Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Long term expectations

Where do you reckon these teams should be looking at, if a 10 year table was drawn up, i.e. the next 10 years of finishes were added together... Man ULiverpoolArsenalTottenhamWiganPortsmouthFulhamEvertonQPRNorwich CityNottingham ForestLeeds UtdI think, Man U, 1st, no questionLiverpool, 3rd, good past, main club in a big city, and worldwide reception, currentlyArsenal, 6th as much as they are my "2nd team" they''re just one of many in London, and, primatively, not one i''d think of as a main one...Tottenham, 5th, Possibly a bit bigger than Arsenal on a whole, but not by muchWigan, 50th, a midrate town in England, who will never in realistic time, attract more than 25000 fansPortsmouth, 49th, a more successful wigan...Fulham, 70th, whf are a club of that size and stature doing in the EPL top 10! Fair play to them!Everton, 10th fair enough a top club, but the 2nd in a biggish city, and there''s plenty of Cities bigger and with a bigger potential fanbase than the wirralQPR, 14th, well, with the money, they should have it in them to be a top 20 club, and Loftus Road isn''t small, or empty either...Norwich City, 10th, probably in the top 10 cities in the country, a massive fanbase contingent, and a full, 25000 stadium every week, it deludes me how long we''ve spent outside the top flight, with teams like Pompey, Wigan and Bolton there a while!Nottingham Forest, 8th a worse version of us, including vast past success...Leeds, 4th, the 3rd biggest city in the country, with a passionate following, surely only a matter of time before they''re back in their proper place and it''s someone else, (like Liverpool)''s turn to properly struggle

the source of ALL of my frustration in that I completely agree with you regarding Norwich City. If the Board had matched the ambtion and commitment of the fans then 10th place should be entirely realistic. The reason Pompey, Wigan, Bolton etc are in the top flight instead of us is simply a question of ambition and support at Boardroom level. Look at Burnley, 6000 odd fans for their FA Cup game where we would have had 25000, yet they have a million plus they are prepared to spend on 1 striker yet seemingly we don''t?

We the fans, depiste our diffeences and slanging matches, are magnificent, outside of possibly Sheffield Wednesday and Man City over the last few years I don''t think any group of fans have been so badly let down though. The very nerve of "Where are you, c''mon let''s be aving you". The sheer cheek of even daring to say it when she''s got 20000+ season ticket monies in the coffers.