Sign in to follow this  
Canary Man of Kent

Shack is back

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

Good news for those with Shackell on the back of their shirts.

Now where''s that Huckerby shirt I had.....

[/quote]

Oh no Pete, don''t get them started about Huck''s coming back lol [:D]

[/quote]

Does Pete know something we don''t?[;)]

I have some sympathy with the management here, in as much as we''d still have Stefanovic and Kennedy at the back if they hadn''t been injured. We needed centre-back cover urgently, and Shacks obviously wants to be here. I''d be astonished if we signed him back permanently (unless he suddenly rediscovers the form he showed in the second half of our Premiership seson), but as a quick fix it''s not too bad a move.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

lol just wishful thinking maybe mate [:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, just teasing!

I am so glad as I am one with shax on the back on my shirt. [:D]

However it does seem a little strange how eager he is to return given that in the Wolves programme last week he said that it was not really a hard decision to leave Norwich in the summer.

I do hope that he is given the chance to prove to us that we were wrong and that he is good enough and feel that him and Grounds ccould be worth a chance!

[quote user="tribes"]Marshall; Otsemobar; Docherty; Shackell; Drury. With Croft; Fotheringham; Russell and Cureton. Sounds familiar. It''s almost as though Roeder had never been here.[/quote]

We''re missing someone though....

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hucks back and Dublin back and we will be able to play same eleven before GR arrived. Marshall; Otsemobar, Docherty ,Shackell, Drury; Croft, Fotheringham. Russell, (Hucks); Cureton, (Dublin). Just like old times.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hucks back and Dublin back and we will be able to play same eleven before GR arrived. Marshall; Otsemobar, Docherty ,Shackell, Drury; Croft, Fotheringham. Russell, (Hucks); Cureton, (Dublin). Just like old times.[/quote]Oh yeah I remember that.....when we were bottom of the table wasn''t it??

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[quote user="tribes"]Marshall; Otsemobar; Docherty; Shackell; Drury. With Croft; Fotheringham; Russell and Cureton. Sounds familiar. It''s almost as though Roeder had never been here.[/quote]

[/quote]Yes. Bring him back I say.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Hucks back and Dublin back and we will be able to play same eleven before GR arrived. Marshall; Otsemobar, Docherty ,Shackell, Drury; Croft, Fotheringham. Russell, (Hucks); Cureton, (Dublin). Just like old times.[/quote]

Oh yeah I remember that.....when we were bottom of the table wasn''t it??
[/quote]We were but not a lot better off now with the new team.

[quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

Yes we are missing plenty. If we could keep going back until we got to October 2006 we could have :-

Gallacher

Colin Doherty Shackell Drury
Croft Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Dublin Earnshaw.
Subs: Camp Fleming Hughes Robinson Thorne

But we hated that so much we protested inside and outside the ground and hired out St Andrews Hall to get rid of the man who put that lot together in order to end up where we are now.[:|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

Yes we are missing plenty. If we could keep going back until we got to October 2006 we could have :-

Gallacher

Colin Doherty Shackell DruryCroft Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Dublin Earnshaw. Subs: Camp Fleming Hughes Robinson Thorne

But we hated that so much we protested inside and outside the ground and hired out St Andrews Hall to get rid of the man who put that lot together in order to end up where we are now.[:|]

[/quote]That subs'' bench looks tasty... [;)]

I think this is great news! Finally we will have a little bit of composure at the back which Shaks and Bates. Bates is a real class act, with great composure and ability. Unfortunately he has only been paired with Doherty, who is probs the worst footballer to have ever graced Carrow Road and Omozusi who is a wingback.I really believe that with a solid pair at the back, we will begin to rise up the table as we surely have one of the strongest and most tallented midfields in the Championship.... We now have 4 decent quality strikers also (Gow looks pure quality but Cureton needs to learn how to finish).Although it seems slow progress by Gunn, I feel this could be the start of something special..... Top 6 next season. Lets start getting behind Gunny and we will shoot up the table in no time atall.Anyone who thinks Doherty is any good then I wouldn''t mind hearing your theory on that.....?

[/quote]

Gallacher

Colin Doherty Shackell DruryCroft Safri Etuhu Huckerby

Dublin Earnshaw. Subs: Camp Fleming Hughes Robinson Thorne

[/quote]Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn''t it.

He''s never been great and he never will be, very average championship defender at best and like most other people i was hoping to get Davies, although to be honest i haven''t really got a clue whether he''s any good either but while most people are having a moan and a whinge about this think back to august and the rodent featured one was getting abused for letting Shackell go when we were weak in that position. No one can deny that were even bloody worse off for centre backs now, desperate would be the word i think so to get a player on loan til the end of the season who we''ve already got eight hundred grand for can''t be that bad a piece of buisness can it, unless John Terry was thinking of coming here of course.

[quote user="Mooney"]I think this is great news! Finally we will have a little bit of composure at the back which Shaks and Bates. Bates is a real class act, with great composure and ability. Unfortunately he has only been paired with Doherty, who is probs the worst footballer to have ever graced Carrow Road and Omozusi who is a wingback.

I really believe that with a solid pair at the back, we will begin to rise up the table as we surely have one of the strongest and most tallented midfields in the Championship.... We now have 4 decent quality strikers also (Gow looks pure quality but Cureton needs to learn how to finish).

Although it seems slow progress by Gunn, I feel this could be the start of something special..... Top 6 next season. Lets start getting behind Gunny and we will shoot up the table in no time atall.

Anyone who thinks Doherty is any good then I wouldn''t mind hearing your theory on that.....?

[/quote]

pervert!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

Gallacher

Dublin Earnshaw.

[/quote]
That subs'' bench looks tasty... [;)]
[/quote]

Many a true word spoken in jest Coelho! Worthy left us with a good first eleven but not much strength in depth after that. And the youngsters he was slaughtered for leaving out have hardly set the world alight.

And star.. hindsight is a wonderful thing for those who change their minds [:|]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

[/quote]

And any posters who may have joined the forum at the time he was making such a promising start to his NCFC career [:$]

Gunn "I bumped into him at Molineux last week and realised that he wasn''t part of Mick''s immediate plans...."

I find this amusing, so much for a scouting network, lets just hope that Gunn ''bumps'' into someone better next time.

[/quote]

Gallacher

Dublin Earnshaw.

[/quote]

Nutty you are stirring the pot again.

Colin,Camp,Hughes,Robinson,Thorne. Legends in your eyes obviously.

Etuhu and Earnshaw.Aren''t they the ones who when they signed had get out clauses in case it went tits up?.

[quote user="Apoptosis"]

Gunn "I bumped into him at Molineux last week and realised that he wasn''t part of Mick''s immediate plans...."

I find this amusing, so much for a scouting network, lets just hope that Gunn ''bumps'' into someone better next time.

[/quote]

More proof if ever it were needed that this guy is not the right man for the job.

Reading these six pages i think i know where Roeder was coming from with his "the trouble is fans think they are all experts" quote.

by the way this is a tongue in cheek post.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

Gallacher

Dublin Earnshaw.

[/quote]

Etuhu and Earnshaw.Aren''t they the ones who when they signed had get out clauses in case it went tits up?.

[/quote]

How can that be stirring the pot? Is every opinion that is different to yours stirring the pot? Have you moved on from Commander Tilson to Ayatolah Tilson?

And whilst Etuhu and Earnshaw had those clauses in their contracts can you be sure that they would have acted on them if they''d still been playing for the manager who signed them? Players like Huckerby, Dublin, Etuhu and Earnshaw were more than happy to play for Worthy but also more than happy to come out and publicly criticise subsequent managers.

My opinion on Worthy has never changed and well you know it. And at least we had legends at the club when he left. How many legends did your mate Granty sign?

[quote user="Apoptosis"]

[/quote]

Quick someone buy Gunny a weekend in Manchester..or even Alderley Edge...

it''s not a step forward resigning him but it''s better than nothing i guess.

If only he could regain the form he showed when we were in the Premiership.

At the risk of sound like a commentator for ice skating, isn''t this a reverse Archibald-Henville ?  And didn''t we all think letting him go back to his club while paying his wages was a bad thing ?  So surely selling Shackell to them for 800k and then loaning him back is a good thing, as it is the opposite of a bad thing ?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="CT the Jarrold king"]

[/quote]

Gallacher

Dublin Earnshaw.

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can that be stirring the pot? Is every opinion that is different to yours stirring the pot? Have you moved on from Commander Tilson to Ayatolah Tilson?

And whilst Etuhu and Earnshaw had those clauses in their contracts can you be sure that they would have acted on them if they''d still been playing for the manager who signed them? Players like Huckerby, Dublin, Etuhu and Earnshaw were more than happy to play for Worthy but also more than happy to come out and publicly criticise subsequent managers.

My opinion on Worthy has never changed and well you know it. And at least we had legends at the club when he left. How many legends did your mate Granty sign?

[/quote]

Oh dear Nutty,yesterday i was moody according to you so may i be so bold as to say you appear to be a tad touchy today?Grant was my mate was he?I take it you base that on the fact i thought he would be a good manager.Fair enough i was wrong on that score but to be fair your love affair with Worthington is reaching stalking proportions.Get over him mate.

As you said recently you will post whatever you want on here so be prepared for those who don''t subscribe to your train of thought on the odd post.Ayatolah indeed,mirrors come to mind.