Sign in to follow this  
Reckoner

A question for Wiz

Do you think that Cureton deserves a place in the starting line-up after tonight?

This is a genuine question, i''m not having a go or anything, we all have our opinions on players, but i know that you are a firm supporter of Jamie. Yes he works hard and has ''yellow and green blood'', but is he really deserving of a first team place, in your opinion?

[quote user="Reckoner"]

Do you think that Cureton deserves a place in the starting line-up after tonight?

This is a genuine question, i''m not having a go or anything, we all have our opinions on players, but i know that you are a firm supporter of Jamie. Yes he works hard and has ''yellow and green blood'', but is he really deserving of a first team place, in your opinion?

[/quote]

Yes I do........he defends as well you know!

Until I see the missed chances, I''m not going to say too much, or spoil a superb away result.

But I will say this Reckoner, we conceded 3 goals, maybe thats a valid reason for us not winning tonight.[:S]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Reckoner"]

[/quote]

Until I see the missed chances, I''m not going to say too much, or spoil a superb away result.

But I will say this Reckoner, we conceded 3 goals, maybe thats a valid reason for us not winning tonight.[:S]

[/quote]Whats curos main job wiz ?Exactly, he is meant to SCORE !

Somedays I feel Wiz might forgive Jamie for urinating on his carpets. But good rsult anyway, for the sake of team spirit I wouldnt change the starting 11.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Reckoner"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree that our defence was the main problem tonight, and i''m not blaming Cureton for us not winning tonight. If you ignore the result, and ignore the state of the match when he had the chances (especially the first), then the fact is that he should have scored.

But anyway, not trying to take anything away from what was a good result, well done lads [:)]

I''d back jamie to score against Bristol City... Wiz is right... 3 goals leaked again is an issue... But the misses will cost us... I would love him to do well... i reckon lets just wait and see... Lets not get on his back.

Well done tonight... i am as proud as ever tonight to be a Norwich supporter.

Every striker, no matter who, goes through a bad patch, Jamie is no exception.

As we have no reserve team we can''t drop him to a lower grade to regain his form, so the only other option is to keep picking him until he plays his way back into scoring.

Unfortunately, for him, we are near the bottom of the league and are not not in a position to allow him this lattitude, plus we now have forward cover so I think his opportunities will be few and far between from now on. Let''s hope he grasps them when they do come because he is a very good little player and contributes a lot to our team I feel.

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]JC has not been scoring and wasting great chances since he left colchester. That''s not a bad patch that''s a bad player.[/quote]

[Y][Y][Y]

[quote user="Fabregas- Poor Mans Ian Crook"]JC has not been scoring and wasting great chances since he left colchester. That''s not a bad patch that''s a bad player.[/quote]

A bad patch can be any length of time, he is not a bad player his team contribution is good he just isn''t scoring unfortunately.

Nearly every week ,a little while back, it was Doc who was having a bad time but now he is in favour, if we had dumped him we would be all the poorer.

We always seem to have to get on the back of one player don''t we ? So I suppose we will drive Jamie away then find someone else for a whipping boy eh ?

He misses to many chances,people going on about his team contribution i disagree,he doesn''t close the oposition down like McKenzie did and he doesn''t seem to create to many chances for others,i can''t help but think with the new signings he is on his way out at the end of season.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

A bad patch can be any length of time, he is not a bad player his team contribution is good he just isn''t scoring unfortunately.

Nearly every week ,a little while back, it was Doc who was having a bad time but now he is in favour, if we had dumped him we would be all the poorer.

We always seem to have to get on the back of one player don''t we ? So I suppose we will drive Jamie away then find someone else for a whipping boy eh ?

[/quote] How can you call running around anonomously a good team contribution.

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

[/quote]

But on this forum, or at the games for that matter, you will find that Doherty had a lot of admirers too. Not for his beautiful defending (!) but his no-nonsense, all-for-the-cause attitude, and because - apart from a few shaky moments - he gets the job done.

Jamie is in the team to score goals. Not for his link up play, not for his pace, not for his physical presence. Just to score goals. And he is not doing his job.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He is not there to defend, he is there to score, end off.[/quote]

And defenders are there to defend, end of![:|]

Unfortunately JC was always a one season wonder.

Was not good enough when he was here before and realy not good enough now.

If the team is going to progress then some of the mediocrity needs to be got rid of.

We have been plagued with his level for far to long and with to many of his calibre.

Let him go back to a level he can score goals at.

He might bleed yellow and green but we need goals not blood. Half the support at a match would bleed yellow and green for a chance to play and they would not be up to the job either.

[quote user="The Butler"]

If the team is going to progress then some of the mediocrity needs to be got rid of.

We have been plagued with his level for far to long and with to many of his calibre.

He might bleed yellow and green but we need goals not blood. Half the support at a match would bleed yellow and green for a chance to play and they would not be up to the job either.

[/quote]

200 league goals say otherwise Butler![:|]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]He is not there to defend, he is there to score, end off.[/quote]

[/quote]Wiz. I cant make out whether you''re attacking defenders, defending attackers, attacking attackers, or  defending defenders. Would you care to explain? I''m confused! [:D]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]Wiz. I cant make out whether you''re attacking defenders, defending attackers, attacking attackers, or  defending defenders. Would you care to explain? I''m confused! [:D][/quote]

Lol, aren''t we all Lapps, arent we all![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]

200 league goals say otherwise Butler![:|]

[/quote]

In a 16 year career Wiz? That''s an average of 12 per season, the strike rate of an attacking midfielder, not a frontline striker. I know you love the bloke and we all have our blind spots, but  we need someone who scores more than they miss and he simply doesn''t do that. I''m with Butler on this one.

I believe Butler''s point was that 75% of Jamie''s goals have been scored at a level lower than the Championship plus, given the passing years, it''s unlikely that he''s going to now discover the joy of being prolific at a higher level.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I believe Butler''s point was that 75% of Jamie''s goals have been scored at a level lower than the Championship plus, given the passing years, it''s unlikely that he''s going to now discover the joy of being prolific at a higher level.[/quote]

Same goal post, same defenders YC, and don''t forget, all Cody McDonalds goals have been at non league, yet many see him as a saviour!.

You can''t use the same point two ways.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]I believe Butler''s point was that 75% of Jamie''s goals have been scored at a level lower than the Championship plus, given the passing years, it''s unlikely that he''s going to now discover the joy of being prolific at a higher level.[/quote]

Same goal post, same defenders YC, and don''t forget, all Cody McDonalds goals have been at non league, yet many see him as a saviour!.

[/quote]

Nobody''s said Cody is a saviour, simply that it was worth the risk. He has time on his side, and cost us peanuts. Whereas JC is all but over the hill, and cost the best part of a million squid.

It''s a different point, for a different case altogether.

Nice to hear your voice last night!!

I like JC,  another one of my all time fave NCFC players, even in his first stint with us (when he had a stinking bad attitude) I liked him, he just spouted passion for NC, and right now that passion is what we need.

Personally though I would prefer it if he could get one goal every other game minimum, and he has been a bit barn door lately, I reckon and I might be wrong, that he is pressurising himself far too much, he should just go out on the pitch and enjoy playing.  If he''s relaxed and doesn''t put himself under pressure I think some goals will come.

[/quote]

Wizard, while the goal posts are the same you and I both know that defenders are quicker, more skilled and generally more "football smart" the higher the level. Cody may not make the grade but it will cost us very little to find out, whereas Jamie has proved since breaking into the professional ranks 15 years ago the best days of his career ( which at 33 are probably in the past ) was scoring goals at a lower level. The prudent thing is to look for an opportunity to replace him when it appears, and I''m sure we will. In the meanwhile, let''s all be happy at the mini-turaround we are seeing at the moment and hope we can tuck a couple of quick wins under our belt to push us away from danger.