Sign in to follow this  
james norwich

Can we beat Burnley & Coventry 'on the bounce'??

We need the next 6 points from these two games like never before. When did we last win 2 home games in a row? This situation is getting diabolical - beyond a joke. The nervousness will be back if we go behing and we could be sucked deeper into this relegation battle (if that''s possible).

We definitely can, but whether we will is another matter.

An early goal against Burnley is worth a fortune, because if we don''t score to settle the nerves, some of the less patient in the crowd will start the negatives and we could be in trouble. If we go in front before half-time I think we''ll take 6 points. If not, and we lose, we''ll struggle to get 3 or even 1 from Coventry.

The margins are wafer-thin at this stage, and the crowd are arguably more important than the players on Saturday. What I''d give for a lucky deflection or own goal to relax us and allow us to play. 

Leon will score for coventry-i might put some money on it-maybe bell to if allowed to play and if  andy marshall is in goal he is bound to have a few world class saves to deny our two shots on goal!!

We wont beat Burnley , Coventry maybe but with the form we are in 0 points would be no great surpise .

We will get nothing from Burnley, they are a classy away team.Coventry - I can see it being 1-1 until we give away a free kick in the 85th minute and David Bell reminds us why we were stupid to sell him by whipping in a decent cross which McKenzie heads in for the winner.

We are capable of beating anyone in this league as are all of the sides in this division on their day. Although my concern is can we defend properly to get anything from these games and that must be a major concern as we don''t seem capable of keeping a clean sheet and that twinned with our goal shy forwards you are always going to have problems.

My heart says 4 points but head says 1 point.....

both games are winnable,  as we have shown that with the right attitude we can beat ANY side in this league.  If only the players were as anxious as us fans they may be bothered to turn up.

We last won two consecutive games at the end of Oct, before that Feb last year (3!!) before we get back to Roeders purple patch.

Just shows we cant deliver consistency - and for me its player apathy that is the key.

I''m going for a yes, we are due a little luck and it''s going to come, at least I hope so!

I know people moan when it is pointed out that we are not that bad and have good spells in game but fail to score, well our luck is bound to change. For instance, at the weekend the radio 5 commentator said it is hard to tell that one of these teams might be in the premiership next year and the other in league 1, there was not much between them. So we need to start making the most of our good spells.

Yes, in theory we can win both games, though in reality I can''t see it happening, unless our form for this season is going to take a really dramatic turn.

We are so inconsistent it''s very difficult predicting just what team is going to turn up every game. We know we have the players who can win two games back to back, but do the players realise this and in their current state of mind are they capable of doing so?

At the best I can envisage 4 points, a draw with Burnley and a win against Coventry.

Burnley will definitely beat us, and McKenzie will obviously score so it depends if we can find the net twice against Coventry. I''d put my money on 1 point!

I dont think its a case of can we, more like we have to, more to the point we have to win all the home games as it doesn''t look as if we will win away.

I can see a couple of draws coming which will leave things pretty much where they are now as far as the table is concerned. Going to the wire I reccon, no big surge up the league and just picking up enough scraps to hover where we are.

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

We definitely can, but whether we will is another matter.

An early goal against Burnley is worth a fortune, because if we don''t score to settle the nerves, some of the less patient in the crowd will start the negatives and we could be in trouble. If we go in front before half-time I think we''ll take 6 points. If not, and we lose, we''ll struggle to get 3 or even 1 from Coventry.

The margins are wafer-thin at this stage, and the crowd are arguably more important than the players on Saturday. What I''d give for a lucky deflection or own goal to relax us and allow us to play. 

[/quote]What an absolute load of crap! This is you trying to blame the fans!If we win it will be because we wanted it more than them, we had better players, better tactics or a shit load of luck! Not because we are all such terrible fans we fail to cheer on a team that produce nothing to cheer! How many teams in this league play in front of 5000 every week? How much do the Wolves fan get on their teams back? Christ, if we are good enough we will win, I very much doubt we are though!![:@]

Thats the relegation battle sorted then all we need to do is sing loud all match and we will beat everybody  .

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

just out of interest what sort of reception will you give bell when he returns?

for me he showed absoulutely no commitment or loyalty and jumped ship at the first oppurtunity, so i will be booing him and hope he gets a real hot reception and hides away like a lost little boy

[/quote]We sold him.  He couldn''t settle here.  He played 19 games and created 7 goals.  I won''t boo him or cheer him.

4 points from next 2 games.  1-1 v Burnley,  and beat Coventry 1-0.

What annoys me the most is that we are more than capable of beating these 2 teams, but it depends on if the players turn up on the day.

I can honestly say we will not go down, we will finish on the 52-3 points mark.

we have a better chance of beating both burnley and coventry - simply because they have a crowded fixture list and will be playing 2 games a week before they meet us - so in theory we will be a fresher team, and hopefully this will mean we can go at them high tempo and get the win we need...other than that - these sides have proven themselves against prem opposition this season - can are a cut above us[:''(]...make no mistake - but if tired and jaded - we could spring a surprise...[:D]

If we don''t, then we are down I''m afraid. Win those 2 and we have a chance, but its out of our hands now, scary.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Can? Yes.

Will? Hmmmm. Burnley beat us more than Palace do so I''m going for a maximum of three points, a minimum of none.

[/quote]minimum of none..........pmsl

[quote user="Merry Mawkin"]

4 points from next 2 games.  1-1 v Burnley,  and beat Coventry 1-0.

What annoys me the most is that we are more than capable of beating these 2 teams, but it depends on if the players turn up on the day.

I can honestly say we will not go down, we will finish on the 52-3 points mark.

[/quote]I hope you are right but where the hell are we getting 20 or 21 points from?