Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Bid to play at Carrow Road

It’s that time of year again: the weather is wetter, money is minimal and New Year’s resolutions are already redundant. But fear not: Football Aid are here to brighten up those January blues with the return of the spectacular annual event, the unique and fantastic Football Aid January Auction!

Together with the support of Norwich City, Football Aid
are looking to raise even more money for a variety of charitable causes, as the launch of the fiercely competitive Football Aid auction gets underway. Imagine the pride in seeing your shirt hanging up in the changing room, the thrill of running through the tunnel and the adrenaline of playing on the pitch that your heroes have graced before you…  

A host of club legends including Jeremy Goss, Robert Fleck and Dale Gordon have all supported Football Aid in previous years, either managing or playing alongside fans of the Canaries as they graced the hallowed turf.

The 2009 Football Aid Auction at www.footballaid.com is already shaping up to be extremely exciting, with the new Maximum Bid and Buy Now options already proving very popular with bidders! Bidding positions will continue to close at regular intervals throughout the bidding period with the first position closing on the 3rd February and the last available positions closing on the 4th March.

So with bidding starting from only £170, there really is no better time to grab yourself the ultimate January bargain! So if you are a midfield magician like Mark Fotheringham, or are great in goals like Marshall, there are positions to suit every player wishing to take part in this event at Carrow Road!

All funds raised from the events are distributed through Football Aid''s parent charity Field of Dreams and split between diabetes research programmes, and charities nominated by participating clubs.
Football Aid has so far awarded over £1.3M to charitable causes since the company was set up in 2000, and has enabled nearly 10,000 football fans to pull on their favourite club’s colours and grace the hallowed turf of the club they support. Please visit www.footballaid.com or alternatively contact the sales team at info@footballaid.com to find out how you can Live the Dream.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

It’s that time of year again: the weather is wetter, money is minimal and New Year’s resolutions are already redundant. But fear not: Football Aid are here to brighten up those January blues with the return of the spectacular annual event, the unique and fantastic Football Aid January Auction!Together with the support of Norwich City, Football Aid are looking to raise even more money for a variety of charitable causes, as the launch of the fiercely competitive Football Aid auction gets underway. Imagine the pride in seeing your shirt hanging up in the changing room, the thrill of running through the tunnel and the adrenaline of playing on the pitch that your heroes have graced before you…  

A host of club legends including Jeremy Goss, Robert Fleck and Dale Gordon have all supported Football Aid in previous years, either managing or playing alongside fans of the Canaries as they graced the hallowed turf.The 2009 Football Aid Auction at www.footballaid.com is already shaping up to be extremely exciting, with the new Maximum Bid and Buy Now options already proving very popular with bidders! Bidding positions will continue to close at regular intervals throughout the bidding period with the first position closing on the 3rd February and the last available positions closing on the 4th March.

So with bidding starting from only £170, there really is no better time to grab yourself the ultimate January bargain! So if you are a midfield magician like Mark Fotheringham, or are great in goals like Marshall, there are positions to suit every player wishing to take part in this event at Carrow Road!All funds raised from the events are distributed through Football Aid''s parent charity Field of Dreams and split between diabetes research programmes, and charities nominated by participating clubs. Football Aid has so far awarded over £1.3M to charitable causes since the company was set up in 2000, and has enabled nearly 10,000 football fans to pull on their favourite club’s colours and grace the hallowed turf of the club they support. Please visit www.footballaid.com or alternatively contact the sales team at info@footballaid.com to find out how you can Live the Dream.

[/quote]What???

You can hire Carrow Road in the closed season it cost about £30 each last year if i remember rightly? surely we could arrange a pink''un game for all us posters that think we could do better!

Hi there!

I understand why you have said this, however we feel as though Football Aid has a lot more to offer than only playing at the stadium.

Football Aid provide fans with the chance to play at their favourite clubs stadiums, along with the fact that:

- you are provided with a fully personalised first team kit

- you have the opportunity to play alongside or be managed by club legends, who have in the past included Jeremy Goss and boss Bryan Gunn

- the match is recorded and we have a professional photographer with us throughout the day, with the DVD and photographs made available after the game in the hospitality suites

- there is a man of the match, and moment of the match award ceremony for you and your spectators to attend after the game.

The most important part of the experience is the knowledge that the funds raised are raised for charity, with Norwich City''s nominated charities over the past few years including Football in the Community, Hope and Homes for Children, and East Anglian Air Ambulance. Funds raised are split between the clubs nominated charity, and Field of Dreams - our parent Charity, that raises funds for type 1 diabetes.

If you do have any questions, please let me know and I will be happy to help to make the Football Aid experience as memorable as possible.

Thanks again,

Football Aid Lass!

Thanks for your reply to my original post. I didn''t intend to take anything away from Football Aid, I think it is a worthy a noble cause and you have my whole hearted support and i wish you the best of luck.

The main point of my original post was that maybe we could arrange a game from the posters on this message board, although it would of probably been better on a sperate thread, there seemed little point. I understand that the money will go to charity but for some on here £170 minimum might be too much to afford, no matter how much they want to play on thier fav pitch, even more so in todays economic climate with the money being tight in most places.

once again i wish you the best of luck for the future!

[quote user="The Duke"]

Thanks for your reply to my original post. I didn''t intend to take anything away from Football Aid, I think it is a worthy a noble cause and you have my whole hearted support and i wish you the best of luck.

The main point of my original post was that maybe we could arrange a game from the posters on this message board, although it would of probably been better on a sperate thread, there seemed little point. I understand that the money will go to charity but for some on here £170 minimum might be too much to afford, no matter how much they want to play on thier fav pitch, even more so in todays economic climate with the money being tight in most places.

once again i wish you the best of luck for the future!

[/quote]Indeed.  I''m all for football aid but £170 as a starting bid is fairly expensive - Sadly these things limit who can afford to participate and ends in rich kids having a jolly.

One for the young ''uns? But either Football Aid or the Pink Un Posters idea - I think Simon Lappin might be interested in both.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]

It’s that time of year again: the weather is wetter, money is minimal and New Year’s resolutions are already redundant. But fear not: Football Aid are here to brighten up those January blues with the return of the spectacular annual event, the unique and fantastic Football Aid January Auction!

Together with the support of Norwich City, Football Aid
are looking to raise even more money for a variety of charitable causes, as the launch of the fiercely competitive Football Aid auction gets underway. Imagine the pride in seeing your shirt hanging up in the changing room, the thrill of running through the tunnel and the adrenaline of playing on the pitch that your heroes have graced before you…  

A host of club legends including Jeremy Goss, Robert Fleck and Dale Gordon have all supported Football Aid in previous years, either managing or playing alongside fans of the Canaries as they graced the hallowed turf.

The 2009 Football Aid Auction at www.footballaid.com is already shaping up to be extremely exciting, with the new Maximum Bid and Buy Now options already proving very popular with bidders! Bidding positions will continue to close at regular intervals throughout the bidding period with the first position closing on the 3rd February and the last available positions closing on the 4th March.

So with bidding starting from only £170, there really is no better time to grab yourself the ultimate January bargain! So if you are a midfield magician like Mark Fotheringham, or are great in goals like Marshall, there are positions to suit every player wishing to take part in this event at Carrow Road!

All funds raised from the events are distributed through Football Aid''s parent charity Field of Dreams and split between diabetes research programmes, and charities nominated by participating clubs.
Football Aid has so far awarded over £1.3M to charitable causes since the company was set up in 2000, and has enabled nearly 10,000 football fans to pull on their favourite club’s colours and grace the hallowed turf of the club they support. Please visit www.footballaid.com or alternatively contact the sales team at info@footballaid.com to find out how you can Live the Dream.

[/quote]how long do we get to play?? 90 mins or just a bit part??  £170 is an aweful lot in this financial climate as a starting bid