looks very lost, since bombing forward is not really his game.

4. Possibly as a result, he has been very poor this season, but it was interesting that against Bristol City, in Clingan''s absence, he had his best game for ages.

5. Mook is right in that there are any number of players who deserve at least as much stick as the Foz.

6. Our best midfield pairing should be Clingan and Russell. But Russell has been utterly shocking in central midfield this season. Part of this is doubtless down to the fact that he has had to fill in up front, but I''m astonished that Rusty has escaped criticism for some awful performances this season.