Sign in to follow this  
blacko

Moving up the popularity league

For those who live in Diss and other areas equidistant between Norwich and Ipswich there has always been a noticeable percentage of each set of fans. When Ipswich were in Europe in the 70''s it was probably about 50/50 maybe a little in their favour in the Diss area. I have just been to the local sports shop and asked out of interest what the sales of each teams shirts were like. It is now 25/30 Norwich shirts to each towen one! What a pleasure!

blacko

this is what i used to find in beccles, where i lived as a child and returned to for a few years while my kids were at school

ipswich were very patchy on the ground when we were doing well, but they came out of the woodwork during their recent spell in the prem (having said that, most of the binners there i know - about five!!) - you would see a few shirts and ''premier blues'' car stickers!! he he

i think you will find there might be more of them in diss, but they keep quiet about it, there are some in norwich, so i believe, but i haven''t seen one of those awful blue and white shirts for over a year in our fine city (except when we stuffed them at FCR of course!)

The Budgens in Long Stratton - 10 miles from Norwich, 30 from the cesspit - doesn''t sell the Pink Un, only the Green Un...