Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Hoof ball !!

After seeing E-B''s hat-trick on the box last night, I wish someone would tell our dear defenders that sometimes it''s ok to just bloody hoof the damn thing!!!  All of their goals were clumsy, bobble about in the box type thingies, that maybe could have been avoided if someone would just get a damn great size 10 on it and get it as far down the pitch as possible.  Maybe someone should pop down to Colney and pass on that old saying "If in doubt GET IT OUT!!"!!

Other than that, bloody marvelous performance, chuffed to bits for everyone concerned.  Can''t wait for Saturday.

I don''t agree, a hoof out of defence invariably results in a renewed attack. Being able to pass your way out of defence worries the opposition, as they are then always in danger of getting caught on the break by an incisive pass imo.

[quote user="astrodyne"]I don''t agree, a hoof out of defence invariably results in a renewed attack. Being able to pass your way out of defence worries the opposition, as they are then always in danger of getting caught on the break by an incisive pass imo.
[/quote]

yes but there are times when you need to just get the ball away

[quote user="astrodyne"]I don''t agree, a hoof out of defence invariably results in a renewed attack. Being able to pass your way out of defence worries the opposition, as they are then always in danger of getting caught on the break by an incisive pass imo.
[/quote]

Very true if you''ve got the ability or time to pass it out. But sometimes you just have to clear your lines and a good player will know when to clear and when to pass. Even John Terry or Rio Ferdinand doesnt even pass it out all the time.

Absolutely agree - our players do need to learn when to play it out of trouble and when to just clear the lines.  My old games teacher used to have a saying: "if in doubt put it out" - it gains you some time.   Hoofing it clear gives the defence a short respite to organise themselves against the next attack (and if you have a player or two up, it could go to one of them), whereas losing possession on the edge of your own area lets them in on goal.  I certainly know which is a better prospect, and it is not the latter.