Sign in to follow this  
Camuldonum

Mr Gunn and his philosophy

To The Girl Upstairs, two days ago.

"Wolves is going to be very tough.  I don''t know how we will get on but it''s a great test for us and for me as well.  If we lose I''m going to have to bring them back from it.  But that''s my job and why I went for it and why I wanted it so much. Mick''s got a good team but better up front than they are defending.  I think we have lost the ability to fight recently so if we lose it will be a good challenge for me.  If we lose we lose but I want a team that will fight all the way. 

"Going behind is the greatest test of a team that I know.  If their heads drop it is not a team.  That''s what I am working on.  Here''s hoping anyway.  I think I have a good atmosphere going but if we lose 6-1 don''t quote me please............

"But seriously if you can come back from 1-0, 2-0 down I''ll be very happy.  Never give up!  I''ve told them: if you give up I will."

Girl Upstairs: "You aren''t a hair dryer are you?"

Gunny: "No, I''m a cuddler.   Depending on results that is either a weakness or a strength.  If I get it wrong they''ll be after me................if you do a blooper I think an arm round is better than a roasting.  I''ll say my thing but I am not going to take anyone apart....I had bad games, you know when you have and rubbing it in doesn''t help.

"If people do things wrong all the time then sadly you have to leave them out.  Wolves is a tough call but I''m trying to get some spirit in the side.  When I was playing we didn''t always do well but I think we fought back well and so that is what I am going for.  " 

What a smashing bloke (although an inexperienced manager of course and apparently a cheap option).[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

To The Girl Upstairs, two days ago.

"Wolves is going to be very tough.  I don''t know how we will get on but it''s a great test for us and for me as well.  If we lose I''m going to have to bring them back from it.  But that''s my job and why I went for it and why I wanted it so much. Mick''s got a good team but better up front than they are defending.  I think we have lost the ability to fight recently so if we lose it will be a good challenge for me.  If we lose we lose but I want a team that will fight all the way. 

"Going behind is the greatest test of a team that I know.  If their heads drop it is not a team.  That''s what I am working on.  Here''s hoping anyway.  I think I have a good atmosphere going but if we lose 6-1 don''t quote me please............

"But seriously if you can come back from 1-0, 2-0 down I''ll be very happy.  Never give up!  I''ve told them: if you give up I will."

Girl Upstairs: "You aren''t a hair dryer are you?"

Gunny: "No, I''m a cuddler.   Depending on results that is either a weakness or a strength.  If I get it wrong they''ll be after me................if you do a blooper I think an arm round is better than a roasting.  I''ll say my thing but I am not going to take anyone apart....I had bad games, you know when you have and rubbing it in doesn''t help.

"If people do things wrong all the time then sadly you have to leave them out.  Wolves is a tough call but I''m trying to get some spirit in the side.  When I was playing we didn''t always do well but I think we fought back well and so that is what I am going for.  " 

What a smashing bloke (although an inexperienced manager of course and apparently a cheap option).[:|]

[/quote]no - hair dryer not required...but echo the sentiments - great to see gunny wanting some fight and spirit back in the club...i didn''t expect any points tonight,,,but i wanted a battling display - looks like we got that and more...and sure - his public handling of hooleys handshake snub was refreshing and spot on - as was his seat on the bench tonight...well done gunny...defo more cause for optimism,,,but consistency is the key...we''ll know more after saturday...

IMO Gunn has it absolutely spot-on.

And he is right that the side under Roeder just didn''t seem to have the ability to fight, something it now seems to have found.  Here''s hoping that he can carry it on - he deserves it for sure. 

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Do you regularly converse with the Virgin Mary, Camulamadingdong?[/quote]

As an Irish Catholic, yes I do.

[:D]

Er by the way, that was meant to be a light-hearted comment but - looking back - it does appear to be a bit rude. No offence meant. [:$]

Who is ''Her Upstairs'' though?

PS: Off by heart in both Latin and English.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc,
et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee;
blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Need the crib sheet in Irish Gaelic:

Sé do bheatha, a Mhuire,
atá lán de ghrásta,
Tá an Tiarna leat.
Is beannaithe thú idir mná,
Agus is beannaithe toradh do bhroinne, Íosa.
A Naomh-Mhuire, a Mháthair Dé,
guigh orainn na peacaigh,
anois, agus ar uair ár mbáis.
Amen.

[:$]

She''s quite a girl for some of us![:D]

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Er by the way, that was meant to be a light-hearted comment but - looking back - it does appear to be a bit rude. No offence meant. [:$]

Who is ''Her Upstairs'' though?

[/quote]

Taken as a light hearted comment!

The Girl Upstairs is a diehard Norwich supporter and my business partner and our football reporter.

Given to the occasional FFS of course.[:|] Barry Fry''s favourite reporter apparently. [:|]

"We could have won this though.  Do you want Jamie on a season long loan?"

She watched the game.  I didn''t.

And no we don''t want him back on a season long loan.  We had him, loved him, and then he buggered off..........[:P]

As they do.

However, a very good point away from home tonight against one of the current high flyers I think.

A very interesting insight. Thanks.

Mr Gunn is indeed a ''smashing bloke''.

Let''s (Norwich fans[:)]) hope he''ll be a lucky bloke too.

We all need good luck at the right times - including the original hairdryer. But then I suspect that our manager is quite capable of making his own luck for the most part.

OTBC

Ah, ah, the "you aren''t a dryer are you"? is fantastic! But, I beg your pardon for my ignorance: who is the girl upstairs?

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Camuldonum''s daughter (a Norwich supporter).

[/quote]

She''s more than that.  On my extensive model railway (yes, I know) she insists on running the engine Norwich City hauling The Norfolkman coaches despite the fact that it is a Great Western layout. I put it down as an  Excursion to Torquay.

She''s pleased.  That''s good.  Like me: Lincoln 3-1 down at home with five minutes to go.  Ended 3-3.

Moral? Don''t give up.

[:D]

Going on Gunn''s playing days, I bet he can still shout and gee the players up when needed. I somehow doubt he''ll be all smiles in absolutely every situation.