Sign in to follow this  
Wiggle

The goals and our defense.

To be honest, the defense looked poor on every goal tonight, from what i saw on SSN. Slips, fumbles and mistakes cost us a possible 3 points tonight, not Jamie ''Barndoor'' Cureton although maybe he should have scored at least one.

True, but we were lucky that wolves defense was as bad as it was, or we would have been in trouble tonight.

[quote user="Mushroom"]We scored three away from home vs the league leaders, and you''re moaning - says a lot.[/quote]And your the type or city supporter that is happy with second best, just because we scored 3 goals, against a poor defense, doesnt mean we are gonna be okay in the league, we still need to sort ourselves out at the back in my opinion.Not taking anything away from the team tonight though, good performance and nice to come away with a point, just think that if we hadnt made so many silly mistakes, it would have been 3 points.

[quote user="Wiggle"]To be honest, the defense looked poor on every goal tonight, from what i saw on SSN. Slips, fumbles and mistakes cost us a possible 3 points tonight, not Jamie ''Barndoor'' Cureton although maybe he should have scored at least one.
[/quote]how can anyone who can''t spell defence be taken seriously

Yes, I''ve just seen the goals too. Keystone Cops isn''t in it. I''m sure the new coaching team must be on the case though.What the Hell was Marshall doing?Still, all in all I reckon relegation is highly unlikely now.

I think a point away at Wolves is a damn good result.I think what''s disappointing is that if we''d defended better, and Curo had converted his chances, it could have been a total rout.The fact that we''re playing with more confidence and coming back at teams is the most encouraging thing for me though.

[quote user="we are rubbish"][quote user="Wiggle"]To be honest, the defense looked poor on every goal tonight, from what i saw on SSN. Slips, fumbles and mistakes cost us a possible 3 points tonight, not Jamie ''Barndoor'' Cureton although maybe he should have scored at least one.[/quote]how can anyone who can''t spell defence be taken seriously[/quote]Maybe, an american person like myself who was taught to spell it like that in his schooling years?

We are scoring for fun now with players contributing from all over the field; and there will not be many sides scoring eight goals against Wolves.  I still think there are more goals to come from the new players.  The arrival of Butterworth will help the defence, and I can see us conceding fewer goals in the future.

Although it''s a bit scary watching defending like that, the attitude now seems to be "OK, so you''ve scored 4, well then we''ll score 5". Which is amazing considering there are no real goalscorers in the team (well there is one I suppose ...). Makes for thrilling football - &, strangely enough, I feel more confident about tightening the defence than I would have about not scoring.Who''d have thought??!!!!!!!

[quote user="we are rubbish"][quote user="Wiggle"]To be honest, the defense looked poor on every goal tonight, from what i saw on SSN. Slips, fumbles and mistakes cost us a possible 3 points tonight, not Jamie ''Barndoor'' Cureton although maybe he should have scored at least one.
[/quote]how can anyone who can''t spell defence be taken seriously[/quote]

So how should it be spelled?  Dephense?

[quote user="Mushroom"]We scored three away from home vs the league leaders, and you''re moaning - says a lot.
[/quote]

Chill out.  They were poor defensive goals.  Doesn''t mean we''re unhappy with the result or performance.  I''m delighted!