Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Lets Be Seeing Ya!

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="The Butler"]

Oxford dictionary definition of gay light-hearted,cheerful,carefree.

Yep that sounds like Nutty.

When Oh when did that nice word get hijacked!!

[/quote]

From Wikipedia

The word had started to acquire associations of immorality by 1637[1] and was used in the late 17th century with the meaning "addicted to pleasures and dissipations."[6] This was by extension from the primary meaning of "carefree": implying "uninhibited by moral constraints." A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer and a gay house a brothel.[1]

The use of gay to mean "homosexual" was in origin merely an extension of the word''s sexualised connotation of "carefree and uninhibited," which implied a willingness to disregard conventional or respectable sexual mores. Such usage is documented as early as the 1920s, and there is evidence for it before the 20th century

So guess you and the Wizard have been angry for a long long time [:(]
[/quote]

Thanks for that Splat,but it certainly had no homosexual conotations when I and no doubt Wiz grew up. Not that far back!!

Wiki is not a good source of information as anyone can put anything. This can lead to words or definitions being bent(sorry) to fit peoples agendas.Certainly the first part of the definition seems more accurate from what I always assumed.

I first heard of the Gay -homosexual link when it was shanghai''d in the late sixties. God my generation have a lot to answer for!!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Did you used to do the gay gordon butler? [:S][/quote]

My wife and I often indulged in that dance at the Norwood Rooms on posh nights.

Accompanied by cries of "Och Aye" and "Hoots"

Oh those heady simple carefree days.

Then the only men in skirts were Scotsmen.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]Did you used to do the gay gordon butler? [:S][/quote]

My wife and I often indulged in that dance at the Norwood Rooms on posh nights.

Accompanied by cries of "Och Aye" and "Hoots"

Oh those heady simple carefree days.

Then the only men in skirts were Scotsmen.[/quote]Aah, The Norwood Rooms. The place where you took the new girlfriend to impress her. After that, it was back to good old Norman Troller and the Rollerdrome at Cromer! [:S]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I believe Nutty Nigel has come out, and I myself did the same weeks ago, WAY49 has declared her fine looks elewhere too, so come on, lets be seeing ya!

[/quote]

NN is gay?

[/quote]

Could be Barclay_Boy.... but even though it carries no shame is it likely[:^)] it''s more likely to be a keyboard kate type of poster like yourself[^o)] clandestinely hiding in the shadows bravely posting your own perculiar brand of humour from behind your keyboard[:|] I wonder what dirty little secrets prevent you from blowing your cover[:O]

[/quote]

hey, chill out Nutty! What''s a keyboard kate by the way? What do you mean "dirty little secrets" and "blowing my cover" ? You really are getting over sensitive these days, and to think I stuck up for your Worthy on another thread as well!

[/quote]

I thought you were a tad touchy yesterday NN.Chill man chill.

[/quote]

What is wrong with you old-timers on here[:O] My dad always said you lived in the land of make-believe[~]

Oh and a keyboard kate would probably be best described as a keyboard warrior with girly tendencies[li][H][&]

[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]From Wikipedia

The word had started to acquire associations of immorality by 1637[1] and was used in the late 17th century with the meaning "addicted to pleasures and dissipations."[6] This was by extension from the primary meaning of "carefree": implying "uninhibited by moral constraints." A gay woman was a prostitute, a gay man a womanizer and a gay house a brothel.[1]

The use of gay to mean "homosexual" was in origin merely an extension of the word''s sexualised connotation of "carefree and uninhibited," which implied a willingness to disregard conventional or respectable sexual mores. Such usage is documented as early as the 1920s, and there is evidence for it before the 20th centurySo guess you and the Wizard have been angry for a long long time [:(][/quote]

Thanks for that Splat,but it certainly had no homosexual conotations when I and no doubt Wiz grew up. Not that far back!!

Wiki is not a good source of information as anyone can put anything. This can lead to words or definitions being bent(sorry) to fit peoples agendas.Certainly the first part of the definition seems more accurate from what I always assumed.

I first heard of the Gay -homosexual link when it was shanghai''d in the late sixties. God my generation have a lot to answer for!!

[/quote]But aren''t you disagreeing just because it doesn''t fit what you''d like to believe?A lot of what is on Wikipedia has to be cited, otherwise it is removed, in my opinion it gets an unfair press.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="SPat"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]From Wikipedia

The use of gay to mean "homosexual" was in origin merely an extension of the word''s sexualised connotation of "carefree and uninhibited," which implied a willingness to disregard conventional or respectable sexual mores. Such usage is documented as early as the 1920s, and there is evidence for it before the 20th centurySo guess you and the Wizard have been angry for a long long time [:(][/quote]

[/quote]But aren''t you disagreeing just because it doesn''t fit what you''d like to believe?A lot of what is on Wikipedia has to be cited, otherwise it is removed, in my opinion it gets an unfair press.[/quote]It''s really rather sad and pathetic isn''t it. Shame we can''t go back to the good old days when homosexualaity didn''t exist and anyone suspected could be imprisoned ey. Methinks she protests too much. interesting article here about the accuracy of wikipedia http://news.cnet.com/2100-1038_3-5997332.html not that it''ll change some peole''s minds of course.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

I believe Nutty Nigel has come out, and I myself did the same weeks ago, WAY49 has declared her fine looks elewhere too, so come on, lets be seeing ya!

[/quote]

NN is gay?

[/quote]

Could be Barclay_Boy.... but even though it carries no shame is it likely[:^)] it''s more likely to be a keyboard kate type of poster like yourself[^o)] clandestinely hiding in the shadows bravely posting your own perculiar brand of humour from behind your keyboard[:|] I wonder what dirty little secrets prevent you from blowing your cover[:O]

[/quote]

hey, chill out Nutty! What''s a keyboard kate by the way? What do you mean "dirty little secrets" and "blowing my cover" ? You really are getting over sensitive these days, and to think I stuck up for your Worthy on another thread as well!

[/quote]

[/quote]

What is wrong with you old-timers on here[:O] My dad always said you lived in the land of make-believe[~]

Oh and a keyboard kate would probably be best described as a keyboard warrior with girly tendencies[li][H][&]

[;)]

[/quote]

I think a Keyboard Kate would probably be best described as a figment of your imagination NN [:D]

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

NN is gay?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

I think a Keyboard Kate would probably be best described as a figment of your imagination NN [:D]

[/quote]

I really tempted to change my user name to that. It has a certain ring about it [:)]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

NN is gay?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really tempted to change my user name to that. It has a certain ring about it [:)]

[/quote]

Are you a figment of my imagination Kathy[:O]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

NN is gay?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[;)]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you a figment of my imagination Kathy[:O]

[/quote]

Nutty all this talk about "coming out" and now getting Kathy involved is making me a bit uncomfortable.Most people on here see her as a sweet and innocent young thing and i am concerned that a lot of disappointment and bewilderment will follow if a photo is to pop up on this thread.

[quote user="Kathy"]Maybe. But you will see me in the flesh tomorrow [:P] ![/quote]

Oh my God.Still most of those where you are going tomorrow night are waiting to enter God''s waiting room.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Kathy"]Maybe. But you will see me in the flesh tomorrow [:P] ![/quote]

Oh my God.Still most of those where you are going tomorrow night are waiting to enter God''s waiting room.

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

Oh believe me i do and your sly little dig did not fall on stoney ground but is too ridiculous to respond to.Back to the matter in hand it was all this talk of The Norwood Rooms that i was reading about yesterday that caused me to form my impression.

Maybe i jumped to the wrong conclusion but obviously you never do hey The Butler?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

Oh believe me i do and your sly little dig did not fall on stoney ground but is too ridiculous to respond to.Back to the matter in hand it was all this talk of The Norwood Rooms that i was reading about yesterday that caused me to form my impression.

Maybe i jumped to the wrong conclusion but obviously you never do hey The Butler?

[/quote]

What wrong conclusion is that Til1010? You suggested that we are all near deaths door (God''s waiting room) that I refute.60''s is the new 40''s and I wish the Norwood Rooms and Chic and his band were still there.

How far back were you a PC in Norwich. Do you remember Chang, the Mcrae btothers,etc. Used to play football with/against them. Great times.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

What wrong conclusion is that Til1010? You suggested that we are all near deaths door (God''s waiting room) that I refute.60''s is the new 40''s and I wish the Norwood Rooms and Chic and his band were still there.

How far back were you a PC in Norwich. Do you remember Chang, the Mcrae btothers,etc. Used to play football with/against them. Great times.

[/quote]

Til1010 can just about remember when Legs was open Butler [:)]

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Long enough to have attended riots at the Criterion Cafe and to ensure public safety at the Harwich & Parkeston match,,,,

Or so I''m told[:P]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I heard he had something to do with them being closed [:O]

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Speak for your self!

Oh you do don''t you.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are one of the younger ones then[:D]

I refuse to make the obvious response to that statement as I might need a lay down in a dark room!!

Hope to see you tomorrow night then Kathy

Yes The Butler i have a very good memory.Chang was PC 649 Ivan Kidgell,the brothers were Ian and bob.Ian is a season ticket holder and you will find him talking to Neil D.outside the club shop before every game.

The trouble with your 60''s is the new 40''s train of thought is that the mind may still be willing but the body isn''t.Kathy however thinks that the 50''s is the new 20''s.She is forever in her daughters wardrobe.

Now me that is a totally different matter.I would on the maximum style minimum effort train of thought coupled with fashion may change but style remains the same.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Yes The Butler i have a very good memory.Chang was PC 649 Ivan Kidgell,the brothers were Ian and bob.Ian is a season ticket holder and you will find him talking to Neil D.outside the club shop before every game.

The trouble with your 60''s is the new 40''s train of thought is that the mind may still be willing but the body isn''t.Kathy however thinks that the 50''s is the new 20''s.She is forever in her daughters wardrobe.

Now me that is a totally different matter.I would on the maximum style minimum effort train of thought coupled with fashion may change but style remains the same.

[/quote]

Last sentence should be work not would.It''s my age you know.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]Til1010 can just about remember when Legs was open Butler [:)][/quote]Oh dear Kathy, PURLEEZE!! [:$][/quote]

Just what i was thinking Lappinitup.The girl really should think before flexing her hands and fingers don''t you think?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You will probably remember my old (sadly passed on ) mate Chris Cushion then.

Why is it always the good and best that seem to get the worst?

Ian,Chris & I played for Norfolk police in the Thursday league back in the early 60''s. Now that was FOOTBALL. Matches against City police the highlight of the season.

Well before your time I would think.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

You will probably remember my old (sadly passed on ) mate Chris Cushion then.

Why is it always the good and best that seem to get the worst?

Ian,Chris & I played for Norfolk police in the Thursday league back in the early 60''s. Now that was FOOTBALL. Matches against City police the highlight of the season.

Well before your time I would think.

[/quote]

PC 72 Chris Cushion of course i remember him The Butler.Played with him for Norwich Police on a few occassions.The dear chap died at Caroline House where i used to take him the Pink Un most weeks.Sounds like we must meet.Are you at Nutty''s gathering tomorrow?It is only a short walk from my house.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Kathy"]Til1010 can just about remember when Legs was open Butler [:)][/quote]Oh dear Kathy, PURLEEZE!! [:$][/quote]

Lappinitup i was a regular at The Samson and Hercules on a thursday night following a few beers with work colleagues at The Compasses pub run by dear old Les Dix.

The Trevor Copeman Band-------------those were the days.

I still used to get up at the crack of dawn for a 6am shift.Now that dawn ,what a girl she was.

Lappinitup i was a regular at The Samson and Hercules on a thursday night following a few beers with work colleagues at The Compasses pub run by dear old Les Dix.

The Trevor Copeman Band-------------those were the days.

I still used to get up at the crack of dawn for a 6am shift.Now that dawn ,what a girl she was.