Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

So who now thinks we will get relegated?

I for one don''t, and haven''t done at any point this season, but now the feel good factor seems to be back at Carrow Road, with results on the pitch, spirited performances from out players, and our fans actually seem to be united once  again (except Smudger), I think the good times could be coming back to Carrow Road and Gunny could be our saviour!!Oh and for those who didn''t go to Wolves last night, wait until you see David Carney, he is superb, he has pace, he can take people on (didn''t lose possesion once) and he can put a hell of a cross in, finding Cureton twice with pin point crosses, this guy could be important to us and hopefully he will carry on where he left off last night!!!

We are doing ok but a look at the table says we are not out of the woods yet, i am more confident now than when Roeder was in charge but i am still not relaxed about it but will say i think we will stay up.

For me it''s definitely Charlton and Southampton, but we''re in with a shout for the final berth as long as it''s mathmatically possible!

Tbh I can''t see it now the Roedent has gone, he was poisonous. Gunny has the personality to see us good, with Butterworth coming in to add his knowledge and some good looking loanees I''m optimistic.

[quote user="ellis206"]I for one don''t, and haven''t done at any point this season, but now the feel good factor seems to be back at Carrow Road, with results on the pitch, spirited performances from out players, and our fans actually seem to be united once  again (except Smudger), I think the good times could be coming back to Carrow Road and Gunny could be our saviour!!
Oh and for those who didn''t go to Wolves last night, wait until you see David Carney, he is superb, he has pace, he can take people on (didn''t lose possesion once) and he can put a hell of a cross in, finding Cureton twice with pin point crosses, this guy could be important to us and hopefully he will carry on where he left off last night!!!
[/quote]

I agree with your sentiment and truly hope we don''t grace the third div come august, BUT

look at the league table

Ain''t no good being heroic against Wolves if we can''t keep it going over the next few weeks. And while I really hope this run continues and we stay safe, we must realise that teams beneath us have games in hand.

Might be wise to reign in too much exuberation just at the moment until we have actually achieved something.

[quote user="ellis206"]I for one don''t, and haven''t done at any point this season, but now the feel good factor seems to be back at Carrow Road, with results on the pitch, spirited performances from out players, and our fans actually seem to be united once  again (except Smudger), I think the good times could be coming back to Carrow Road and Gunny could be our saviour!!
Oh and for those who didn''t go to Wolves last night, wait until you see David Carney, he is superb, he has pace, he can take people on (didn''t lose possesion once) and he can put a hell of a cross in, finding Cureton twice with pin point crosses, this guy could be important to us and hopefully he will carry on where he left off last night!!!
[/quote]

i still think we will go down, although we are unbeaten in four we have only won 1 in that four, and if you count before gunn the record stands at 1 win 9! my main worry is the fact we dont have any games against the teams around us left to play! i think the only one is watford at home, so after everyone has played catch up our true position is likely to be bottom three and from then on we must hope other teams slip up effectively meaning it isnt really in our hands! we still have some really difficult games and need to find another 7 wins to stand a chance which is nearly double the amount of games won this season so far! and a win rate of nearly 1 every two games!

But i will take my hat off to gunny so far and say he has made an encouraging start, he seems to have galvanised the players and created a better atmoshere around the club as a whole, which is essential for a relegation scrap. I think alot depends on injuries aswell leijer is just coming back as is killen from long term injuries, cort is very injury prone and gow failed his wolves medical. take them four out of the equaiton and we have no chance so fingers crossed they stay fit

No-one in their right mind. Anything could happen but we have an improved team. We also have 32 pts. As little as 44 could see us stay up. That''s another12 pts from 15 games. I think we will get 50 pts.Gunn is arguably due a defeat but another win would see us needing just 9 pts from 14 games.

also its amazing the amount of effort that has gone in to get two good results and two points against donny and wolves to cancel out the poor last half hour against saints where we stupidly dropped two points.

what im saying is after the southampton game we should have been sitting on 32 points, we were not and it has taken us another two games to get there. with games running out we cant afford to drop silly points anymore

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="ellis206"]I for one don''t, and haven''t done at any point this season, but now the feel good factor seems to be back at Carrow Road, with results on the pitch, spirited performances from out players, and our fans actually seem to be united once  again (except Smudger), I think the good times could be coming back to Carrow Road and Gunny could be our saviour!!Oh and for those who didn''t go to Wolves last night, wait until you see David Carney, he is superb, he has pace, he can take people on (didn''t lose possesion once) and he can put a hell of a cross in, finding Cureton twice with pin point crosses, this guy could be important to us and hopefully he will carry on where he left off last night!!![/quote]

i still think we will go down, although we are unbeaten in four we have only won 1 in that four, and if you count before gunn the record stands at 1 win 9! my main worry is the fact we dont have any games against the teams around us left to play!

[/quote]Haven''t checked but other teams below us must have to play each other - so they can''t all play catch up. Certainly a losing run could see things change but not all clubs are going to get to 43 pts. In 2006 and 2007 43 pts represented safety. LC - can you be more specific and say how many pts we will total but which will see us relegated?

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

also its amazing the amount of effort that has gone in to get two good results and two points against donny and wolves to cancel out the poor last half hour against saints where we stupidly dropped two points.

what im saying is after the southampton game we should have been sitting on 32 points, we were not and it has taken us another two games to get there. with games running out we cant afford to drop silly points anymore

[/quote]But i would argue that since Lita''s absence, we have not had a decent striker to put away the chances.

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

i still think we will go down, although we are unbeaten in four we have only won 1 in that four, and if you count before gunn the record stands at 1 win 9! my main worry is the fact we dont have any games against the teams around us left to play!

[/quote]

Haven''t checked but other teams below us must have to play each other - so they can''t all play catch up. Certainly a losing run could see things change but not all clubs are going to get to 43 pts. In 2006 and 2007 43 pts represented safety. LC - can you be more specific and say how many pts we will total but which will see us relegated?
[/quote]

[quote user="Binky"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Haven''t checked but other teams below us must have to play each other - so they can''t all play catch up. Certainly a losing run could see things change but not all clubs are going to get to 43 pts. In 2006 and 2007 43 pts represented safety. LC - can you be more specific and say how many pts we will total but which will see us relegated?
[/quote]

43 points only meant safety in 2006 and 2007 if you weren''t one of the bottom three. From the bottom three''s perspective 50 points were required.

That said, I think we will stay up. Between 45 and 50 points should be enough.

I certainly think more than 44 pts will be needed, i think Charlton/Saints are goners but there is a cluster of clubs in for the third spot, i will still be happy to see 50 points.

pessimist! But on your logic, 48 would see us safe. That''s just 16 pts from 15 games. Just one win would make that 13 pts from 14 games. Oh come on! (Now cheer up and enjoy the ride).

[quote user="ricky knight"]I certainly think more than 44 pts will be needed, i think Charlton/Saints are goners but there is a cluster of clubs in for the third spot, i will still be happy to see 50 points.[/quote]I agree with you here Ricky.  We''ve got a fair way to go, touch wood everything will be ok from here in, but we''re too close to the bottom to be thinking we''re safe.Another 8 points in the next 5 matches and I''ll be more confident that we''re safe.

I really hope we don''t get relegated but in all reality there is still a chance, we only need other clubs results to go against us instead of for us and it could well be squeaky bum time again.  However, if we can win a good few gams and draw the rest we might be ok.

I think its highly unlikely that we will be regulated. On current Gunn era form we will pick up 22 or so points from the rest of the games and will be comfortably in the mid 50''s. BUT we have to sort out the defence, and need another central defender/right back. I don''t think we have problems with scoring, and what a relief it is to say that. After having depended on loan signings, Evans, Lita, to score over the past two seasons, we have at last a whole team capable of doing that. I think we are up to 10 different scorers since Gunn took over, most of them our own players. The new loans look promising and I can see Carney and especially Gow and Killen getting their names on the sheet.

I believe that for the first time in three seasons our fate is in our own hands, and it will be less about what Soton or Barnsley do, and more about maintaining our current form, but without so many defensive errors.

I''m never confident of avoiding until we reach 52pts, which means taking 20 from 15 games.

Having said that, I think we''ll achieve this. People are too excited about the fixture list and wondering where we will or won''t pick up points. This league is much of a muchness and we''re as likely (if not arguably more so) to pick up points against the Wolves'' of this world as we are the Charlton''s. It''s not like the Premiership where the divisions are such that if a team gets a point against one of the big four they practically deserve an open-top bus ride. The important thing is that we have a bit of traction and finally a little forward momentum. That counts far more than the upcoming opposition in such a tight league.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="Binky"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="ellis206"]I for one don''t, and haven''t done at any point this season, but now the feel good factor seems to be back at Carrow Road, with results on the pitch, spirited performances from out players, and our fans actually seem to be united once  again (except Smudger), I think the good times could be coming back to Carrow Road and Gunny could be our saviour!!Oh and for those who didn''t go to Wolves last night, wait until you see David Carney, he is superb, he has pace, he can take people on (didn''t lose possesion once) and he can put a hell of a cross in, finding Cureton twice with pin point crosses, this guy could be important to us and hopefully he will carry on where he left off last night!!![/quote]

[/quote]Haven''t checked but other teams below us must have to play each other - so they can''t all play catch up. Certainly a losing run could see things change but not all clubs are going to get to 43 pts. In 2006 and 2007 43 pts represented safety. LC - can you be more specific and say how many pts we will total but which will see us relegated?[/quote]

43 points only meant safety in 2006 and 2007 if you weren''t one of the bottom three. From the bottom three''s perspective 50 points were required.

[/quote]True Simon - though I question your logic. The fact is, that to have been in the bottom 3 in those seasons you needed to have 42 pts or less. We are not safe I know - but barring the loss of our most influential midfielder,  I really cannot see ALL the other clubs - doing as well as us - and a bit more. If it was a straight fight between us and sone other club, the situation would be much bleaker.

I think it should be pointed out that in 2007, 47 points would have been required to stay up had Leeds not have taken the ten-point deduction after they were all but down; had they been able to catch another team going into the last game I doubt that would have happened.

I''m cautiously optimistic. Gunny has been a revelation so far, but we need to see what happens once the honeymoon period is over. I''m very pleased with the activity in the transfer window and there is no doubt that we''re playing with more freedom and clearly seem more up for the fight than under Roeder.

However, the realist in me points to the fact that we are still in a very dangerous position.

We are still in a perilous position but I cannot see us going down. Come the end of the season we will avoid relegation, Gunny the legend is intact and offered a seat on the Board leaving Butters & Chippy to take over, a pairing that the Board dare not try out just now as Season ticket sales are still in process.

Gunny legacy is that of steadying the ship both on and off the pitch

I admit I had us down for the drop, but now? I''m not sure, games in hand worry me.

But I am sure that Gunn and the boys will give it a hell of go survival wise.

For me Charlton and Southampton are doomed. By far the worst teams in this league and desrvedly so. The 3rd place will hopefully be taken by watford, so no I dont think we will go down, and have a good feeling, ever since Gunny and co were put at the helm, in fact Ive had a good feeling ever since Roeder was booted out.

I am more optimistic than for some time.

If we are not having to play teams nearer to us then good as our performances seem better against the better teams.

Thebalance in the side is much better and options all over the side to score goals .

Defence will be stronger with Davies coming in.

Bodes well for a good season in the Championship next season when we convert loans to permanents.

Money will be found asit has this transfer window.

The club is far from broke so the way is now UPPPPPPPPPPP!

15th. Derby

16th. Forest

17th. Norwich

18th. Coventry

19th. Plymouth

20th. Watford

21st. Plymouth

22nd. Barnsley

23rd. Charlton

24th. Southampton