Sign in to follow this  
canaries

Cody or Killen in - Cureton out

Jamie should not start on sat he missed another 2 easy chances last night. He has had his run in the team now and we cant afford to miss the easy chances that we get.

I don''t think you''ll get many arguements on here, especially after last night.  He does try, bless him, and is Norwich through and through but you don''t get 2 new strikers in for no reason.  Sorry Jamie lad but your time is up.  Killen and Cort to start on Saturday with the kid on the bench.

Yeah i went last night and its the best ive seen Cort play this season however i think Croft was Man of match for us

I''d sooner Killen start than Cody. Cody''s probably quite a way from match fitness, especially since he''s never had to train daily at a professional club before. Ease him in gently I say. [Y]

[quote user="Scooby"]I don''t think you''ll get many arguements on here, especially after last night.  He does try, bless him, and is Norwich through and through but you don''t get 2 new strikers in for no reason.  Sorry Jamie lad but your time is up.  Killen and Cort to start on Saturday with the kid on the bench.[/quote]

I''m in total agreement there as we cannot afford sentiment for under-performers. They must wait their time for another chance.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Rusty and Marshall must be dropped on Saturday as their errors gave away goals![:|][/quote]

The difference here Wiz, I''m afraid, is that they haven''t been doing that all season.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]Rusty and Marshall must be dropped on Saturday as their errors gave away goals![:|][/quote]

Jamie Cureton was a good player in his day Wiz, we all know that. But its fairly clear that that day has been and gone. Perservering with him now will inevitably cost the club points, points that are crucial to the our clubs Championship survival. You''re right, Cureton didn''t cost us 2 points last night, he did however deny us the chance of scoring more goals. And I''m sure you''re aware that goals win games. I think, given his age, he would be best used as an impact sub. And that''s being generous.

Having just seen Cody''s goals and the lack of quality playing against him, and bearing in mind the other thread about lack of reserve team games, the first thing for Cody should be an emergency month''s loan out to League 1 or 2 club to bring him on, with an instant recall proviso.  A leap into the Championship might be a step too far.  We have Gow and Killen available so no immediate rush.

Obviously Cody Mac wont be fit enough but i think we should capitlise on the players purple patch, he must be on cloud nine right now and would be raring to go given the chance.

Doubt we''ll see it tho, i just dont think its the done thing in football. Maybe when were safe and 3-0 up in a game and he''s on the bench.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Having just seen Cody''s goals and the lack of quality playing against him, and bearing in mind the other thread about lack of reserve team games, the first thing for Cody should be an emergency month''s loan out to League 1 or 2 club to bring him on, with an instant recall proviso.  A leap into the Championship might be a step too far.  We have Gow and Killen available so no immediate rush.[/quote]

No way do I want to see any more of our players going out on loan. Surely they can work on his fitness at Colney, it shouldn''t take too long to bring him up to the required standard. Gunny should start by giving him a half hour or so run out at the end of the match on Saturday, providing we''re not defending a one nil lead, or something silly like that.

Neither for me. Play Gow and Hoolihan with Sammy. Feed off Cort. Quick feet, attacking ability and variation a plenty.

Carney and Croft either side.

Just hope that formation would not leave us to open BUT Gow is a midfielder.

Well let''s all hope to be 3-0 up at half time on Saturday then we can start blooding youngsters.

There''s much too much of this caution from managers, this holding youngsters back because they are perceived to be not quite ready or too young. I hope that Gunny doesn''t follow this tedious formula. Give the boy a try asap is what I say, or you may never find out what he''s capable of, as his enthusiasm and confidence drain away through lack of opportunity. Give him a go for a few games; if it doesn''t work out initially, rest him for a few games and then bring him back to the fray gradually.

[quote user="The Butler"]

Neither for me. Play Gow and Hoolihan with Sammy. Feed off Cort. Quick feet, attacking ability and variation a plenty.

Carney and Croft either side.

Just hope that formation would not leave us to open BUT Gow is a midfielder.

[/quote]

I like this idea, and would have suggested the same myself. A bright, attacking line-up, providing the movement is good and the full backs get forward.