Sign in to follow this  
Stevie Wonder

9 different scorers in 4 games!!!

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Dorty Loons"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But he bleeds yellow and green [:^)]
[/quote]

Yeah, and isn''t that something to sneer about ! "Time and time again I have said on here that JC is a proven striker with the potential to score many goals for us alongside the right partners, within the right team structure and playing for a motivational manager who believes in him. My view is that Gunn has demonstrated obvious confidence in JC and the changes that have been recently made coupled to the type of players brought in and the fact that Cort (who I spoke highly of after the Reading match) is now being given an opportunity can only benefit Jamie and therefore all of us. I can''t believe that so many posters want to be so negative and critical of a permanent player at the club who so clearly wants to do well and whose confidence was so obviously undermined by the spite of the rat man." What is wrong with you people ? get behind the players, try and talk up the positives instead of being so quick to "slag off" all the time. God, you people make me sick...... sneering away at a player who wants to do well for the club.

[/quote]

You fail to understand that there is a difference between getting behind the team and being objective. Cureton is a non scoring striker, when we have alternatives available. Taking your logic to its full extent, if Marshall drops a ball on the opposition''s centre forward''s foot every game for 10 games, but "wants to do well", would you continue to play him if we had an equally good keeper on the bench? Passion is one thing, but the team is more important than any one player. Many of us have been around football for many years  and we are simply being objective.You, on the other hand, as betrayed by your use of language ("What is wrong with you people?", for example), are being motivated by emotion. I appreciate that you love Cureton, and I have nothing against him at all, other than the fact that I believe him to be a League One standard striker, as 1 goal in 18 appearances tends to suggest.

We are a team on the edge of danger, not some sort of rehabilitation unit, so sadly hard decisons have to be made, regardless of how much players want to do well.

[/quote]

If you have inferred from what I have written that I am a blinkered supporter of JC simply because he is a loyal Norwich player then I am sorry but you have missed the point of what I have said and you have only seized upon the "bleeds green and yellow" issue which amuses so many posters on here. Cureton''s record speaks for itself. Golden boot award playing alongside Iwelumo only a couple of seasons ago, successful alongside Jason Roberts, the same alongside Akinbiyi all those years ago. Roeder didn''t give the player a chance, instead in effect he systematically eroded JC''s confidence. I supported the Gunn appointment at the time. Still early days of course but the feeling is growing that stability has returned to our club and we have a good managment team in place and one which believes in supporting and motivating players rather than criticising them all the time. One of Gunn''s first actions was to bring back JC and that suggests to me that Gunn sustains a good opinion of the player. He has also brought in Killen and Gow as well as showing confidence in Cort, a player who IMO can really benefit JC. I regard JC as a squad player and the new arrivals mean that he will have to fight for his place but within the context, finally, of a positive and motivational environment. Whether JC continues to be a starter or used as a sub remains to be seen but, after working with all their players in training, only Gunn, Butterworth and Crook have the ability to make the judgment call on selection matters. My view is that JC will thrive under the new regime, show continued improvement and make a positive contribution to the team in its effors to avoid the drop. To suggest that JC should be in "some sort of rehabilitation unit" is, frankly, a bit silly and uncalled for but then, I''m just a poster who has no allegiances on here so I am not playing to the veteran posters audience.

[quote user="Dorty Loons"]One of Gunn''s first actions was to bring back JC and that suggests to me that Gunn sustains a good opinion of the player.[/quote]Wrong! The board brought him back before Gunn was appointed.

[quote user="Dorty Loons"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Dorty Loons"]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]But he bleeds yellow and green [:^)]
[/quote]

Yeah, and isn''t that something to sneer about ! "Time and time again I have said on here that JC is a proven striker with the potential to score many goals for us alongside the right partners, within the right team structure and playing for a motivational manager who believes in him. My view is that Gunn has demonstrated obvious confidence in JC and the changes that have been recently made coupled to the type of players brought in and the fact that Cort (who I spoke highly of after the Reading match) is now being given an opportunity can only benefit Jamie and therefore all of us. I can''t believe that so many posters want to be so negative and critical of a permanent player at the club who so clearly wants to do well and whose confidence was so obviously undermined by the spite of the rat man." What is wrong with you people ? get behind the players, try and talk up the positives instead of being so quick to "slag off" all the time. God, you people make me sick...... sneering away at a player who wants to do well for the club.

[/quote]

You fail to understand that there is a difference between getting behind the team and being objective. Cureton is a non scoring striker, when we have alternatives available. Taking your logic to its full extent, if Marshall drops a ball on the opposition''s centre forward''s foot every game for 10 games, but "wants to do well", would you continue to play him if we had an equally good keeper on the bench? Passion is one thing, but the team is more important than any one player. Many of us have been around football for many years  and we are simply being objective.You, on the other hand, as betrayed by your use of language ("What is wrong with you people?", for example), are being motivated by emotion. I appreciate that you love Cureton, and I have nothing against him at all, other than the fact that I believe him to be a League One standard striker, as 1 goal in 18 appearances tends to suggest.

We are a team on the edge of danger, not some sort of rehabilitation unit, so sadly hard decisons have to be made, regardless of how much players want to do well.

[/quote]

If you have inferred from what I have written that I am a blinkered supporter of JC simply because he is a loyal Norwich player then I am sorry but you have missed the point of what I have said and you have only seized upon the "bleeds green and yellow" issue which amuses so many posters on here. Cureton''s record speaks for itself. Golden boot award playing alongside Iwelumo only a couple of seasons ago, successful alongside Jason Roberts, the same alongside Akinbiyi all those years ago. Roeder didn''t give the player a chance, instead in effect he systematically eroded JC''s confidence. I supported the Gunn appointment at the time. Still early days of course but the feeling is growing that stability has returned to our club and we have a good managment team in place and one which believes in supporting and motivating players rather than criticising them all the time. One of Gunn''s first actions was to bring back JC and that suggests to me that Gunn sustains a good opinion of the player. He has also brought in Killen and Gow as well as showing confidence in Cort, a player who IMO can really benefit JC. I regard JC as a squad player and the new arrivals mean that he will have to fight for his place but within the context, finally, of a positive and motivational environment. Whether JC continues to be a starter or used as a sub remains to be seen but, after working with all their players in training, only Gunn, Butterworth and Crook have the ability to make the judgment call on selection matters. My view is that JC will thrive under the new regime, show continued improvement and make a positive contribution to the team in its effors to avoid the drop. To suggest that JC should be in "some sort of rehabilitation unit" is, frankly, a bit silly and uncalled for but then, I''m just a poster who has no allegiances on here so I am not playing to the veteran posters audience.

[/quote]

That''s a very good post, and its rather a shame that you let yourself down with a  childish dig at the end. My comment followed on from the one about putting the team first, and meant that we need results NOW and can''t continue to play a non productive player on the basis that he''ll eventually come good. I would actually love to see Cureton come good, but I can''t condone keeping him in the team when he''s showing continual ineptitude in front of goal (he could, indeed should, have won us both the Wolves and Donny games). I will say again, a striker''s job is to score, which he simply isn''t doing (and I notice that you happily ignored my Marshall example).